You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starsign

I'm sorry I'm not reporting everyday but AJ is doing pretty well. For 2 days he has posted sub 100 numbers 96 and 98 respectively.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this partly cloudy morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

110 this morning. Had a couple of tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar at bedtime last night. I think it helped.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on October 22, 2016, 10:13:10 PM
110 this morning. Had a couple of tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar at bedtime last night. I think it helped.

Does that help ? I will try some tonight.
I was at 104 today morning.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

210 this morning.

Inevitably, I suppose, the apple cider vinegar supplement is a good plan that somehow reminds me of the many similar ideas we're all familiar with. In the end, if it helps, great!

I pulled out my copy of the original Merck Manual (perhaps Big Pharma's earliest treatment effort) published in 1899. Following is a partial list of substances in their formulary for diabetes therapy:

- Gallic acid with opium
- Almond bread
- Belladonna
- Codeine
- Creosote
- Ether
- Purgatives
- Transfusion
- Uranium

Just a bit more extreme than, you know, the ADA diet, etc. but it was what your doctor looked at in Victorian England, for example, and doubtless about as effective as whatever treatment we're likely to get in a modern hospital.

I'll try it later today if I can locate the ingredients...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

102 this morning after a low of 65 last night.

Weather is definitely heading into the Winter season.  Trees are starting to lose their leaves and it is getting close to having a frost.  Good weather for sleeping under a down blanket.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

70 (3.88) this fine Fall morning, 75 (4.16) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

patdart

I woke to an 89 this morning.  It's been under 100 all week. Fasting, that is..

rocky

Dinner with mum can not be complete without rice and some extra goodies. Consequently 114 today  ???
My life is based on a true story.

Sweety

87  today morning. Have been seeing consistent numbers.
Diabetic ?

starsign

Hi,
We've been pretty strict with food and seeing the benefits of it. AJ continues his good numbers between 95 - 99.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

151 this morning.

Leaving early to meet with the anesthesiologist in preparation for tomorrow's little surgical procedure and then back here for the radiologist.

In between, I'll stop home, put a new receiver in my CGM and water Sam.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post while I'm in hospital, otherwise I'll wish all you fine friends good health and return in a few days!

Oh yes, I found a little 19th century book on treating type 1 diabetes that recommends a diet consisting solely of heavily boiled green beans, coffee and whiskey. Sounds good to me so I'll demand it up at the hospital and let you know how it works...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 24, 2016, 06:45:42 AM
Hopefully, I'll be able to post while I'm in hospital, otherwise I'll wish all you fine friends good health and return in a few days!

Best Wishes John. Hope the nursing staff is good and motivating. Yes, carry the MerckManual. As long as you don't ask for the Uranium, things should not be so bad.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

120 for me this morning.  I think that for me I'm going to have to give up having nuts for a snack.  Every time I eat them, even though I weigh them out, my fasting blood sugar is always higher the next morning.  :(

John - You could always bring your own supply of whiskey - but I would watch it closely so doctors or interns don't slip into your room for a nip or two.  Good Luck today.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Love & prayers, John. My Irish genes say the coffee/whiskey is mandatory, and as for those green beans, dice up a slab of salt pork in it!