You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

94 today morning.

The rains have created mayhem and chaos here too. Lots of water logging and trees coming down. No loss of life though. There is a Red Alert for today as well.

I forgot to mention that my Epson printer uses an Ink Tank and not cartridges.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

154 this morning.

I've had good experiences ordering from Best Buy, plus they seem often to have things in stock even when Amazon doesn't. Prices are generally comparable. If you're so inclined they always have sales of "open box" items at a discount.

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday getting all my tech stuff back in order after the power outage. Everything is back in order, thankfully.

I discovered that my Surface Go is shipped with Windows in "S" mode which prevents installation of non-Microsoft apps. Disabling that proved simple after which I was able easily to install things like my password manager and calendar. I'm starting to feel comfortable with it as I explore and it's syncing very well with my Apple tech.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning.

The humidity is so very comfortable here, especially for this time of the year.  I suppose it will increase in the next few days, but in the mean time we will enjoy it while it is here.

Hubby picked green beans from our garden and they taste so much better than those we get from the store.  The yellow pear tomatoes are also starting to ripen.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 101° and today it is supposed to be 98° and any day under 100° in August is welcome.
I'm toying with the idea of getting a 3D printer.  I have been fascinated with the idea for a long time and think it would be fun to use one.  Now there are several that are not really expensive and do a really good job.  I know it is mostly a toy but then I like to play.  I have spent some time learning a CAD program and the printer is a great way to put it to use.  Just a thought right now but maybe in the near future. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

106 this mostly sunny morning.

84° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 87°/48°.

My eyes finally crossed from looking at printers so I gave up for the day yesterday. I'm leaning towards another Canon but I just can't decide...

Wally, a 3-D printer sounds like a fun toy!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

110 today morning, and I know why.

Wally, that is a great idea. Do you have a list of things drawn up that you'd like to make ? Sounds like a very interesting project.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

108 this morning.

Strange day yesterday in that shortly after I changed my insertion set, glucose dropped and kept on dropping despite my usual interventions. Finally got it stable late in the afternoon, but that was something new and decidedly unwelcome.

Wally, a 3-D printer would be fun to try. I'll be very curious to hear all about it.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

96 this morning.

Tamagno - If you are ever able to discern why your blood glucose dropped after an insertion set change, I am most interested.  My blood glucose usually goes the other direction, which is equally unwelcome.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  We had a nice 95° high yesterday for the first under 100° day for a while.  It is supposed to be a couple of degrees warmer today and then back over 100° next week.
I have been using the Libre for a month now and I like it quite a bit.  I have learned more about how my bg runs through the day and night and how meals affect me.  I always thought that I hit my peak at 2 hours after a meal but a lot of the time it will continue to rise for 3-4 hours after a meal.  It gives me a much better idea of how I am doing.  It is also nice to get a reading by just passing my phone over the sensor.  It is easy to get  reading anywhere.  I have questioned the accuracy and sometimes when I have compared the reading with a finger stick on my Contour Next it had been different with the Libre reading lower by 5-10 mg/dl but I scanned just before my blood test the other day and the lab reading was almost the same as the Libre, just 2 mg/dl different, so it seems like it is doing OK.  I am going to continue with it for now, I have 5 more sensors so good for 10 weeks. 
SKB, no, I don't have anything in mind right now to print but I have spent some time learning to use the CAD program Fusion 360 which is quite powerful and free for personal use so there are a lot of things that can be made that are useful.  A lot of the people using 3D printers are making toy figure and the like but there are hundreds of people posting all kinds of things on websites like Thingiverse so there are lots of things to do.  Right now it is just an idea but I think I will eventually get one.     
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this sunny morning.

83° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is a very nice 78°/44°.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

113 today morning.

Wally, since the Libre patch is higher up on the arm, the numbers between the finger tips and that spot are going to be different, I think.

When you see numbers continue to rise 3-4 hours after a meal, how are the macro ratios different in those meals compared to the others. If you don't mind sharing that data, it would be quite educative.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

78 this morning.

My insertion set occluded again last night, but I think it revealed my previous problem in that I could see that it was inserted into muscle and injecting insulin directly into my blood stream. The blood fairly quickly coagulated in the CGM cannula resulting in the second occlusion.

Looking like it'll be a nice day here. Still a tremendous number of people in our area without power or internet, though; we were truly blessed to get ours back so quickly.

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on August 07, 2020, 11:55:14 PM113 today morning.

Wally, since the Libre patch is higher up on the arm, the numbers between the finger tips and that spot are going to be different, I think. 

Not sure about this because with my Dexcom G6, I wear the sensor on my leg just above the knee and sometimes the numbers are 1 or 2 points difference or sometimes they are spot on.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

106 this morning.

Weather here has been perfect the past several days.  Today will be a transition day between perfect and 'hot'.

Tamagno - I have had occlusions too and it often seems to happen near the muscle.  Usually my numbers go low and stay there in spite of my efforts.  I usually end up removing it and putting it in a different spot.

My condolences to the families of the victims of the Air crash in India.  Such a tragedy.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on August 07, 2020, 11:55:14 PM113 today morning.

When you see numbers continue to rise 3-4 hours after a meal, how are the macro ratios different in those meals compared to the others. If you don't mind sharing that data, it would be quite educative.

I think the main reason for the difference is, according to the Libre website :

Interstitial fluid glucose measurements are taken from the fluid within tissue while blood glucose measurements are taken directly from the blood. Sensor glucose values, which are based on interstitial fluid glucose levels, can be different from blood glucose levels (fingersticks), particularly during times when your blood glucose is changing quickly. For example after eating, taking insulin, or exercising.

So there is a time lag between the finger stick and the Libre.  Other than that it seems to be pretty good.  I am not keeping track of macros now so I don't really have a good answer except that I am taking in a few more carbs now than I used to so maybe that is the cause.  It's not a big difference but interesting just the same.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024