You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

102 today morning.

Starting 5th Aug some more relaxations have been announced with the lockdown. At the same time number of new cases is gradually rising. A sero survey showed that 57% slum dwellers in Mumbai have the antibodies for Covid-19 and I don't know if that is good news or bad. On the one hand we are close to herd immunity, on the other we have that many more carriers and for the vulnerable it could be a big threat. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: skb on July 29, 2020, 11:50:54 PM102 today morning.

Starting 5th Aug some more relaxations have been announced with the lockdown. At the same time number of new cases is gradually rising. A sero survey showed that 57% slum dwellers in Mumbai have the antibodies for Covid-19 and I don't know if that is good news or bad. On the one hand we are close to herd immunity, on the other we have that many more carriers and for the vulnerable it could be a big threat. 

I'm hoping for the herd immunity scenario...doesn't it eventually have to kick in? I just don't want to be one of the ones killed off in the process.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Lots of stuff arrived yesterday all in one gigantic box. Had to get my wife to drag the stuff in.

Wally, I'll set up the Go 2 this morning.

But the very best thing that came was a new seat cushion. My wife researched it and came up with the Roho brand for people wheelchair bound. They're pricey at $300 but are in a whole different league as they have rows of air bladders. Sitting on these is amazing as any pressure points disappear and it comfortably conforms to your nether regions. It's way, way beyond just some cheezy blow-up cushion.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

109 this morning.

Tamagno - I truly hope your new cushion will make it comfortable for you to sit.  Do let us know how it works for you.  I have a dear Aunt who is wheelchair bound and I would perhaps get one for her.  She is a very active person whom I love dearly.

Today I have to go to another town to pick up my 'Medicare' diabetic shoes.  The guy that evaluated my current shoes and evaluated my foot problem, was super helpful.  I'm hoping the new shoes will give me more walking with a little less foot pain.

Also, before I forget it, if any of you are looking for a new water bottle or a coffee cup that keeps drinks hot or cold, check out the Corkcicle company.  They have lots of styles to choose from and their product, although pricey, is worth the money.  Their drinking containers are stainless steel except for those made from glass. I have no financial interest  in this company, their products just work very well.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

77 this morning.  We had a high of 105° yesterday and probably going to be around 107° today.  Pretty much the same from day to day here now.
I think the Jury is still out on whether there will ever be a "herd immunity" for this virus and what it would take to get there but it would be at the cost of a lot of lives to get there if it does exist.  I think that is why there is such a scramble to find an effective vaccine which is still a ways off.  I think the best thing right now is to observe the distancing and wearing a mask to help prevent transmission. 

Tamagno, that seat cushion sounds like a good purchase.  I tried a couple of cushions I found on Amazon and they were not very helpful.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

120 this sunny morning.

82° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 93°/57°.

Fell asleep in the recliner didn't get into bed until 4AM. Then I slept till almost 11AM so my day is all mixed up.

Tamagno, it must have felt like Christmas when that big box came. How unusual for the now times for everything to be in one box! Glad your cushion is working so well for you.

All my boxes are coming today instead of Friday, nice!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

105 today morning.

Tamagno, Let us know how it goes with the Go2 and the cushion.

Quote from: bigskygal on July 30, 2020, 12:19:48 AMI'm hoping for the herd immunity scenario...doesn't it eventually have to kick in? I just don't want to be one of the ones killed off in the process.

Well, this is something that we've never known before so everyone is playing a guessing game with all the differing scenarios. No one really knows. My own gut feeling is that if your immunity is strong (even if it is say at 50% level from optimum) then you should be able to deal with the virus. And the 2 best ways to keep the immune system strong are Exercise and Diet. I think we are all taking good care of these.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

133 this morning.

No doubt about it, if you're looking for the best seat cushion go with Roho.

I started setting up the little Go2 yesterday which was interesting. It's obviously a well-screwed together little thing and basic set up didn't take so long as my Win 8 did. I got the top model and it seems plenty fast for my needs. I love the facial recognition lock that works great. I'd forgotten how different Windows and Mac are so it's going to take some for me to get back in that mindset. So far, so good, though.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Nothing much exciting going on here today.  Weather is pleasant and a good day for outside chores.

My desktop mouse is not working properly and that is after a new battery as it is wireless.  I don't know if it is just worn out or if I can replace the dongle. :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We had a high of 106° yesterday and it is predicted to get to 112° today and is supposed to be the hottest day and then start to cool down just a bit over the weekend and next week.
I agree SKB, so much is not known about this virus and I think the best thing is to avoid anything that exposes you as much as you can. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this sunny morning.

85° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 98°/60°. Oh man, I sure hope not!! I don't do well over 85°!

Nothing much going on here either Gramabear. From the looks of the weather forecast for the next few days, my work is going t be trying to stay cool.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on July 31, 2020, 02:19:29 PM105 this sunny morning.

85° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 98°/60°. Oh man, I sure hope not!! I don't do well over 85°!

Nothing much going on here either Gramabear. From the looks of the weather forecast for the next few days, my work is going t be trying to stay cool.

Lol Barbara ~ When you get older, it seems the highlight of our day is to go do a mundane errand or a doctor appointment.  I miss going out to eat occasionally and letting someone else do the cooking.  Hope you are cool at your place.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on July 31, 2020, 10:18:14 AMMy desktop mouse is not working properly and that is after a new battery as it is wireless.  I don't know if it is just worn out or if I can replace the dongle. :(

I've also faced these kind of problems with my PC Mouse. Most of the times it is the battery, sometimes I think it is a problem with the driver as well. So if you could remove remove the dongle from the USB port, just clean it a bit and reinstall it. It will look up for the driver automatically and maybe the mouse will work.

99 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

128 this morning.

I'm also laying low today with no visiting nurses or appointments. Bring on the laziness!

Apropos of cleaning that mouse dongle, I've had a lot of trouble cleaning charging cables, etc. I'd tried cleaning with an eraser and using alcohol without success, but I found a product on Amazon for just that purpose that works:

CAIG Laboratories D100L-2DB Electric Cleaner

Seemed like I was forever having charging cables wear out, but this stuff does the trick.

Grammabear

103 this morning.

skb & Tamagno - Thank you for tips on making mouse work again.  I will order some of that cleaner as I have tried other things to no avail.  It is just a bit frustrating to be always putting a new battery in it or trying to clean it.  I saw a new mouse on Amazon for $45 and nearly choked on my coffee. 

Tamagno - I am obviously technically challenged, but I've been thinking about getting a simple version of Alexa.  I would like to have music in the kitchen while doing cooking and cleanup.  What kind of things do I need and is it hard to hook up?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021