You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

131 this morning.

I gather moose are having something of a resurgence in New England. Golly, and everyone around here thought hitting deer was a hazard!

So, I'm trying having my breakfast (slice of toast - 14 carbs) cut up in my coffee. Not bad - a little like hot cereal. Still not soft enough to go down though. Next stop the blender...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

88 all thanks to zoomba.
Do y'all think it would be a good idea to drop the metformin now ?
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

77 this morning.  The weatherman predicted "frost" last night so I guess the Winter season is really coming.  I love the season between Fall and Winter mostly because the mosquitoes are moving on to a new home.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

110 (6.09) this morning.  We have a cold front coming and starting tomorrow it is supposed to be cooler and windy every day.  Slight chance of rain, 20%, but mostly any rain will be further North.
@Tamagno, yes, hitting a deer would be bad enough and we have them around here but a Moose !  My little Honda Civic would not survive that !
@Sweety, I would not be in a hurry to drop Metformin right now.  Some drugs to lower BG cause the pancreas to push out more insulin whether it is needed or not.  This can cause a problem by sending someone too low so when I started LCHF I had to stop the Glipizide I was taking to prevent hypos but Metformin does not do that.  It is used to improve insulin resistance and normally it will not cause one to go too low.  If you are stable at lower numbers after a while you may try to stop Metformin if you want but I would give it some time. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

comedian

4.3 (78) yesterday and again today. Boring.
Diagnosed with T2 in 2011. Latest HbA1c 31mmol/mol (5%)

bigskygal

78 (4.32) again this cold cloudy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

I missed posting yesterday fasting was 75 (4.16), bedtime the day before was 85 (4.71).

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Sweety? I agree with Wally about your metformin, and for the same reasons he states.

rocky

112 today. Still reeling from the weekend partying  :(
Sweety, I would echo the thoughts of the others with the medication. Hang on for some more time.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: rocky on October 13, 2016, 10:41:47 PM
Still reeling from the weekend partying  :(

Me too rocky. Still at 125 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

OK. So I continue with the metformin till I see the lower numbers consistently.
I checked in a little early today morning and I was at 86.
Diabetic ?

starsign

Aj was back to 106 again after recording a 101 yesterday. Thought we'd see the double digits, but century it was to be.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Comedian, perhaps there's virtue in "boring"?

I don't know, SKB, I begin to suspect you of being a "party animal" over there...

Good news from the oncologist yesterday; my esophageal cancer has not metastasized! Now, I just have to have a stomach tube installed for eating, have 5-6 weeks of chemo/radiation and then surgery to remove my wrecked esophagus.

Not bad at all! Added benefit to the esophagectomy is it's much like having your stomach stapled - been looking to drop some weight from my hopelessly chubby 140 lbs...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

First of all, congratulations on the good news. I always thought that the surgery comes first, followed by chemo/radiation on a need basis.

As far as parties go, I've to attend another one tomorrow. Every time I resolve to be good, and every time I say, Next time. Since you think 140 lbs to be chubby, I should stop talking about my weight and/or BMI.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

179 this morning.  I realized I had not changed my infusion set on schedule, so the cannula tip evidently began to close - hence the high blood glucose number.

skb - I've heard some people that attend gatherings or parties have a bite to eat at home.  Then when they are offered party foods, they can honestly say "I will take only a small amount of that delectable food."

Tamagno - So very glad the news you received was as good as it could be.  Will be thinking of you as you have treatment.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Well, it's below 100 so that is good.   :)
Starting tomorrow it is going to be about 10° cooler and WINDY through Monday with a slight chance of rain but if we get any it will probably only be a little bit.  Three storms lined up and coming down from Alaska but most of the rainfall will be North of here. 
@Tamagno, good news although it probably won't be pleasant going through treatment there is a light at the end ! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"