You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

So happy you're feeling better!

skb

115 this morning. Pleasantly surprised.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

120 this morning.

Astoundingly, I pretty much completed cleaning out the garage yesterday - I should really drag out the shop vacuum, but I doubt that'll happen.

It's quite a micro-archeological project, really. I found three old car batteries, five hubcaps (???) from two cars ago, two license plates around 20 years old, a detachable roof rack from the old Maestromobile and an incredible assortment of weed killers and dead lawn implements, etc.

Wouldn't it be great if garages naturally moved anti-entropically in the same fashion as Darwinian theory? By now, mine would be finished, heated and contain a Bugatti and a Maybach...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

starsign

Sorry, I was out for a few days and did not post. Today AJ was a 116 this morning.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

rocky

me too. worked 2 shifts to cover for a friend, so i couldnt post. today morning i was 110.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

88 (4.88) this morning.  FIL fell and broke his hip yesterday, he's 93 years old.  Had to call for an ambulance, poor guy could not get up and was in pain.  Hospital took X-rays  and confirmed it was broken so he had to be transported to another hospital that is 75 miles away, No Orthopedic surgeons here, one of the problems living in a remote area.  I've always thought that it wasn't if this would happen but when.  Old bones are brittle.   He's in very good health for his age so hopefully recovery will be no problem.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 03, 2016, 10:22:51 AM
FIL fell and broke his hip yesterday, he's 93 years old.

That's a great age to reach. Yes old bones can be a problem. And at that age, falling is all too common. Take care Wally. Hope your FiL recovers soon & completely.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

139 fbg this morning, that's what I get for eating about 35 g of peanuts last night whilst watching television.  We need rain so bad as our lawn has turned brown and our plants in the garden are really stressed.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Our rain started Friday night and hasn't let up since yesterday. It's peppering down heavily right now. Makes me feel bad for all the campers & others who planned to celebrate the holiday in the great outdoors, but we were beginning to need it too, and we're getting it in spades now. Hope we don't wind up with a flood, but for us, even that is not a disaster - we always know where our water is & where it's going, even if it's flooding the road!

bigskygal

93 (5.15) this partly cloudy morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night. 

Wally, so sorry to hear about  your FIL. Sending healing energy his way for a speedy recovery.

We got some rain overnight, not a huge amount though.  I hope they got more in the fire area.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I woke up early & was pleasantly surprised with a 102. The lowest I've seen in a long time. I had 2 extra vodkas last night & I know that helped. And also, DP had not kicked in.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

Since my dad sustained a broken hip years ago a year or two prior to his death, I've come to a theory of my own about this and it is that the joints are deteriorating already - and that is what causes the fall. Dad went down as he was stepping out of a vehicle, the hip didn't bear his weight and he fell, cracking his head on the side of the car. The head injury was obvious - the hip injury was not, until they got him to ER. So he didn't trip or stumble - all he did was put weight on that joint and it crumbled. I dunno what the medical community thinks, but I think Dad's hip was in trouble before he ever fell - it was a fall just waiting to happen.

He was in good health - his bones were strong - he was dancer, in that he went ballroom dancing once or twice a week and he also went bowling once or twice a week. JMO, but I don't think the fall caused the break - I think the break caused the fall.

rocky

you make a great point shanny.
my reading today 112.
had a nice workout at the gym last night.
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

It's been raining by the bucket loads here.  ~ltn~
AJ was 109 today morning. We're both quite happy about his numbers, considering the travel and some outside eating.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Sweety

112 today. I've been  ~cof~
Diabetic ?