You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Misdiagnosis of T1s

Started by skb, May 01, 2019, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

QuoteMore than a third of people over the age of 30 who are initially diagnosed with type 2 diabetes actually have type 1, meaning they are not receiving the right treatment, new research has revealed.

News Article
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

There are people who should be reading this article but will never see it because they have a closed mind.  The GP who diagnosed me told me that because I was considered obese, I had to be Type 2 and prescribed tablets for me.  When tablets did not work and I continued to lose weight, he accused me of not taking my tablets as instructed.  I sought the advice of a Endocrinologist who ran the proper tests and they revealed I was Type 1.  Endocrinologist prescribed insulin and my blood sugar numbers responded favorably.  When I returned to the GP for an unrelated problem, he basically told me to never return because I sought the advice of another doctor regarding my diabetes.  I was happy to leave his office!!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on May 08, 2019, 04:16:16 PMWhen I returned to the GP for an unrelated problem, he basically told me to never return because I sought the advice of another doctor regarding my diabetes.  I was happy to leave his office!!

Shameful, and good riddance.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH