You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 17, 2016, 04:09:53 PM
It will only let me post one photo.

Barbara, you can attach 4 images / files, provided that total size < 192 kb with max individual file size being 128 Kb.
To attach multiple files, click on the "more attachments" link below the Choose File attachment button.
My morning number was 106 today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Those are some serious icicles!  ;) 

So sorry about your water pump . . . BH managed to get the heater in place on ours at the very last minute today; all faucets now dripping, and all that's left is bringing in several bags of logs to get through the night. 17° now - headed for 2° tonight & 1° tomorrow night. We'll see just how close that forecast comes!  ::)

rocky

All those out there in the snow, take care and keep warm
@ccd - yes mum's cooking doesn't agree with LCHF, but it's mum, so mum's the word.

93 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  Well, our high temp was 39° (3.9°C) yesterday and we are at another 20° (-6.7°C) this morning and after seeing BigSkyGal's post that is actually balmy in comparison.   :D   We have three wood stoves active and they are welcome.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Nothing keeps you warm like a woodstove!   

Grammabear

85 this morning.  I surely do wish it was the temperature however.  The forecast for tonight is -18 deg F and it is currently -2 deg F. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Now that is  COLD !

[attachment deleted by admin]
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Thanks Shanny, the icon helped me understand what you were talking about. These are foreign objects for us.
My BG is at 118 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Late to post. 71 (3.93) this cold still waterless morning, 78 (4.32) at bedtime last night.

Called the pump man again today and still no reply from him.  Starting to get annoyed.  Will have to make a grocery store run for more jugs of water tomorrow.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@Wally, I loved that emoticon.

I went out to dinner with friends last night and I'm sorry to say that I succumbed to desire. Had an ice cream sundae and as a result my meter is angry. It showed a 118 this morning.  :-[
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: skb on December 18, 2016, 09:35:31 PM

Thanks Shanny, the icon helped me understand what you were talking about. These are foreign objects for us.
My BG is at 118 today morning.
This is what our stove really looks like, right down to sitting in the corner of the living room and the brick firewall. It's an old model Blaze King, and most people don't need a monster like this one, but we couldn't live here without it. It tolds a ton of wood and will burn at least 24 hours on a full load.

Plus! If we lose power, we can even cook on it, since the top is flat! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  It's warmer this morning at 34° (1.11°C) which was a surprise.  Maybe a bit warmer for the next few days.  Local weather guy is saying a 20% chance of rain/snow Saturday, Christmas Eve, so hey, there is a small chance of a white Christmas. 
Yeah SKB, when I lived in Southern California we never heard of wood stoves either.  It wasn't until I moved up here in the Mountains.  Heating is by wood stove or Propane and the cost of Propane was a big factor in making wood more attractive.  Right now the cost of propane has come down a lot nd the cost of wood has climbed so it's a toss up.  We thinned out a lot of trees on our property so have quite a bit of wood to burn.  Areas in more populated areas have restrictions on using wood stoves and in some areas it is not allowed period. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Shanny

We do the same, Wally. We have 20 acres of timber & for years BH harvested it himself, cured it the way he wanted it (which takes a long time - splitting/stacking/curing for a year), and it cost us nothing except his sweat, which he loved providing. Gardening & woodcutting - those were his first loves (well, excepting the cook, of course  `8) ). We don't have propane, so it's this or electric.

Now that we're old & he had a heart attack, we have to buy it, but we have trusted providers. They may not cure it as well as he likes, but he can always buy it a year ahead & keep it for a year before burning!  ;) I s'pose we spend $250/$300 a year on it, which isn't much. 

walkerwally1

Well, if we buy wood here it usually runs around $250/cord and we can easily go through 4 cords in a winter.  In addition we have had $1200 propane bills over the winter in the past so heating cost is a major factor. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Shanny

I grumped because our electric bill was $300 this month . . . I think I'd better shut my trap!