You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

121 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I don't like when docs postpone either - in some cases I imagine it's some emergency and like to think they'd defer others if it were my emergency (or, the more cynical view that he's hungover again)...

I've settled on a weather app called Dark Skies that resides on my iPad. I've tried a number of others but this seems the most accurate, easiest to read and has features I like (including the ability to look at past weather for any given date). My wife has several she looks at and then decides which one she thinks is correct.

Hopefully, Dark Skies is right today as it predicts temperatures in the mid-40s for early afternoon.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Our weather today is currently 33 deg F and a slight north east wind at 10 mph.  It seems pleasant out at present but snow is expected later today about 3-6 inches or so the weatherman predicts.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Weather here is comfortable so no complaints at all.  It would be nice to get some rain but there isn't any in sight but it will be a nice weekend.
I have received all of the parts for my computer upgrade so I think I will start today.  It may take me a couple of days because the first thing i want to do is completely take everything apart and clean everything I am going to reuse.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the new computer does compared to the one I am using now. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

96 this drizzly morning.

44° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 43° with overnight of 31°, with rain showers and possibly a bit of snow.

My Gastroenterologist cancelled me the first time because he had to do an emergency endoscopy, the second time he had a surgery scheduled. You'd think they would have known that when they rescheduled me. It was a week away...

Have fun with the rebuild Wally.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Wally, I'm curious which bits you're replacing and maybe some of why (doubtless you could practically write a book). Also curious to know how much dog fur/dander you have to clean out. Anything you care to tell us would be of interest to me.

My laptop is a rapidly aging MacBook Pro which I'm amazed has plodded along as long as it has (got to be well over ten-years old). I'll be wanting to consider carefully my options when I replace it. I don't use it for very much but it's at the core of my LAN so has to be reliable. No need to pay big bucks for bits about which I'm unconcerned, though.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

We got a semi-heavy wet snow last night ~ the kind that is beautiful to look at all over the trees and bushes.  However it is difficult to shovel - slow and steady I think will be in order today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Not quite as warm as predicted with a high of 63° but it is supposed to be warmer today. Still it is pretty nice for January.
My computer rebuild went faster than I had thought and I am using it right now.  It was really loaded with dust and I removed everything from the case to clean all of the components.  That didn't take as ong as I expected and all went back together well.  It's always gratifying when you turn it on for the first time and it posts and you know all is working.
Tamagno, I put in a new motherboard, processor and memory.  Pretty much the main parts of a computer.  I used the same case, power supply and graphics card as the ones I had were still pretty up to date.  Sometime down the road I may replace the graphics card but the one I have here has 4 GB of memory and is pretty powerful.
My old computer was going on 7 years old and some of the functions of the motherboard software were not working on Windows 10 and the manufacture was not going to update it.  They are more interested in selling new products.  I switched from an Intel processor to an AMD processor. AMD has really improved and offers much more value for the money.  I did a clean install of Windows because my old system was really full of a lot of junk.  Now that the hardware is all working I will be pretty busy re-installing programs.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this partly cloudy morning.

40° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is 42° with showers, overnight low 26°.

For the last week or so, I have been feeling off, with bouts of diarrhea, but not quite sick. Yesterday was a bad day and I really started trying to figure out what was going on. Turns out Milk Thistle supplement does not agree with me! I just started taking it on the 10th, hoping it would help my liver issues and it was the only new addition to my diet. After a little searching on side effects...ta dah that was my problem. I only took one capsule yesterday and none today and I woke up today feeling just fine.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

168 this morning.

Sounds fairly straightforward and fun, Wally. I've been hearing good things about AMD processors lately - should be a good upgrade. Of course, it'll be great to have a clean Windows install (not so much fun reinstalling programs, maybe). Part of the problem I have with my Mac is iTunes, which has over the years scattered my music library (I transferred all my CDs to it some years back) at seemingly every update all over the place. While I know it's all backed up to an external hard drive, finding everything is now tricky. Next laptop, I'll definitely be managing all that differently. Or, I may try wiping the computer hard drive clean and reinstalling things so I'm sure where they are. It's all a bit messy right now...

Grammabear

93 this morning.

Feeling scared this morning for the procedures that will be done tomorrow.  Not afraid of the surgery exactly, but not looking forward to the pain that comes after the keratectomy part. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning. 
Yeah Tamagno, it is fun to upgrade the computer and it is working quite well.  One thing new is an M.2 PCIE solid state drive that runs on the new PCIE 4 bus and is blistering fast compared to the older drives.  I have Windows installed on it and now Windows boots in seconds instead of minutes.  Quite a change.  It is a lot of work re-installing everything but it is also something that needed to be done.  You gather a lot of junk in 7 years.
Grammabear, you are having much more done than I did but I hope you get through it without too much of a problem.  I hope you find your vision greatly improved.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

114 this foggy morning.

38° was the high yesterday, it is also today's forecast high with overnight low of 30°. A bit of snow for today. It just started lightly snowing so that part of the forecast was right.

Grammabesr, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it goes easier for you this time, and that in the end your vision is much improved.

skb

143 fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

135 this morning.

Kathy, my prayers for a successful procedure and fast healing.

I hear great things about SSDs these days, Wally. Booting Windows so quickly is major and takes care of one of my biggest complaints about it. Causes me to think about moving my zillions of media files to the cloud and putting my Mac OS on an SSD external drive and running it through that. I suspect the days of spinning storage media are numbered.

Grammabear

122 this morning.

Off to the surgery center in a little while.  Taking two regular Tylenol prior to leaving at the advice of a nice nurse employee at the surgery center.  It might allow me to get ahead of the post-op pain.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021