You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

79 this morning.  Yeah SKB, we have the heat but thankfully not the humidity.  Heading to 104° again today but humidity 12% and that makes it much more tolerable.
We moved from the mountains to town three years ago and it is no fun at all.  Did get rid of a lot of junk in the process but still moved too much not needed and have been trying to get rid of a lot of it still.  Being a pack rat has it's problems.  I would not like to move again.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this cloudy morning.

78° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 78°/42. My furnace kicked on this morning, very unusual for August!

Yeah, there is no way I'm moving at this point in my life. I'm comfortable here it is peaceful and I have lots of nature around me. I don't mind the cold and I sure as heck could not stand the heat in NV or the hustle and bustle of Oceanside, CA.  So until/if there comes a time my health forces me to leave, I'll stay put here.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 13, 2020, 10:26:24 AMskb - When do you get a break from the oppressive heat and humidity?

The monsoons will last until end of September for sure, but because of freaky weather being witnessed everywhere, it could extend into parts of October as well. So really speaking the weather will begin to cool down somewhere in November. By that time I hope that the Covid devil has also been tamed a bit.

I didn't check morning numbers today as I was up very early and made tea for myself which I had already consumed.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

118 this morning.

Grammabear, we only lost power for about 12 hours. Our Frontier phone line, however, took nearly two weeks to be repaired.

Hoping to start trying stairs today with the PT. If all goes well, then I ought shortly to replace the walker with my cane. Seem to be doing really well.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

145 this morning

skb - I think maybe you folks in India will be very glad to see the end of this particular monsoon season, and everyone would be glad to see the Covid devil just plain disappear.

Tamagno - I sure hope you and your wife have a cell phone to fill in for not having a land line phone.  Your PT progress is really good.  Just be safe in going forward.

bigskygal - Oh my, I am with you.  Even though we have tons of traffic going past our place, I would still rather be looking at a corn field behind our place instead of a bunch of houses.

Wally - However did you make the move to a city after being out in the 'peace and quiet' for a long time?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  There was rain yesterday not far from here and we had clouds all day so it was a bit cooler but it is going to warm up and be around 112-114° next week.
Tamagno, sounds like you are doing well with rehab.  It is nice to get from the walker to a cane.
Grammabear, this is not close to a city. It is a small town and nice neighborhoods so it really isn't bad at all.  It was nice to be up in the mountains but there are advantages to being close to everything also.  It was a bit of an adjustment but not much.  One thing I don't miss is being in an area subject to wildfires and worrying about it every summer.  There are wildfires going on in several places in California right now as usual. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this sunny morning.

73° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/46°.

Glad to hear your rehab is going so well Tamagno.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 14, 2020, 10:15:31 AMskb - I think maybe you folks in India will be very glad to see the end of this particular monsoon season, and everyone would be glad to see the Covid devil just plain disappear.

Monsoons are welcome and required because our water comes from that. Covid should start to recede now.

Quote from: Tamagno on August 14, 2020, 06:21:46 AMHoping to start trying stairs today with the PT. If all goes well, then I ought shortly to replace the walker with my cane. Seem to be doing really well.

That's great news. Wish you all success.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

118 this morning.

Yep, with the PT yesterday I made it up the stairs and back plus did a circuit around the downstairs with a cane. Next time, the stairs out to the garage (soon, I hope ready to drive).

Most everywhere you live, I think, comes with what I call "special instructions." That is, every home has its own peculiarities to accommodate to and its own hazards and advantages. Once you've lived with those long enough, the more they're just routine and moving becomes more and more troublesome.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning.

Maybe it is my age, but it seemed a whole lot less troublesome to move when we were younger than it would now.  I agree with Tamagno that every house has its special instructions.

skb - I very much appreciate your information regarding the monsoon season.  I have never had the privilege of travelling outside of the U.S., so never had the chance to learn very much about how things are in other countries.  The internet is a great place to learn things.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Warming up as predicted but dry and clear.  Mornings are nice but the afternoon is time to stay inside.
Tamagno, sounds like you are doing well.  I actually started driving while I was still using a walker and it was a bit of a complication because my car is manual shift but I did OK.  Where I was living then it was kind of necessary.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

102 this sunny morning.

74° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 89°/49°. It has been pleasant but early next week there are forecasts for a few days in the 90's.Yuk...

I packed up my home in CA 16 years ago and moved here to MT. I was 54 just about 55 and it wasn't too bad. My son drove the moving van here and a friend and my son unloaded it. I put all the boxes in the garage and unpacked from there. LOL, I still have a bunch of boxes that I never unpacked... But now at 71 I just don't have the energy to do that again.

skb

98 today morning.

Quote from: Grammabear on August 15, 2020, 09:56:41 AMskb - I very much appreciate your information regarding the monsoon season.  I have never had the privilege of travelling outside of the U.S., so never had the chance to learn very much about how things are in other countries.  The internet is a great place to learn things.

India, with its diversity in all fields is really worth a look and I don't say this as an Indian, it's just so. BTW I had a 10 year US Visa and let it expire without a visit. That's unheard of for an Indian I think.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

My Visa expired over 10 years ago. I had wanted to renew it but given current conditions, I think my world traveling days are over for good. I have travelled all over the US, Canada, Europe and many places in Asia and India but I doubt ever again....

Tamagno

191 this morning.

Another pump occlusion this morning. This is my third recently and something that never used to happen. Can't seem to figure out what's up as nothing has changed.

Got my second surveillance camera all connected yesterday and ready to mount outside on the deck. This is the second one made by Wyze that I've gotten and I'm really impressed with them. They're only about $40/ea. whereas the name brands are $300 and up. Among the cool things you can do is to set it up for time lapse recording that'll be fun. Mostly though, I'm interested in keeping an eye on bears, etc. My new one is wireless and designed to be outdoors so it should be good for that.

Wally, I'm impressed you managed stick shift with a busted hip; especially in a truck that likely had longer throws for the clutch and shifter than a sedan.