You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

122 last night at bedtime and 92 this morning.  Our youngest son made homemade hot chocolate from scratch and I enjoyed 1 cup of it.  So good to have a treat now and then.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this cold breezy morning, 80 (4.43) at bedtime last night. I slept in a little late too skb!!

Random snow showers throughout the day.  Last night when I went to bed it was 1°F (-17.22°C). High today was 31°F (-0.55°C) but with the wind chill, it felt much lower.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

127 today morning. Glycogen is a very difficult thing to shake off, once it's gotten into you.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Hello,

I was 100 yesterday & 104 today. things have improved, but not by much. Hope to have a better year 2017 ahead.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

206 this morning.

Well, not so quiet today with two oncology visits. Not expecting anything bad, just checking platelets and white cells.

Starting to cut back pain meds today so I can drive again. Should have a reasonable month or so before surgery. Doing pretty good!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

Forgot to test as i was rushing for my son's school admissions.

My son (now 4) is so much like me that i cannot stop worrying sometimes. I was an introvert when i was growing up, with constant pressure to be gregarious and extrovert. Today my son refused to answer the questions because he is shy in front of new people (especially women) and just kept on looking for me. I know how bright he is and I mentioned to the school principal when we were interacting that he takes time to open up and that is the way he is. My daughter will befriend the first stranger that crosses her way. I worry about the pressure he will feel when he will be compared to my daughter. I told the principal that i want a school that will give him opportunities and avenues to grow, and also make him feel comfortable with his own pace.

Maybe i will always worry about him. Because i know how it feels.

We will know whether we have got the admission by Friday. I am nervous because 1) i wonder if i am choosing the right school 2) wary about facing the first rejection if they say 'no'

Shanny

My kids are very different too, but I taught them that 'different' is a good thing, and they should just be themselves. One of them - at a pretty young age - asked to have a place of his own where others couldn't get at him, so he & I found a large cardboard box & 'hid' it in the laundry room (among other cardboard boxes which actually held stuff for storage) and nobody else knew it was an empty box for him to hide out in. I have no idea if he used it or how often or anything else - it was there if he needed it.

Here is a link to more information on being introverted, and how it is not a bad thing. http://www.cbc.ca/radio/candy/the-candy-palmater-show-for-july-6-2016-1.3666806/the-joy-of-missing-out-how-one-woman-embraced-her-introversion-and-teaches-others-to-do-the-same-1.3666874  Keep in mind that your son is not wrong - he's just different from a lot of more outgoing people, and then help him embrace that difference.

Carbcrazydog

Shanny- Did i tell you that i love you?  ~luvu~

walkerwally1

97 (5.4) this morning.  Looks like we have at least a couple of storm systems heading this way.  First to be here Friday with rain and even maybe some snow but it looks like it will be warmer so snow is iffy.  That's OK anything wet is welcome. 
@Tamagno,   ~tup~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this cold clear morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

Had to go out to mail my Christmas boxes to kids and grands.  Yes, I am "that" grandma that is always late... Ran errands and did some grocery shopping.  As a result am totally exhausted!!

May have some new snow tomorrow night and Friday. I'm OK with that as I stocked up today for any eventuality.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Paulomi,

I have a boy & a girl (elder) who were born 6 years apart. I think, by nature, boys are a bit shy & introverted in their growing years. I've seen it in most cases, my own, included. I don't think you need to worry or do anything about it. Just allow nature to take its own course.

I'm sure the school in its experience & wisdom is aware of all this. They should take a balanced decision.
~2cnt~

126 this morning. Yesterday was another wedding dinner.
~ins~
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

starsign

AJ was at 102 fasting today morning. Tracker updated.
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

113 today morning.

We heard back from the school and they have told us that he cleared and we can pay the fees. We still have our concerns (or is it fears?) but in the next few days will have to take a call.

SKB- Thanks for saying that! I feel so protective about him as i am scared of any insecurities manifesting early on in life. Given that my daughter is a social butterfly, I worry more. But i have seen changes in the past few years and i also believe it is just a matter of time.

He is a bright and disciplined kid. I hope to say the same about my daughter when she is this age. Right now she just is in a phase where she dedicates all her energy in trying to figure out what irritates me the most :)

Tamagno

257 this morning.

Carbcrazy, I don't recall a child ever having been passed over for admission at my school because of shyness. I think your boy will be fine.

Everything around here is fine. At long last a day home alone!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.  We have houseguests and sometimes it is quite difficult to prepare meals that please everyone.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."