You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

101 today morning. Tamagno, I could send you some weight as well, but we'd like to know what the Mrs is doing.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

102 this morning.

Well, it doesn't matter much to me as I can only swallow liquids/puréed food now. Everything gets thrown in the blender with stock and it tastes the same pretty much. As we all know, carbs = weight, so my meals have gone up to 25-30 carbs each.

I'm seeing the oncologist this afternoon who I'm sure will recommend beer...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 05, 2016, 06:14:40 AM
I'm seeing the oncologist this afternoon who I'm sure will recommend beer...

Cheers to that (if he does recommend).
Prior to meeting with the Oncologist, a little reading on the link below would help.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg_effect
Otto Warburg was given the Nobel in 1931 for this research.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this cool morning.  Should be warming up about 10° starting tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. 
@Tamagno, hope you get some good news from the oncologist. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

74 (4.1) this cloudy morning, 76 (4.21) at bedtime last night.

Temps in the low 50's daytime, low 30's at night.  It finally cleared enough today to see the tops of the surrounding mountains.  New snow all over.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Another 101 today. Tamagno, hoping for the best news from the oncologist's office. God Bless

Sweety

91 one this morning. My morning BG has dropped by about 6-10 points after I've started the zoomba class. Might give up on the walk in the park.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

127 this morning.

Interesting abstract, SKB. I'm going to have to run it through my "Big Pharma" friend for help as my technical education is sadly lacking.

It was a confidence-inspiring visit with the oncologist yesterday who is moving quickly thanks to the intervention of my GP.

Going for PET scan Monday and then unless the tumor has progressed to stage IV, it's nothing but chemo, radiation and surgery. No big deal, I'm sure.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

From that page.

QuoteBlood glucose levels
High glucose levels have been shown to accelerate cancer cell proliferation in vitro, while glucose deprivation has led to apoptosis. These findings have initiated further study of the effects of carbohydrate restriction on tumor growth. Clinical evidence shows that lower blood glucose levels in late-stage cancer patients have been correlated with better outcomes.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

108 (5.98) this morning.  Still waiting for it to warm up, 32° (0°C) this morning so not yet.
I have read other articles about the fact that lower blood sugar tends to starve cancer cells.  Not a cure, but apparently can help a lot. 
The East Coast from Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas is getting ready for a walloping by hurricane Mathew.  It should be hitting there tomorrow morning.  Hope anyone in the area stays safe.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Yup. The PET scan is nothing but an injection of FDG (Fluoro deoxy glucose) which is a radioactive form of glucose that gets sucked up by the cancerous cells & then can it be seen in the scanning machine.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

76 (4.21) this mostly cloudy morning, 75 (4.16) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

107 this morning.
The rains continue to play hide & seek here. We're in the midst of our festive season & rains are normally not a part of it.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

110 today.God knows where that came from. I tested an hour late from usual time. Could be it.

starsign

AJ keeps moving between 100-110 on most days.

Tamagno, hope every thing goes well with the scan and you come back with good news.  ~hi5~
Partner of a Diabetic T2