You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  The first Libre sensor ended it's 14 days this morning so I have changed to a new one.  I am curious to see if there is any difference in the readings.  I put this one on the other arm but I doubt that will make a difference.

Tamagno, I think you will find the kit useful, at least I sure did.  I still use the grabber now and then.

Grammabear, I have coffee in the morning every day but I don't consider myself a  connoisseur.  I have used Folgers for years but I also like Mc Cafe which I found at Walmart but if I have to I will try anything.  I never use flavored coffee and I use a drip coffee maker and I have never used the pods.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this sunny morning.

77° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 84°/51°.

Glad you continue to improve Tamagno.

Grammabear, I used to drink coffee every morning, 2 cups bulletproof. But a couple of years ago it started not sitting right on my stomach. I switched to tea iced 2 cups in the morning. I switch up black, green, oolong, constant comment, etc. every day a different flavor.

Speaking of Amazon, I recently purchased a new hot sauce recommended by a chef, Michael Symon, that I follow on Twitter. It is called Secret Aardvark Habanero Sauce. It is very tasty, not burn your taste buds out hot, just a light heat in the back of your throat, but go lightly with it. It has become my new favorite.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

109 today morning.

In India, coffee is preferred in the lower half (I suppose because it is grown there) while the upper half likes tea. I take 2 cups of tea in the morning in the waking up process and then a cup of green tea while I'm here with the forum. Wife like coffee and till recently was consuming some Turkish brand but in the Covid days she is compelled to turn to Indian brands because of availability. She likes it black, and sometimes I join in but I do add some cream. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

176 this morning.

I do like coffee, but find I can no longer distinguish its flavor much. As a result, I'll drink most any brand, but like it very sweet with cream and any flavoring. I miss getting espresso in France and Italy where it's very strong and will wake you up fast. Would love to try Turkish and Australian coffee.

BigSkyGal, I love hot sauce and will try the one you recommend. Usually habaneros are the most spicy so it's unusual your brand isn't a killer. I've taken to Chinese chili oil with crunchy garlic bits. The last I got is the best so far (S&B Chili Oil w/Crunchy Garlic) which also does not have fiery heat as it's forward taste plus it's roast garlic bits add interest in texture.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

I recently tried coffee pods from the Black Rifle Coffee Company which is roasted in the U.S.  It is a company founded by U.S. veterans.  I have a Keurig, but of late, I've gotten tired of being 'locked' into their prices and their brands.  I can use an auxiliary kcup in my machine, which leaves me free to try any brand.  I also recently discovered a loose leaf tea company here in the U.S. and ordered from them.  I made a cold brew ice tea in the refrigerator, the flavor which pleases both DH and myself. 

You folks that like hot sauce, I wish there was some way of rating the 'heat' from it.  DH assured me the hot sauce he likes was delicious.  When I tried it, I felt it was way too hot.  I guess I'm stuck with catsup, which is definitely benign. :o
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

78 this morning. We had a high of 97° yesterday and now it is going to warm up some.  We are going to be pushing 110° next week.
I used to drink "Bullet Proof Coffee" every morning with HWC and coconut oil but I have switched to just black coffee and usually have 4 cups in the morning.  I like to make sun tea and have iced tea during the day.
I'm not a fan of hot sauce that is too hot.  I guess I am more of a warm sauce person.  I usually look for a label of "mild" and something labeled "medium" is usually OK in a small amount. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this sunny morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/48°.

Oh Tamagno, thanks for reminding me of S&B Chili oil w/crunchy garlic! I used to get it all the time but haven't for a while...phasing through all sorts of new choices. Putting it in my Shopping List for my next Amazon order.

eta: I make sun tea too Wally, every day for the next morning's tea. Mason jar in a sunny window ...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

I agree with the idea of making sun tea and my hubby and I love it.  Something about placing a Mason jar in a sunny window and watching the tea bags turn the water into a beautiful colour.  In fact I ordered a huge bag of tea bags from Republic of Tea, just so I could make more and more sun tea.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

119 today morning.

Yesterday was another 'festive' day. We have tons of them. It's called Nag Panchmi. Nag means a Cobra Snake and Panchmi is the 5th day of the moon cycle. The house staff made some sweets and I had to take a little. If I don't they feel bad.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Just a little chill in the air overnight. We'll likely be starting to get more of that at this point.

SKB, it's often seemed that India has a vast number of festivals of one sort or other, but in truth over here you don't have to look far to find a celebration/fair/special day/etc. most any time and all have vast arrays of comestibles, generally carb-laden. I'd hate to have the sort of job that required my presence at these things - it'd be impossible to avoid all the offers of "just a taste."
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

I agree with Tamagno.  At a festival or special day, it would be hard to hurt someone's feelings by refusing their food creation.

Today is supposed to be a heat index near 100 or above.  I clearly would prefer something a little more comfortable.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  We just broke 100° yesterday and now it is heading up and is supposed to be around 108-110° next week.  The good thing is that while the Los Angeles area is looking at possible monsoon conditions with high humidity and possible rain we are not going to see that and humidity is supposed to be round 10%.

I let everyone know that I am diabetic and I don't worry at all about declining any sweet things.  People I know have been very supportive and it hasn't been an issue.

SKB, I see all of the welcome posts you make but none of these people ever post.  It appears that they have joined but are they real ?
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Wally the Welcome posts are automated by the system. Most of the people that join up are interested in selling something. Our forum policy doesn't permit that. To restrict irrelevant posts we have a system of moderator Approval in the early days of a new member.

Earlier we had a system where it was difficult to gain membership here. Now we've made it easier so that the member and post count goes up. I suppose it counts for SEO software. They do look at these numbers. That's how most forums operate and we've adopted the same policy.   
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

113 this sunny morning.

76° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 87°/49°. So far this summer has been pretty tolerable, hope I just didn't jinx myself!

I have an appointment on Monday with my Gastroenterologist. I'm dreading having to go up to town. The Governor has mandated masks indoors in public places and at large outdoor groups. People are protesting it though. I just don't understand their selfishness. I am going to get there and get out as fast as possible. They told me to come up to the office at my exact appt time, there would be no one in the waiting room and I would go right in to see the dr.

Well,I am just about done with living in a jungle, I think I am gouing to break down and call the lawn people next week. Hopefully Kitty won't stay away too long this time...

skb

110 today.

Zooming in and out seems to be a good idea and the norm. If they can control patient management so well that you will not find a single visitor in the waiting room that speaks a lot for the clinic / hospital. Cases are going up to 50000+ every single day. Yet people have started moving out to make ends meet. I've spent the most of last week in fully operational mode.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club