You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  Looks like a cold front will be coming through starting tomorrow and temps will be dropping for 3-4 days.  A small chance of rain here and even a 40% chance of snow at higher altitudes, snow level supposed to be 6500'.  We are at 4500' so no snow here and I doubt we will see any rain but then who knows ?   ~tnk~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

121 here this morning.

We are expected to get rain later today or tomorrow.  But we need to get the lawn mowed first.  Grass has grown until it looks like a 'hay field' and a herd of cows could graze there.  Neighbors will be complaining soon ...... :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on September 30, 2016, 06:22:03 AM
126 this morning.

Doc called yesterday to tell me I've got esophageal cancer. Waiting to hear from the oncologist today...
John, I just can't 'like' this post . . . I hope the oncologist sheds more light on this and can take measures to stop it in its tracks. Just know our love and prayers are with you every day.  ~hug~

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on October 01, 2016, 10:36:24 AM
But we need to get the lawn mowed first.  Grass has grown until it looks like a 'hay field' and a herd of cows could graze there.  Neighbors will be complaining soon ...... :)
LOL! I only laugh because this has happened to us before. We weren't home at the time, but our pastor drove by & found our neighbor's cattle grazing in our front yard. The river had dropped so low that they waded across for a nice snack on our side.  ~hyt~

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on October 01, 2016, 01:11:51 PM
Quote from: Grammabear on October 01, 2016, 10:36:24 AM
But we need to get the lawn mowed first.  Grass has grown until it looks like a 'hay field' and a herd of cows could graze there.  Neighbors will be complaining soon ...... :)
LOL! I only laugh because this has happened to us before. We weren't home at the time, but our pastor drove by & found our neighbor's cattle grazing in our front yard. The river had dropped so low that they waded across for a nice snack on our side.  ~hyt~

We live in a rural area also and our house faces a field of about 100 acres where a herd of Holstein cows were pastured.  If the cows were still here, they would have a tasty meal in our yard complete with fallen apples and pears from our trees.  Sad to say mowing the lawn was on our menu today, but it wasn't on Mother Nature's menu because she sent rain at present.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night. Not sure where that came from.

Rained over night weather says only 20% chance for the weekend, but Monday may be wet if the prediction holds.

Tamagno, try real bone broth.  Not the canned stuff, but organic from the health food store or make your own.  It comes in frozen pouches.  Also blending up food could work too, add it to the bone broth and you have a soup.  Not overly appetizing but you can get your nutrition that way.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Any store bought nutrition supplements I have looked at are crazy carby!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on October 01, 2016, 04:07:28 PM
84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night. Not sure where that came from.

Rained over night weather says only 20% chance for the weekend, but Monday may be wet if the prediction holds.

Tamagno, try real bone broth.  Not the canned stuff, but organic from the health food store or make your own.  It comes in frozen pouches.  Also blending up food could work too, add it to the bone broth and you have a soup.  Not overly appetizing but you can get your nutrition that way.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Any store bought nutrition supplements I have looked at are crazy carby!

grammaB ~  Could you share how you make your bone broth?  In the Winter months, I like to make homemade soup, but have always bought the store version of broth - which is way too salty.  I am interested in making my own if it isn't too much trouble for you to post it somewhere on the forum.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Still hovering close to 130.
The rains have reappeared on this side of the planet.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Saw the 98 again today. yay  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

149 this morning.

Thanks, SKB and BigSkyGal; I'll try both (probably separately).

GrammaB, I can help with those cows - next time they're in my yard, I'll FedEx a couple...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

112 this morning.

We had excitement of the 'unwanted' variety because there was a drive-by shooting at a nearby Mall.  No one was injured, but the news of the incident was a bit too close for comfort.

Tamagno - That would be most interesting to see a FedEx truck pull into our drive and try to herd cows.  Bet the poor guy would have his hands full.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 (5.15) this morning.  Weather gurus were right and it has cooled down.  35° (1.67°C) this morning and a bit chilly to be out walking before sunrise.  It is supposed to start warming up in a couple of days.
I tried making bone broth and it was kind of successful but only kind of.  There are lots of recipes on the internet and most are the same, or similar.  I used beef bones and that may have been part of my problem.  I simmered the whole thing for two days and the bones never really broke down much.  After a day I broke the bones as much as I could to try to get to the marrow but they were still quite hard.  Next time I think I will try chicken bones and maybe have more success.  Still, it was good but it takes time.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this cool mostly cloudy morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

Pretty much what Wally said.  I save up bones from what I eat, keep beef and chicken separate.  Mixing the meat types muddles the flavor.  When I have a bag full I toss them in the crock pot cover them with water and bring to a boil.  Once boiling, I turn the heat to the lowest and let them simmer at least a day and a half, or 2. Occasionally I add more water if needed to keep the bones covered.  Sometimes I might toss a carrot and a celery stalk in but no salt or seasonings. 

You can also buy marrow bones but it is best to roast them first.  I did it once with bones that were cut about 2" long.  This makes a much fattier broth but it has all that lovely marrow in it.

When done, let cool, remove bones, and strain.  Some say you can reuse the bones, but I haven't done that.  I pour it into quart size mason jars and store in the refrigerator.  Depending on how fatty the bones are, as it cools a nice layer of fat will form on the top.  The broth will have a gelatin-like consistency (it re-liquifies on heating). I haven't frozen any home made broth yet, but the pouches I buy are frozen so I would think home made would freeze fine too.

When ready to use, I take the fat off and use it to cook with.  This is when I season it appropriate to what I am using it for.  If I'm just having a cup of broth, I'll often sprinkle some smoked paprika on it and/or some fresh ground pepper.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

The broth is a good idea. We use that a lot in our cooking.
BG was 99 today. More or less the same number  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

Still drizzling a bit here. I've never been to 1oC or near about. I can't tolerate the cold very well.
My BG was 93 today morning. 
Diabetic ?