You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2016

Started by skb, March 04, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

72 (3.99) Low for me but I am not going to retest because I like it !   :D
Storm system tomorrow is from the South so warmer and probably no snow but rain.  Saturday another storm system from the North and it will be colder so maybe a chance of snow.  It's all good, rain or snow, so welcome.  Hope this continues after the first of the year into Spring.  It would put a big dent in the drought.  Last year we got snow on Christmas and after that nothing, not even a drop of rain, so we are ahead of that.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this partly cloudy morning, 81 (4.49) at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Hello all you guys at DP,

How are you doing ?
Yesterday I was at 100 and today at 94. Both fasting.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

starsign

Quote from: Grammabear on December 29, 2016, 08:40:03 AM
We have houseguests and sometimes it is quite difficult to prepare meals that please everyone.

Very true. We have the same difficulty when people come visiting.

AJ recorded at 106. We're headed into the hills close by to Mumbai for the NYE weekend. Take care, all. Be good & enjoy.  ;D
Partner of a Diabetic T2

Carbcrazydog

Could not test today. Kids had to be at school early for a planned zoo trip.

So many kids together to be handled at the zoo! I wonder how much money would make me choose THAT kind of job!  :P

Looking forward to pick them and up and listen to all those stories! The elder one was so excited that was up at 6 AM so that he doesnt get late! :)

Tamagno

206 this morning.

Well, my plan was to switch from Omnipod to T-Slim in December, but it didn't work out with everything else going on. I'm disappointed, but figure I ought to have another chance somewhere down the line.

Still cold here, but so far, not much snow. Hoping it stays that way!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

82 this morning.  Houseguests have returned home and our home is now 'too' quiet.  Grandson has an endoscope procedure scheduled for this morning.  A year ago he was in ICU with stomach problems and has since recovered, but Pediatrician is keeping a close watch on him.

Why is it that youngsters and some adults, have a love for macaroni and cheese?  Grandson consumes this food like he was indeed starving.  It is good to watch him eat with gusto after last year at this time.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this balmy partly cloudy morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

It got all the way up to 40°F (4.44°C) but temp has begun to drop slowly. The icicles are melting down, but they will probably refreeze overnight.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on December 30, 2016, 07:32:23 AM
206 this morning.

Well, my plan was to switch from Omnipod to T-Slim in December, but it didn't work out with everything else going on. I'm disappointed, but figure I ought to have another chance somewhere down the line.

Still cold here, but so far, not much snow. Hoping it stays that way!

Maybe there was a reason for things not to work out for the tslim.  They just came out with a new model and there are a few 'bugs' to be worked out.  Give it some time and let the other people deal with the pump problems with this new model.  Then when the bugs are fixed, think about switching then....... :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

We're also out with a couple of friends for the year end. So haven't checked. My year end resolution is to maintain nutritional ketosis as much as possible.

Paulomi, I'm happy that your son is opening up. Surely he'll make friends at school outings.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

103 today morning. My pancreas is being kind. My mom is leaving tomorrow so it will be easier to follow a carb restricted diet.

GrammaB- My kids love mac and cheese so much too! The only thing that beats it for my son is egg fried rice. Nothing fancy- Just eggs scrambled with rice.

SKB- Thanks. I guess i am worrier. My gynec told me that i was the only person rushing into labor with my second child while worrying about what my son would have taken in his tiffin. :)

I see so many people complaining what is the big deal about new year and there is nothing new it will bring and same routines and broken resolutions and insecurities will be carried forward. I wish they would look around and see 3 year old battling cancer. Gratitude is so rare.

Tamagno

125 this morning.

Of course, you're right, Grammabear! Hadn't even thought of it, I confess.

I think the deal with macaroni and cheese is that it's easy to eat, savory and with a hint of sweetness.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this beautiful, sunny morning.  We have not seen the sun in about a week.  It does brighten ones day.

Normally we don't have macaroni and cheese except when grandson comes to visit.  He has sensory perception autism and so there are foods that he prefers over other foods.  He doesn't care for sweets but definitely loves his macaroni and cheese.  Since he at least tries what is served to him as far as vegetables, we are more than happy to oblige his love for macaroni and cheese.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Well, in hospital, tripped on the 29th and broke my hip ! Surgery yesterday, hope to recover soon and get home !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Wally!!! That's awful!

I know you'll be a good patient & do your rehab conscientiously . . . that's the big thing. My BH got back to felling trees & cutting our firewood after his hip replacement . . . his hip is still going strong. Unfortunately, he had a heart attack three years later & that took him out of chopping up trees.  ???