You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

119 today morning.

Yesterday I had some banana chips which I think had a slight sugary taste. Might be they were coated. I was expecting the number to be higher because I couldn't workout in the evening session as I was out for a couple of meetings.

@tamagno, hope you have a smooth sailing with the drive and the Dr visits.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

116 this morning.

skb - Just a question out of curiosity - how much would exercise have affected your bg reading if you had been able to do it?  Sometimes exercise lowers my number and other times it elevates the number.  I never seem to know which direction it will go.

We are having the "muggies" return this week after a weekend of very pleasant weather.  Good day to stay inside in the A/C.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  It's going to be a bit cooler with highs around 101-102° for the next few days.  So far the Summer has been pretty mild for here.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Posting late today as I've already been to one doctor this morning (another this afternoon). Catheter's out, though, which is a great relief.

Still be busy this week with PT, etc. and more doctors, but I'm definitely on the mend, thankfully.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

bigskygal

107 this mostly sunny morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 89°/60°. I'm hoping the clouds stick around and keep it cooler.

Grammabear, I just noticed I have 4 flowers coming up on my day lilies! The greenery has grown up but I was pleasantly surprised to see flowers.

Glad to hear you are feeling on the mend Tamagno.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on July 22, 2020, 03:02:04 PM107 this mostly sunny morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 89°/60°. I'm hoping the clouds stick around and keep it cooler.

Grammabear, I just noticed I have 4 flowers coming up on my day lilies! The greenery has grown up but I was pleasantly surprised to see flowers.

Glad to hear you are feeling on the mend Tamagno.

Barbara - I am pleased to hear you have flowers on your day lilies.  Ours have leaves, but so far no flowers.  Very slow this year.  I have a beautiful light pink one that I have been babying along since last year.  Hoping it blooms this year.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

I should have said buds! Not flowers yet, and mine are slow this year too...of course the mowing didn't help.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

120 this morning.

Kathy, In my case I find that the BG lowering benefits of exercise last for around 24 hours at the least. My morning number would depend upon the glycogen status of my liver. If I'm working out with a full(er) liver then I will see the morning BG number higher than the per-dinner. If I'm working out with an empty system the numbers are practically the same. Similarly the number immediately after exercise will go up if there is glycogen to be spilled out and will go down if you reserves are depleted.

Tamagno, Keep giving us better news each day. Thanks.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

172 this morning.

Better still this morning. I think this may end up quicker even than I'd hoped; I'm close to being able to get out of bed on my own without falling on the floor...

Over the years, my wife must have planted thousand of flowers around here, plus any number of shrubs and trees. For one reason or another, these have often died but have a habit of returning as "volunteers." Cherry tomatoes are prone to that, plus this year some beautiful true blue dahlias my wife had a few years back, and an orange tree of all things.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

128 this morning.

DH planted wildflower seeds this year for the first time.  We have most always planted plants from the greenhouse.  This year we did a little of both.  The wildflowers are slow to come, but the early risers are quite beautiful.  The UPS guy and the FedEx lady have both commented on the colorful display of flowers DH has growing.

Tamagno - So glad to hear you are progressing favorably.  Does having Alexa help you with some chores?  Also, a diabetic question to be answered at your convenience.  Do you ever have higher blood sugar numbers on the day you change an infusion set for your pump? 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  We were below 100° yesterday at 99° and should be about the same today.  Nice for here in late July.
Tamagno, glad you are getting along well.  You may be interested in the kit I got on Amazon with aids for getting along with getting in and out of bed, putting on socks and such.

https://www.amazon.com/RMS-7-Piece-Replacement-Rotating-Dressing/dp/B07BFDRG1T/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3CQH65B67PDXZ&dchild=1&keywords=leg+lifter+hip+replacement&qid=1595515102&sprefix=leg+lifter%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFPSjhBVE9SRFUxR1MmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0NDUzNDMxMTBDV0tRWkQ0OUMzJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMjU2MzIxM1VNMEVJS0NEMUU2JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It really helped me manage some of the things by myself.  The sock tool is brilliant.  It is like a half tube with rope handles and you slip the sock over it and slip your foot in and pull and your sock is on !  The other items helped a lot also.

If you want to check it out I think you have to cut and paste the URL
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this cloudy morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 78°/53° with thunderstorms in the afternoon with possible high winds. Ugh!

So glad you are improving so quickly Tamagno.

skb

121 today morning. Still reeeling from some bad eating a couple of days ago and lack of exercise.

Tamagno, Glad you're getting better each day.  ~hi5~
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

126 this morning.

Grammabear, if I get a good insertion site, I'm lowest the first few days after insertion. I always stretch sets as long as I can, and the last day or so of usefulness is marked by higher numbers as the cannula (which is the limiting factor for me) becomes bent or kinked and needs replacement.

Yesterday was okay as I got x-rays, bandage change and staple removal done by the orthopod. Everything looks good, but both the x-ray tech and the doctor were pretty rough as they went about their business. Don't know if that's common for that specialty or not.

Thanks for the link, Wally. I added it to my cart and will check out the details shortly - sure seems like something I could use.

I use Alexa constantly for everything from turning lights on/off to watching TV, making/answering phone calls, keeping track of my schedule and package tracking to ordering various necessities - really a tremendous convenience (if I'm bored, it'll even play Jeopardy with me). What I really want is something I saw yesterday that's in development at Amazon which is a free standing and mobile robot that could do all I mention, but also bring me, um, cold beer. So far though, the expected price for that is $1,000+. This stuff was made for seasoned citizens far as I can tell.

Lost in the shuffle is one really good thing which is that I've paid off my mortgage - could be I'll have extra cash around for that robot after all.

Grammabear

95 this morning.

Are you'all coffee drinkers?  If so, what is your favourite brand?  I have noticed some of the favourite brands are in short supply and I am looking for different brands that might be tasty as well.

It is 70 deg F today and expected to be 85 deg F but we have 83% humidity.  Not expected to be comfortable outside.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021