You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

100 this morning.
I love the Chart software.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

119 today morning :(

Took my 1 year old rescue dog to the vet yesterday to get her blood work done before setting a spaying date. Got to know that she is atleast 6!

was so upset the entire day. My dog that passed away last month was 7 and i thought it would be much more years before i would be worried about her aging and passing :(

skb

Paulomi,
I don't think you should be too concerned about the dog's age. They normally live to 11-12 years of age. I've had several dogs cross that limit. One tip though, LCHF works wonderfully for dogs as well.

Rocky, We're happy that you are happy. An apt adage comes to mind; "Use it or lose it". So Use it all you like. We're happy to be of help.

Irrespective of the BG Tracker, this thread will continue to be the most popular one. As we talk of many interesting things other than fasting numbers here. BUT, this particular thread will get locked on 31st Dec 2016 and a new thread will be opened up in it's place. We'll do our 2017 chit-chat in the new thread.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

((((Paulomi))))  There's just no way to be prepared for losing a beloved pet. Our Gabby died in 1998 of kidney failure - he was a 15yo shepherd/husky mix. We were devastated, and couldn't even imagine getting another dog yet. Well, guess what? A loud-mouthed cat showed up on our porch about 1½ years later - starving and dirty - and that was Waylon, who has now owned us for 17½ years. But he's been diagnosed with kidney failure, so we may have a few years or a few months, but I'll never be ready for losing him. He isn't the loud-mouth he used to be, but he's still a talker . . . just talks in little chirps & mewls instead of top-of-his-lungs yowls!  ;D

It's so hard to lose them, but not having them at all would be worse.  :'(

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on December 21, 2016, 11:47:23 PM
119 today morning :(

Took my 1 year old rescue dog to the vet yesterday to get her blood work done before setting a spaying date. Got to know that she is atleast 6!

was so upset the entire day. My dog that passed away last month was 7 and i thought it would be much more years before i would be worried about her aging and passing :(

Tamagno

251 this morning.

Out last week on account of a stay in hospital (low blood platelets and a messed up feeding tube).

I think that stuff is now fixed, so I'm just trying to gain some strength. Surgery, I think is in February sometime.

It's cold up here but the oncologist doesn't want me to burn wood so I'm using good old oil.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 (5.6) this morning.  We got some rain yesterday, not much, 0.02 inch, but it got the concrete wet.  Still looks good, 100% now, for rain starting tomorrow and just maybe a bit of snow Saturday.
@Tamagno, I figured you were dealing with something like that.  Hope you are doing better.
@SKB, I am giving the BG Tracker a try out so will see how it goes.  I am using the Blue Piece theme and no problems here. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

170 (9.4) this morning due to a kinked cannula in the infusion set for my pump.  Have replaced it and we shall see what happens next.

@Tamagno ~ I'm glad you are at home now and hopefully gaining
strength.  We do miss you here.

@skb ~ the BG tracker will be interesting, will it continue into the new year or will it stop and start a new record at the beginning of 2017?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on December 22, 2016, 11:01:53 AM
@skb ~ the BG tracker will be interesting, will it continue into the new year or will it stop and start a new record at the beginning of 2017?

Yes iBG Tracker will continue for all times to come. We may purge data after a year, if it overloads the database. You are free to load your old readings as well & see the chart in retrospective effect.
We're thinking of closing this thread & starting a new one.

@John, so glad to hear from you.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

105 today morning. Woke up a bit late today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

starsign

@tamagno, hope you feel better day by day. I have logged in after nearly a month.
Hope everyone is doing fine & getting ready to celebrate Christmas & the New Year.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to check today morning :(

Kids are all dressed for Christmas celebration at school. (attached pic).

They have a cake decoration today and some dance party after which Santa Claus will come and distribute sweets.

Don't fall for their looks- they can be a handful! And their screams could bring a village down!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Carbcrazydog

Tamagno- so happy to see you back! Hope you recover soon and God bless.

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on December 23, 2016, 12:37:02 AM
Kids are all dressed for Christmas celebration at school.
They are beautiful, Paulomi and kids that age are always a handful. Parents just have to be parents, and make sure everybody understands that. When mine got too loud, I used to ask them if they wanted me to raise MY voice! My raised voice is more of a bellow ( ), so usually nobody wanted me to raise my voice and they would dial it down.

Carbcrazydog

Shanny- Can you relocate and stay with us for the next 20 years?  ~fng~

skb

Paulomi,
They do look a handful. Your daughter looks like a copy of you.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club