You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

116 this partly cloudy morning.

87° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 87°/51° it is gradually cooling down.

Stay safe Tamagno, that sounds like a scary situation.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

103 here today morning.

Yep, tamagno, be safe and indoors. Alert for heavy rain in our area also. And it has been raining all night.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

158 this morning.

At least very locally, the hurricane produced nothing but heavy rain, thankfully. Also, we didn't lose power, so everything is normal at this joint.

Grammabear, Alexa doesn't yell back but her responses can be chiding in a somewhat motherly way. Nevertheless, it's capable of some surprising reactions and you can find web sites with lists of such things.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

101 this morning.

Tamagno, I have heard the Alexa at my massage therapist studio tell her things like "that music not available, please choose another selection" so I assumed Alexa was always prim and proper.

Very glad your weather brought only rain and no destroying winds also.

Weather here today is cool and sunny.  Perfect day to enjoy the outdoors.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  Another 108° yesterday but it is supposed to cool down a bit the next few days.  No rain in sight here but that can be a good thing because the humidity with this heat would be kind of nasty.
Tamagno, glad that you didn't have any problems with the storm, hope it stays that way.
I have an Amazon Echo Dot but I haven't really done much with it.  I need to spend some time getting familiar with her.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this sunny morning.

81° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 89°/51° hope it doesn't get there though. 85° is my top high that I am comfortable with, never have done high heat well.

Glad all you had to deal with was rain Tamagno.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

bigskygal

Aarg.. my printer just died!  Message says needs repair, but we all know that is more expensive than buying a new one. Any suggestions on what to get? Last one Wally recommended (years ago)Cannon Pixma Mg6620 it worked great until it didn't.

All I want is to be able to print out wirelessly and make copies. No fancy bells and whistles. Any ideas?

Grammabear

bigskygal - My printer is a Brother MFC-J485DW.  It is a plain model, has 4 separate color cartridges that are cheaper than the HP printer I had before this one.  It was recommended to me by a online friend who is very well acquainted with printers and computers.  I don't do a ton of printing, mainly just recipes and other information.  The printer was on sale through Best Buy for $39 about a year ago.  I ordered it online and installed it myself.  And believe me IF I can do it, anyone can do it.  There are other printers equally as good, but this is the one I have.  Good Luck to you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

93 today morning.

For general purpose printing I use an Epson printer. It doesn't use cartridges but an ink tank instead and that is why it is quite softer on the purse. It is not wireless though, but I'm sure there are high end models as well.
ETA - Not good for printing color pictures.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

77 this morning.

I spoke too soon regarding the storm; high winds began yesterday afternoon and we lost power about 5pm. Thankfully, it came back on this morning around 5am. I'm just grateful it's back!

I got a new Epson printer this last year that is working well. Its model WF-4740 and probably more for home office users, but we use it for copying, scanning, faxing and wireless printing all of which it seems to do very well. I used to always have HP printers, but prefer this for ease of use and connectivity.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Our weather is a balmy 61 deg F this morning with a high of 75 deg.  We turned off our A/C last night and enjoyed sleeping with the windows open.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We are cooling down a bit with a high of 104° yesterday and it should be a couple of degrees cooler today.  Friday it may be under 100° for the first time in a while.
Tamagno, glad you are OK.  Some areas got hammered pretty bad with the storm.
Barbara, after my Epson died I got a Canon printer because it had a document feeder so I could copy several documents at a time without having to feed each one by itself.  I have had about the same luck with most of the printers I have had, some last longer than others but usually not much.  One of the things I look at is the cost of ink and if there are non OEM cartridges available.  Ink is the biggest cost for printing and I have had good luck with generic cartridges.  Grammabear might have a good idea, I bought a Brother printer several years ago and after using it for about 6 years I gave it to my BIL three years ago and he is still using it today.  Might be worth looking into one.  There are several models so it is just a matter of finding the one that has the options you wnt.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this sunny morning.

80° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 93°/55°. It is still at 80°, I'm hoping it will stay closer to that than 93.

Yesterday was just not my day! Besides the printer dying and misplacing my phone for part of the evening, the support for my silverware drawer broke and I can't fix it. It is a dumb plastic bracket that holds the metal slider. I emptied the drawer below and moved the silverware drawer there. I put the empty drawer in the top slot because I will have to pull it out each time I go into the silverware drawer. Today I lightened the drawer some by moving things to other drawers.

Thanks for all the recommendations for a printer. Next stop is Amazon, hopefully I can find what I need there. When I was working I used the printer a lot, but now not so much. Like you Grammabear, mostly recipes and such...

Grammabear

bigskygal - You might want to take a look at BestBuy online just to see if their prices are any better than Amazon.  That is how I happened to come upon a 'sale-price' which I was not expecting.  BestBuy shipped it securely and safely too.  At any rate, things have to get better for you as you had your share of bad luck already.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on August 05, 2020, 05:08:22 PMbigskygal - You might want to take a look at BestBuy online just to see if their prices are any better than Amazon.  That is how I happened to come upon a 'sale-price' which I was not expecting.  BestBuy shipped it securely and safely too.  At any rate, things have to get better for you as you had your share of bad luck already.  :)

Thanks Grammabear, I'll look there too. Especially if they ship so I don't have to go up to town.