You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

75 (4.16) this cool cloudy morning, 81 (4.49) at bedtime last night.

Still stiff today but feeling better.  I did walk yesterday with the help of Aleve and I think that did help keep me loosened up.

Had some rain yesterday, more predicted for today and maybe Friday.  Temps in high 50's to low 60's daytime and low 40's at night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Walking in the evening from work always helps.
Came back to my normal normals, 109 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

great skb, im back to my normals too
98 today  ;D ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

Hello Rocky,
You are doing pretty good. Coincidentally my number was also 98 today  ;D
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

143 this morning.

The snow plow guys up here are not to be trusted as they generally rip a lot of things up.

We get everything from powdery snow to wet and heavy. The only difference is it takes longer to clear the wet.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

103 (5.71) this morning.  I got the Cortisone injections in both knees yesterday and I am fortunate that I usually don't have a problem with my bg.  In the past it has only been responsible for an increase of 5-10 points and I expect it will be the same this time.  It sure does help the knees though.
We were cooler yesterday as advertised, 63° (17.2°C)  and this morning a surprising 32° (0°C).  I did not see this coming.  Should be warmer today by about 10° and tomorrow by another 10° so back in the 80's by the weekend and all of next week. 
Around 50 years ago a freak flood took out the State Highway we live on and it was re-located and now runs through our property.  What was a 2 1/2 acre lot in now about 2 acres on this side of the highway and about 1/2 acre on the other side of the highway.  We don't really use the part on the other side and we have, for a number of years, let the Highway Department park their equipment there when they need to as their yard is about 20 miles down the mountain.  As a result we get very kind treatment from the snow plow operators and never have a big berm in front of our driveway so getting in and out is not a problem.  Snow here, when we get it, can also be powdery or wet and heavy and the worst is when it gets icy. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

71 (3.93) this drizzly morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

The snow here is generally light and powdery.  I shovel as little as possible. The front deck, back porch and the concrete pad in front of the garage.  If it gets really deep, my next door neighbor will do the driveway and the pad.  He jerry rigged a plow to attach to his fork lift.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

a 102 today, very much in the range that ive settled down into  ;D
@wally it must be really noisy to be on the highway

Tamagno

228 this morning.

I know a number of guys who buy old pick ups with a plow just to do their driveways, but then you've got to have someplace to keep it. We live on a private road with only three houses, so the town doesn't plow our road at all. Having someone else do it would be ideal, but has just never worked out...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

87 this morning.  Grey, foggy morning here.  Not my idea of a autumn weather at all.

Since we live on a 4 lane highway, the state does indeed plow our road.  However during that process they almost always plow our driveway shut, so it isn't exactly fun to shovel the end of the driveway everytime it snows.  There is something 'special' about looking out on newly fallen snow at 5 a.m. before traffic spoils that peace and tranquility.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  It did warm up a bit, about 5 degrees, yesterday so not quite as much as advertised but still not bad.  Should be a bit warmer today and tomorrow and then it looks like a trend to drop into more Fall like weather.
@Rocky, well, it's a two lane, winding mountain highway so much of the time it is light, traffic wise, but on holiday weekends it can get quite busy with people heading to the lake with all sorts of RVs, boats, etc. however you get used to it and most of the time I don't even notice it. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

56 (3.1) this mostly cloudy morning, 73 (4.04) at bedtime last night.

There are only 4 houses on my road and the county doesn't plow it.  Heck they don't even claim it!  If the snow gets really bad my neighbor will plow up to the street.  He runs a business out of his house so his clients need to be able to get in.

skb

108 today.
For the past week, it has rained a lot here. For 2 nights there was lot of thundering in the nights, keeping us awake. For the past 12 hours there has been no rain, and it seems in the withdrawal phase.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

ate out last night, friend had a birthday bassh
so the result is a 122 today morning  :-[
and i thought that i ate very carefully

Tamagno

134 this morning.

I actually considered turning on the heat a little this morning, but September just seems too early for that. It's just cold enough to want to stay in today, but there's church this morning and dinner at Big Pharma friend's place tonight.

No doubt I'll perk up some after I've had more coffee...