You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patdart

Leftovers for dinner paid off!  98 yesterday morning, 86 this morning.

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this mostly cloudy morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

Humidity here 33%, 60°F possibility of a few showers but I hope not as my bug spray people were just here.

Wow Shanny, I wish I had a handyman like that! I have a lawn/tree lady but all the other things, not so much.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Maggie

I went to see the doctor today and my blood test results were awful. My new HBA1c was 9.2 and glucose 197. He wants to double my dose of glimepiride, so I guess I will try that. I wish there was a substitute for those metformin horse pills which are so hard to swallow.  :(

Shanny

(((Maggie))) I 'liked' your post because I agree about those horse pills - not because I like that your results are sky-high.  :( But I know you can get this under control, and we can help you. Take a deep breath & visit us more often - it does help to be with others who are fighting the same battles.

skb

Hi Maggie,

Did you try the A1c converter at the top right. It gives 250 as your estimated average blood sugar. That means, it is easy to assume your total variance may lie between 200 & 300. Looks like, you are going to need more than just pills to bring your sugars into control. The first step would be dietary carbohydrate restriction. It has worked for all of us, why won't it work for you ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

223 this morning.

Crazy busy until Tuesday, and then work is over for good!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

starsign

Finally  ;D We got to see 99 today morning. Not bad eh ? A two digit after all. I hope they're here for good.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Dianne

73 (4.0). A woman in my office was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes, luckily she has me for a coach :) I try but when she comes and asks why her morning numbers are so high I ask about night time foods all sounds good other than the pizza and brownies at dinner and the large glass of milk..... :o so the lessons continue ;)
A1C at DX 2002 7.2
7/14 8.8                10/14 5.2            1/15 4.8          
4/15 4.8                9/15   5.2            6/16 5.4   

Weight was 280 now 186, 94# lost so far

Sweety

I've started on the glucomet sr now. Today I was 94. But I forgot to take the reading early in the morning. By then I had had a tea (sugar free of course)
Diabetic ?

patdart

I woke and remembered to test.  I tried something slightly different and on purpose just to see what it would do to my fasting and it worked.  Not a plan to follow, but ate big protein lunch and then just a big pile of green beans for dinner w/some cheese and it was 82 this morning.  When I say a big pile I mean it...they are so good this time of the year and I had a dinner plate + a few extra that wouldn't fit on there.

I'll be looking more at the new site, skb.  It looks good so far.  I wish there was a way to automatically go to last read post on the page itself.  Am I missing something?  No wonder you've been so busy!

Shanny

I remembered to test when I awoke too, for once! Usually all the commotion of letting the furballs out/in, getting them fed, etc., leaves me forgetting everything else until way late, but I managed to keep my head together today.  ::) 

I wish I could claim an 82 like Pat had, but my 123 will hold me until a better one comes along.  :P

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this overcast morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night!! And yep, mama lupe's low carb tortillas are still off my menu!!  :(

Pat, if you click on the button NEW alongside the list of unread posts that will take you to the last post you read. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

A 117 this morning. The humidity is going up day by day. Another 2-3 weeks for the monsoon to set in. And it really pours here guys. We get an average of 100 inches of rain every year. The two highest rainfall spots in the world also happen to be here. The 2nd one is a hilly region known as Mahabaleshwar which is approximately 300 kms away from Mumbai.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

A 101 today, but that's not very far from 99, right ?  ~hi5~
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost