You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this fine Fall morning, 76 (4.21) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on November 06, 2016, 04:47:28 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 06, 2016, 10:28:59 AM
@Tamagno, yeah, it is really quite amazing how something like calcium being too high can throw everything out of whack.  I won't start taking a supplement without having tests to show I need it.  That was not the cause of this episode, yet to be determined, but still it shows that just adding a supplement because you think it may be a good thing probably isn't a good thing.

That is quite right Wally. I'm just curious to know, if any systemic alkaliser was / is prescribed to you ? It would say so on the bottle and would be a "citrate" normally.

The problem with Vit D is, that almost the entire human population is low, as per the normals that have been set, and that seems to be the problem IMO

I don't think so.  The interesting thing is that after the treatment in the hospital the last few days my levels were and are lower than normal so I have been on supplements to bring the levels up. 
Right now I am taking per the doctor, Vitamin D3 1000iu 5/day, Calcium Lactate 650mg tablet, and potassium phosphate - sodium phosphate oral powder mixed in water.
These were prescribed by the attending doctor in the hospital and OK by py primary doctor.  She is keeping an eye on my levels and I am going back to see her tomorrow for more blood work.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

124 today morning. Should be able to slide in my range in the next couple of days.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Shanny on November 05, 2016, 06:27:26 AM
I hope not too!

Sadly yes. I came down with the flu & cold. 119 today.  ~cof~
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Sorry to hear that rocky. Get well soon.
Aj was at 127 today. Thankfully it is not the 140s. That was scary.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Tamagno

180 this morning.

Grammabear, Dexcom and I are "friends" again, but it's been rough. It looks like my latest arch nemesis is my insurance company.

For whatever reason, however, I seem to be tired frequently and am getting a lot of rest between my many customer service calls.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

107 (5.93) this morning.  A bit higher than my usual but not horrible.  Getting used to the time change but "falling back" is easier to deal with than "spring forward" so it's not that bad.  Off in a bit to see my Primary and more testing. 
@SKB, I have been working with my phone and I think I will be able to use it to post.  The IPhone has speech to text also and that might be worth trying out.  The biggest problem I had was not being familiar with the phone and how to use it.  For years I just had a flip phone and never used it for anything but, well, making calls.  I finally bit the bullet and got the IPhone only about 4 months ago and it is all a new learning experience.  I also had no passwords so I couldn't log in to anything, I didn't even have my contacts in the phone.  Working to get the thing up to date for future use.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Tamagno - Dexcom and I are also 'friends' for now at least.  However the tslim was NOT nice to me last night.  Got an onscreen message that said "pump has malfunctioned, call customer service immediately"!!  I was lucky in that the pump accepted a 'reset' and started delivering insulin again.  I was already headed for the 250 mark.

Wally - I also just got an iphone a few months ago and it definitely is a learning curve.  It sounds like you are way ahead of me in that learning process.  Good luck to you and hope you continue in your recovery process.

Also too much excitement in our neighborhood last night - a break-in and the people were home during the break-in.  Thieves got away with a bunch of stuff.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this blue sky morning.  Forgot to take bedtime reading.

Hope you feel better soon Rocky.

Yikes Grammabear, that sounds pretty scary!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 07, 2016, 09:53:47 AM
@SKB, I have been working with my phone and I think I will be able to use it to post.  The IPhone has speech to text also and that might be worth trying out.  The biggest problem I had was not being familiar with the phone and how to use it.  For years I just had a flip phone and never used it for anything but, well, making calls.  I finally bit the bullet and got the IPhone only about 4 months ago and it is all a new learning experience.  I also had no passwords so I couldn't log in to anything, I didn't even have my contacts in the phone.  Working to get the thing up to date for future use.

The phones keep getting "smarter" every few weeks if not days. It is difficult to keep up with their features. I wonder if anyone knows how to use a smartphone, a 100%. Learning will keep you occupied & that is a good thing.

I've hit a 134 today, thanks to some potatoes on the side, for dinner.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

121 today morning. Still  ~cof~
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

155 this morning.

Grammabear, that all sounds like entirely too much excitement out there. I'm glad your T-Slim decided to cooperate.

Getting to know a smart phone can be lots of fun! I don't use one on account of there's no cell service in my area, but you can do so much.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

My cell phone decided it wants a holiday.  It tried telling me that there is no SIM card, but I saw the lady at the store remove card and re-insert card.  Still says there isn't one.  I guess this means another trip back to the store.....not good for my blood sugar as I'm getting rather annoyed!!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 (5.37) this morning.  Weather looks to be mild and quite nice for a few days anyway.  We reached 72° (27.2°C) yesterday and probably a bit warmer today. 
I don't have cell service at my house either so that is one reason I haven't used it for anything but calling when away from home.  I am connected to wifi though and can send and receive texts and I can call over wifi but because I am on a Satellite internet connection the quality is quite poor.  Still, it works in a pinch.  There is so much the phone is capable that it is a challenge to learn it all, but also kind of fun. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Wally - how long have you had your phone?  Mine has been a challenge since day #1.  I bought it in June 2016 and there isn't a day gone by that it hasn't presented me with one challenge or another.  It makes good phone calls and text messages, but this business of saying there is no SIM card is wearing me down.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021