You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

71 (3.93) this cold morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

There was some sun this morning, but it has been cloudy ever since.  Temp never got above 20°F (-6.66°C) today.  Supposed to go to 9°F (-12.77) tonight.

John, thanks for checking in, we do worry when we don't hear from you.

I didn't go up to town today for blood work, so will have to go tomorrow.  I'm hoping I can get them to do the x-ray tomorrow too so I don't have to get up so early Friday.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 06, 2016, 01:50:33 PM
I'll post as I can. Hoping you all are well!

Keep posting John. It's great to hear from you. And I'm sure you'll be out of all this pretty soon.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

78 (4.32) this morning.  Clear and sunny this morning but cool at 21° (-5.6°C).  We have a slight chance of rain starting tomorrow and through the weekend but only at 20% so not expecting anything.
I have an appointment with my Gastroenterologist this afternoon so I will find out the results from the camera I swallowed.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

100 this morning.  New A1C is 6.0% down from 6.4% last time.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

This is splendid, KK! With that A1c, none of your docs better give you any crap about anything else!  ~hug~

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on December 07, 2016, 12:09:48 PM
This is splendid, KK! With that A1c, none of your docs better give you any crap about anything else!  ~hug~

Thanks Shanny.  I shall find out next week what the docs think of it as I see the GP on Wednesday and the CDE on Friday.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this cold morning, 77 (4.27) at bedtime last night.

Did the blood work today and ran a bunch of errands while I was in town.  It was 14°F (-10°C) and threatening to snow. Tonight is supposed to be -6°F (-21.11°C). They wouldn't do the x-ray today so Friday is going to be a long day away too.

By the time I got home my new A1c was already posted online. 5.1%. Not thrilled, but not unexpected given what I ate during the weekend of my DD's wedding 2 weeks ago.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on December 07, 2016, 11:30:15 AM
New A1C is 6.0% down from 6.4% last time.

Quote from: bigskygal on December 07, 2016, 09:41:30 PM

By the time I got home my new A1c was already posted online. 5.1%. Not thrilled, but not unexpected given what I ate during the weekend of my DD's wedding 2 weeks ago.

Congratulations both of you. I don't want to fathom a guess what mine would be if I tested now.
But I had a good fasting number of 112 today morning.

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on December 07, 2016, 09:41:30 PM
It was 14°F (-10°C) and threatening to snow. Tonight is supposed to be -6°F (-21.11°C). They wouldn't do the x-ray today so Friday is going to be a long day away too.
We made a speed run to town today because of the weather forecast . . . lowest temps so far this year (16° tonight, 10° tomorrow night), and 50% chance of snow. Grabbed a bite at a new restaurant in town (always best to eat before we shop for groceries!  :) ) and while we ate, the snow began . . . thick and fast . . . beautiful large glistening flakes. Our car was covered by the time we finished eating.

The stop at the grocery was hastened along by the knowledge that we still had to get 13 miles back home in the dark with this heavy snowfall. But we were fine - laid in a good stock of meats that were on sale & poor BH had to make two trips from the car to the house, since I'm literally useless for carrying anything but the lightest-weight sacks. But we are now set for whatever Mother Nature has in mind for the rest of the week, and then came the best part: Lighting the first fire of the year which we had laid before we left! We've had this stove for 26 years, and each winter we're astonished all over again with the incredible efficiency it brings to heating this drafty old house.

Tamagno

145 this morning.

Went for chemo yesterday but platelets were very low so they cancelled it. Thus marks the end of chemo. Four more radiation treatments and that's done.

So, a quiet few days around here and then more stuff next week.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

93 this morning.  Don't you just love the speedy food runs because of the anticipated weather Shanny?  I like being on the inside of my nice warm house looking out at the beautiful snowflakes.  The older I get the more I like being home and not driving in the white stuff.

Thanks for the kuddos on my A1C.  I, too, had hoped for a better number but 6% is the second best I've ever had and I can always keep trying for the '5' club.  If the CDE tells me next week that the ADA recommends that number to be 7% I'm going to "pop my cork".
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  Rain to the North of here for the next 5 days and we may get a little bit of it but for the most part it won't come down this far, still we could get some.  It is cloudy right now so temps are a bit warmer.
Appointment with the Gastroenterologist was OK, didn't get to see the "movie" of the camera going through my gut but it showed that all is good with no problems at all so that is good.  So far with all of the tests and scans we have eliminated most of the things thought to be the cause for my Hypercalcemia but I see the Endocrinologist next week so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.  Did blood work yesterday for him and doing a 24 hour urine collection today.
@Grammabear, good work, nothing wrong with a 6.0 at all.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

69 (3.82) this cold morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

Fell twice last night, pretty bruised up. At least didn't hit my head this time.  Almost landed in the kitty litter box... :(

Big storm is supposedly coming in late tonight through tomorrow morning. Just hope it holds off until I get through my dr appointments tomorrow.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on December 08, 2016, 10:36:44 AM
Appointment with the Gastroenterologist was OK, didn't get to see the "movie" of the camera going through my gut but it showed that all is good with no problems at all so that is good.  So far with all of the tests and scans we have eliminated most of the things thought to be the cause for my Hypercalcemia but I see the Endocrinologist next week so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.  Did blood work yesterday for him and doing a 24 hour urine collection today.

Have they ruled out Vit D supplementation as probable cause. It is one of the usual suspects.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Hi folks,
93 today.
Glad to hear from all of you.
Bigskygal, hope no serious injures.
Nice A1c numbers all around.
Wally, thought you'd get 'some inside news'.
Tamagno, happy that one part is over.
My life is based on a true story.