You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

125 this morning.

The autoCAD software remain something of a mystery to me, though I suppose it's something if used frequently becomes accessible. Clearly, the 3D printers aren't yet something for casual use or the casual user. I expect the impression of many people is that it's simply a matter of taking a picture of something and feeding it into the printer.

I managed to walk around a bit outside yesterday with the PT and just my cane which is great. I expect gradually to be able to use just the cane. I'm on the way.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

93 this morning.

Tamagno - I am glad you have progressed to being able to walk outside.  It isn't easy as sometimes the ground isn't completely level.  Hope you enjoy some nice Fall weather.

My last and favorite Auntie passed away yesterday.  I have many good memories of her but right now, I'm feeling quite sad.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  Still hot with a high of 111° yesterday and the same predicted today.  It should start to cool down just a bit after today but still over 100°.
I'm off shortly to an appointment with my Dermatologist and I have a rather ugly bump on my ear so I'll have to see what he thinks of that.

Grammabear, sorry for your loss.

Yeah, the 3D printer isn't just something you can use without some knowledge but it is also not near as hard as it may seem.  There are thousands of things that have been created by others and posted on line.  They are files that you just download and send to your printer and it prints.  That is what I have done with my first two prints.
If your CAD program will save a file as .stl it will work with a 3D printer.  There are also other file formats that are compatible, 3D Model Files (STL, OBJ, 3MF): Output from CAD Software  Using a CAD program is only necessary if you want to design your own thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this hazy morning.

75° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 91°/53°. Lately the forecasts are off, I'm not sure why...

So sorry for your loss Kathy.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

109 this morning.

Sorry to learn about your loss Kathy. I have quite a few favourite aunts myself and I lost one of them last Sept. I know how you feel.

Wally, do upload pictures of the finished products.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

118 this morning.

A very sad loss, Grammabear...

Well, critters ate the last of our rather pitiful tomato crop of this year. There won't be any good tomatoes for another year.

I sat outside on our deck yesterday in the sun and enjoyed soaking up the heat. I think this must have been the strangest summer I can remember. Sort of reminds me of being a kid and getting the mumps or something over summer break; hardly feels like there's been a real summer.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Tamagno - I agree that this has been a strange summer.  On the rare times we do go out to the grocery store, it seems like everyone is so afraid of even acknowledging someone at the store.  Everything is curbside pickup, even food from a restaurant.  Occasionally we would go to a small, nearby town and eat at their only restaurant.  Now, IF you want to eat there, you have to call ahead and carry your food home to eat it.  The year 2020 is a very odd year.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  109° for a high yesterday and around the same for today.  You really don't want to be sitting outside in the sun here and it really feels like Summer.   ~hot~ 
Right now there are more than 500 wildfires in the state of California  and resources are getting thin.  The high heat and many, many lightening strikes have caused a lot of problems.  Hopefully it will improve and the weather will get better.  Sadly there have been homes and lives lost.

Yeah SKB, I will take some pictures and post them.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this smoky morning.Thanks to CA's wildfires! It was really bad yesterday, better so far today. It must be really terrible there!

Yesterday's high was 84°, today's forecast is 84°/51°.

This definitely has been an odd summer. And a tragic one for so many people. I will be so glad when Covid has run its course.

I think Kitty is lurking, his food dish has been emptied overnight the last few days and yesterday the wet food was eaten mid afternoon. He's not coming out when I call him and not lounging in the sun yet. Hopefully he will get back to normal soon.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on August 22, 2020, 09:56:15 AMTamagno - I agree that this has been a strange summer.  On the rare times we do go out to the grocery store, it seems like everyone is so afraid of even acknowledging someone at the store.  Everything is curbside pickup, even food from a restaurant.  Occasionally we would go to a small, nearby town and eat at their only restaurant.  Now, IF you want to eat there, you have to call ahead and carry your food home to eat it.  The year 2020 is a very odd year.

That is so true. And this is going to cause so much more socio-economic and political turmoil. We are having flash points with China at our northern borders and with the US is having some tension with them in the South China Sea. War clouds are hovering.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

98 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

106 this morning.

SKB, I was aware of problems brewing in the south China seas for some time but beyond the on-going problems with Tibet didn't know there was conflict there as well. China always plays a very "long game" that often makes their intentions hard to read. It's always been interesting to me that India has managed to avoid much of the communist revolutionary turmoil that's plagued so much of Asia.

BigSkyGal, I suspect that if I left cat food out I'd mostly succeed in attracting raccoons and skunks. Hopefully Kitty figures out how lucky she is to have you there and that she's got a steady supply of food.

Grammabear

97 this morning.

I had a most unwelcome surprise last evening, sometime around 8:00 p.m.  My pump quit working earlier in the evening and did not give me an audible alert.  My bg soared to 287 and the cgm did not alert me either.  I would not have known anything until bedtime if I had not checked my bg via the blood sugar monitor.  I called Tandem to check with them how to handle this situation.  It turned out that this type of situation can happen but is rare.  They cautioned me to watch the pump carefully for the next few days and to contact them promptly should I have further trouble.  My pump warranty expires Oct 7th so I will definitely be considering getting a new one.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  It continues to be hot with the high around 106° for the next week and then it is supposed to cool down a bit.  Wildfires are continuing to be a major problem with over 1 million acres burned in the state so far.  We are getting a lot of smoke here and it is a problem in many areas.
Grammabear, that is not a good thing.  I hope it is resolved soon.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

111 this hazy morning.

Yesterday's high was 79°, today's forecast is 91°/55°. I don't have a lot of confidence in the forecasts lately...and I'm really hoping today's is wrong!

Still no sightings of Kitty, but as you suggested Tamagno, last night I was visited by a skunk. It is possible it or a raccoon has been eating the food at night. It also doesn't help that my next door neighbor has two of his grown kids camping in the back yard with 3 little grand kids and 3 more dogs (plus his makes 4) running free all over, poor Kitty's peaceful hideout is not peaceful now.  :(

Grammabear, I hope you get things fixed soon. That is not a good situation at all.