You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We had a high of 108° yesterday so not as bad as the 112° predicted and now it is supposed to cool down a bit for the next few days.
Grammabear, you can get a decent wireless mouse for not too much like the Logitech M510 Wireless Computer Mouse – or even some for less.  I like the Logitech with the "Unifying" dongle because it works my mouse and keyboard with just one dongle.  More expensive "mice" are usually aimed at gamers who want faster response and different controls.  Not necessary for ordinary use. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this partly cloudy morning.

89° was the high here yesterday. Today's forecast is 94°/60°. Hopefully it won't get that high here. Days like this, I miss all the trees I used to have across the back of my house. On the other hand, when it is very windy, I don't miss them at all.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on August 01, 2020, 01:27:49 PM98 this partly cloudy morning.

89° was the high here yesterday. Today's forecast is 94°/60°. Hopefully it won't get that high here. Days like this, I miss all the trees I used to have across the back of my house. On the other hand, when it is very windy, I don't miss them at all.

bigskygal~Our house is surrounded on 3 sides with tall,old trees.  When the strong wind blows, we always have small or sometimes bigger branches that fall off the trees.  If it is a bad storm, we usually have quite a mess to clean up afterwards.  While I do love the trees and the shade they provide, we do not enjoy cleaning up after a storm.  I do understand your feelings about your trees.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

As much as I loved all the trees, after a huge limb crashed onto my roof I knew it was time to get them cut down.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on August 01, 2020, 02:04:20 PMAs much as I loved all the trees, after a huge limb crashed onto my roof I knew it was time to get them cut down.

:o I hope your home was not damaged by the tree limb.  When we bought our house, there was a huge tree at the corner of our house near our bedroom.  The first storm we experienced after moving in - brought down one large branch just missing the corner of the roof.  That is when we decided to take the entire tree down as we did not want to replace the roof immediately.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

101 today morning.

I've had a couple of tree limbs falling down on our farm house. At the city home, we lost two coconut trees just this season. One was and still is a big mess.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on August 01, 2020, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: bigskygal on August 01, 2020, 02:04:20 PMAs much as I loved all the trees, after a huge limb crashed onto my roof I knew it was time to get them cut down.

:o I hope your home was not damaged by the tree limb.  When we bought our house, there was a huge tree at the corner of our house near our bedroom.  The first storm we experienced after moving in - brought down one large branch just missing the corner of the roof.  That is when we decided to take the entire tree down as we did not want to replace the roof immediately.

It did $10,000 worth of damage to my roof and guest bathroom...it could have been so much worse, it literally could have killed me! That is why I took down all the trees close to the house.

Tamagno

111 this morning.

We got a robocall from the town yesterday warning of a possible hurricane; absolutely no sign of such a thing on weather maps. I'd rather not have that...

Grammabear, the best starting point with Alexa is to get a little Echo that can generally be had for around $30. You'll need Wi-Fi and their app on your phone, but as I recall, set-up is pretty easy. Getting your various settings on the app may take awhile but I wouldn't call it hard. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find that it can do much more than play music...

Speaking of set-up I'm nearly done doing that with my new Surface Go 2. It's been nowhere near as difficult as Win 8 was, but, of course, Microsoft remains somewhat coercive about buying things like Office, etc. so care must be taken. Syncing with my Apple products has gone reasonably well and I'm gradually getting its apps arranged and learning what it's capabilities are. It's a good little machine for my purposes.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

106 this morning.

bigskygal - I'm glad you came out safe from the tree that fell on your home.  That must have been a frightening situation.

Tamagno - Thank you for the tips on Alexa.  I hope to understand enough about it to really enjoy it.  The massage therapist I go to monthly, has Alexa in her studio.  She can request most any kind of relaxing music she wants. 

I saw on my CGM readings the past few nights that my blood glucose climbs in the middle of the night.  I have to research that because I sure don't get up from sleeping and have a snack.  Something is not quite right.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  We hit 108° again yesterday but I am hopeful that it will start to cool down just a bit over the next couple of days.
With the hot weather over all of Southern California there are fires breaking out in some areas.  So far there is only one that is large and threatening homes but that could change.
I have an Echo but I really haven't spent much time trying to get to know how to use it yet.  I need to put that on my to-do list.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this sunny morning.

89° was the high yesterday, it was very hazy as it is again today, maybe that is keeping the temp down a bit. Today's forecast is 93°/58°.

Definitely going to call the yard guy tomorrow. I don't want to still have this jungle if a fire breaks out around here.

Grammabear, yes it was terrifying!

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 02, 2020, 10:02:23 AMI saw on my CGM readings the past few nights that my blood glucose climbs in the middle of the night.  I have to research that because I sure don't get up from sleeping and have a snack.  Something is not quite right.

Possibly Somogyi Effect ?

101 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

81 this morning.

Looks like tropical storm Isais is indeed heading our way tomorrow morning. I expect our main concern is power outage and high winds.

I found that using Alexa is a lot of trial and error, usually asking it to do something; be prepared to find yourself yelling at it. Once sorted out, though, it'll do all manner of things. Grammabear, it can be connected to your Dexcom Follow/Share apps so you'll be able to ask it your current BG. Like your massage therapist, I have it play a variety of soothing sounds when I sleep.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

Tamagno - I hope you and your wife stay safe during the time the tropical storm comes to your area.  I saw pictures of it last night on the world news - not something I would want to come visiting here.

Does Alexa yell back at you if you get frustrated and yell at him/her?

Judging by the dark skies, there will be rain coming here very shortly.  I have a visit to the Podiatrist scheduled for today, so I hope it isn't raining then.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

75 this morning.  We hit 108° again yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today but it is supposed to start cooling down tomorrow. 
Off shortly for a bone scan but I don't expect it to show anything.  My doctor wants it though so I'll be a good boy and go.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024