You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

104 this morning.

It appears I spoke too soon about cooler weather; today's high is scheduled to be in the mid-90s.

I saw an interesting video on YouTube about the Spanish flu back around WWI. I've been assiduously avoiding the current epidemic chatter, but this was interesting in that the "second wave" was more destructive than the first, particularly in Philadelphia which went ahead with a parade sans face masks with disastrous results. Having seen that I'm rethinking various things including a scheduled visit to my endocrinologist this week. Not only are they seeing people in person (which could be just fine) but I also need blood work done for him - I really don't want to go to the hospital blood draw joint and I also don't want to use their bathroom to leave a urine specimen. In my current state I think all would be especially unwise - will phone his office in a while.

Meanwhile, my hip is healing very well and I'm able to get in and out of bed and do all manner of my usual chores with the aid of various devices. Thankfully, pain is now manageable with ibuprofen. I'm really pleased so far, although the afflicted leg still has lots of edema, at least I'm not totally dependent on my wife. This morning I managed to change my pump insertion set in bed (actually, I recommend it) as well as my CGM sensor. Doing pretty good!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Tamagno - your part of the country is probably getting the same weather as the Midwest got the past several days.  Last night we got a lot of rain, but exactly how much is difficult to say.

Glad to hear you are conquering difficult tasks with the help of various devices Tamagno.  Self care with a broken hip is not easy, just take good care of yourself.

bigskygal - If forum rules allow and you feel comfortable doing so, could you share perhaps a few of the items you have found that are diabetic friendly and tasty as well.  I like to avoid going out any more than absolutely necessary.  I don't mind going to the grocery store as it seems that everyone there seems to follow the rules about masks and social distancing. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

109 this morning. We just broke 100 yesterday with a high of 101° and now it is going to warm up a bit more with highs near 110° in the next few days.  August is usually the hottest here so not unusual.

Tamagno, glad you are doing well.  It gets better day by day.  They had me in rehab for about two weeks and it was a of of work but helped a lot. 
Here the doctors visit and the blood draw have been handled quite well.  Everyone wears a mask as expected and they space out people so there is no problem with distancing.  I have felt pretty comfortable when I have gone to in person visits. For the most part we are doing pretty well in this town but cases are going up and a lot of that is because we have 400-500 workers coming into town each day now from out of town that are doing the repair work from last years earthquake.  Still, our case count is pretty low compared to other areas.

Thanks for the explanation SKB.  It makes a lot of sense.  I was just curious seeing so many welcomes and none posting.  I am glad the sellers are kept out.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this sunny morning.

Yesterday's high was 81°, today's forecast is 94°.58°. Ugh! And it will be hotter up in town where my dr is. Out of here in a few minutes for that appt.

Grammabear, mostly the meals aren't true low carb, I get away with them because I only eat small portions of them at a time with a side vegetable. I don't eat them every day either. I go up a little after some but most work for me...

Glad you are doing so well Tamagno.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

108 today morning.

Tamagno, glad to hear of your progress.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Steamy hot again today...

I had my PT here yesterday as well as a visit from a speech therapist (I'd forgotten that a barium swallowing test I'd had in hospital revealed my epiglottis about 75% paralyzed). I'm doing good and nothing remarkable except that the little girl (okay, she's probably 35) who's the speech therapist turns out to be a type 1 using a T-Slim pump with G6 Dexcom which was interesting - she repeated our oft-visited tales of woe regarding endocrinologists, hospitals and the like. Gosh, like most kids she's an unbelievably fast talker!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Suggest to her that she should join us. We could use someone with a medical background.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Temperature here is 71 and humidity level is also 71%.  Yesterday was very warm, but tolerable if you had outside chores to do.

Tomatoes are starting to ripen in the garden.  Hubby planted some very small, bite size yellow tomatoes that are very mild and quite tasty.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  We had a high of 103° yesterday and it is heading to 108° today and may reach 110° tomorrow which is about normal for here in July.  The humidity though is at around 10% and that helps. 
Off to my PCP for the "Annual Medicare" visit which I am thinking is pretty much a waste of time for someone that has regular appointments with their doctor.  I understand why the doctors want to have it because Medicare allows them to bill for a 1/2 hour session instead of 15 min. but I don't really see what it does for me. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning.

85° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 93°/57°. They seem to be missing the mark on the high lately and I am fine with that!

I must have the worst pcp out there! He only sees me once a year for the Medicare exam. I was seeing the Oncologist twice a year but he released me in January. I see the Gastroenterologist twice a year now.

I put out birdseed every day. A few minutes ago I walked into the kitchen and on the front deck there was a mama and papa quail with 10 fluffy babies chowing down on the bird seed! Too cute!

I feel exhausted today, the stress of going up to town really got to me...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

110 today morning.

Weather wise it has been quite wet and thundery the past few days.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

43 this morning (carbs for breakfast today).

SKB, I will indeed point my type 1 speech therapist this way.

It'll be a big day here for me, UPS and the post office; must be at least ten packages arriving from Amazon and Best Buy today. Not sure all this stuff will fit on my little porch; seems like I should leave those guys a plate of sandwiches and some cold lemonade. I sure am grateful for Amazon especially where I can get most anything delivered to my door. We live in astonishing times!

Wally, my delivery from Best Buy is the little Microsoft Go 2 laptop/tablet. I'm attracted to it for a variety of reasons and it'll be my first Windows device in ages. I'll let you know how set-up goes once I've got it running. Could be fun.

Grammabear

73 this morning.

My PCP only sees me every 90 days because of Medicare regulations requiring it.  I have to see a PCP or Endocrinologist every 90 days because of the insulin.  If I don't, Medicare will not pay for insulin or pump supplies.

Tamagno - Hope you have fun with your 'new' toy.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Snap Grammabear !  I am at 73 fasting also today.  We had a high of 105° yesterday  and should reach 109° today so warming up a bit.
 My PCP usually has me scheduled for a 4 month follow up.  My Cardiologist used to have me on a 4 month schedule also but last time he said 6 months as all seems to be OK.  The annual Medicare wellness visit is in addition to that.  I don't know but I think the wellness visit is more for people that don't see a doctor on a regular visit but I could be wrong.

I'll be interested to hear how you like the laptop/tablet Tamagno.  My desktop and laptop are Windows machines but I like IOS for my phone and tablet.  I spend most of my time on my desktop and have never used a Mac computer.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

111 this mostly sunny morning.

85° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 85°/57°.

LOL Tamagno, I have 4 boxes coming on Friday from Amazon. And it is just about time to reorder several of my supplements so there will be more coming next week,,,