You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

91 today morning.

Kathy, It is a good idea to ask for a free replacement while the warranty is till in place.

John, we had a skirmish with the Chinese in mid June where 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a hand to hand combat as we have a treaty with them to not use any guns. How many Chinese were lost remains hidden. Various sources put that figure from 35-100. Many rounds of talks have taken place but the issue still remains hot. These are vast uninhabited areas and the Chinese keep intruding in small patches every year. The trigger this time around was Indian infrastructure build up close to the border. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

79 this morning.

Heavens, Grammabear, certainly not something you want to discover before bed! Do you have emergency pens to use while Tandem gets things straightened out?

SKB, I'd not heard about the incident at the border, but we get very little news from your part of the world. Looks like China has decided to make territory grabs piecemeal as opportunities present. What little I hear about China is that they've got plenty of their own problems dealing with population and food so you'd think they'd focus on those woes before annexing yet more land. Hard to tell, I suppose.

Heat and humidity are the order of the day here. I'm headed to see the orthopedic surgeon this morning and am hoping to get the go ahead for driving.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

John - I almost always have syringes at the ready in case of emergency.  My pen prescription expired and syringes are really easy to buy in limited quantities at most pharmacies.  Pump is currently working again, but I am keeping a really close eye on it.

Wally - Those wildfires in your state sound frightening.  Are they close to where you live?

Barbara - Maybe Kitty has other places that feed feral cats, at any rate I hope he returns soon.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

72 this morning.  A couple of degrees cooler yesterday with a high of 104° and it looks like that will be the same today and all week with a bit more cooling starting Saturday and we may even get below 100° next week.
Grammabear, the fires are not that close to here, nearest one is about 70 miles away, but close enough that the smoke can be a problem.  All of the smoke from California and Arizona and Nevada is heading East so many states are seeing a lot of smoke, just ask Barbara.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Another 111 this smoky morning.

82° was the high yesterday, the only good thing I can say about all the smoke is that I think it is keeping the temperature down by blocking the sun.

My son is fighting the CZU fire near Pescadero park I think he said. I don't understand the naming of these fires. I told him we had so much smoke here I can't even see the mountains around me, he laughed and said we could have more if we wanted, they had plenty. I am so proud of the work both my kids do, but in these time I really worry for both of their safety.

I thought Kitty was back yesterday as I saw a little gray kitty drinking the water I put out, but it wasn't my Kitty and it bolted as soon as I talked to it. I wonder if it is an offspring of my Kitty's? It looked so much like him. No skunks last night thank goodness.

Grammabear, I hope you can get your pump situation fixed soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on August 24, 2020, 12:31:14 PMAnother 111 this smoky morning.

82° was the high yesterday, the only good thing I can say about all the smoke is that I think it is keeping the temperature down by blocking the sun.

My son is fighting the CZU fire near Pescadero park I think he said. I don't understand the naming of these fires. I told him we had so much smoke here I can't even see the mountains around me, he laughed and said we could have more if we wanted, they had plenty. I am so proud of the work both my kids do, but in these time I really worry for both of their safety.

I thought Kitty was back yesterday as I saw a little gray kitty drinking the water I put out, but it wasn't my Kitty and it bolted as soon as I talked to it. I wonder if it is an offspring of my Kitty's? It looked so much like him. No skunks last night thank goodness.

Grammabear, I hope you can get your pump situation fixed soon.

Barbara - Those fires in California frighten me as much as the tornadoes that come and go in our area.  Will pray for your son and all the firefighters that help keep homes and lives safe.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

52 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I'll add my prayers for your sons safety. I'm thankful that he and others do this work, but it's dangerous.

Good news from the orthopod yesterday, vis, my hip is healing well and I've got the go ahead to drive. I thought I'd start with a small drive, say to Indiana, or maybe just out to check the mail. Still, I'm thrilled!

I was supposed to see my cardiologist this morning, but his office called yesterday to cancel so no doctors today. Cool. A completely free and clear day.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Tamagno - So pleased you are cleared to drive now and happy your hip is healing well.  You must feel like you are released from confinement.  Enjoy your Doctor free day with a cup of Joe on your deck.

It is so hot and humid here, no outside activities unless you count feeding our wild bird friends.

We have to bring goods to the recycle center today.  It is a drop off only center and we don't even get out of the car.  Volunteers unload from the car trunk.  But at least we get to see other, real live "humans" for a change of pace.   ;D
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  It is just the same today as yesterday and will be the same tomorrow so no big deal.  They are getting better control of some of the fires but it is still a major problem and smoke will be nasty for a while. 
My internet is dripping out constantly for a few minutes and then back for a few minutes and I wonder if it is because the schools are all giving classes on line. 
Nothing on the schedule today and that feels good for a change. 
Good news Tamagno, sounds like you are doing quite well. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this smoky morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 78°/51°. I'll take that!

That's great news Tamagno! You are really doing well.

Thanks for the prayers for my son. It is a dangerous job but he loves it.

Still no Kitty sightings, but food is being eaten, so maybe he is around.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

114 today.

Great news Tamagno. Do take a small drive. It'll do you tons of good.

Wally how is the 3D printing coming along. I was reading about a new Indian start-up with 2 young engineers trying to do a Elon Musk here. They're making commercial space launch vehicles. Some critical parts of their engine were 3D printed by them saving them lots of $$ and time. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

79 this morning.

A bit cooler today; heat returns tomorrow. Nevertheless, I've gotten my firewood ordered and hired someone to stack it. Hopefully by the time it's cold enough to start the wood stove, I'll be able to handle the wood.

Wally, I've got three apps I use to keep an eye on my internet speed. The first two measure download and upload speeds. The first is native to my Orbi router, one is called Net Analyzer (just to be sure the Orbi reading is honest) and one is called Wi-Fi Sweet Spots that takes readings in different parts of the house. They're surprisingly consistent, but I do notice some variation throughout the day with very early morning being the fastest. Speed does go down as people use their internet and I definitely noticed a downward trend when everyone started working from home. Most often, though, when Wi-Fi is especially erratic it's related to bad weather knocking it out and/or crews working on the lines. I wonder if yours is somehow related to the current fires.

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Stay aware of any sore spots on your feet. A online friend of mine from across the pond had a BKA (below the knee amputation)because of a sore that started small and persisted.

Weather here is still very uncomfortable at 93 deg F with 88% humidity.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

74 this morning. It is just a bit cooler, about 2 degrees, but this morning our low was 72° which is about 10° cooler than previous lows so a good sign.  Wildfires in the state have now blackened over 1.25 million acres but hopefully they are getting a better handle on them. 
I am playing around with the 3D printer and have made a couple of things that are actually useful.  One is a reel holder that holds the filament reel and sits on the table instead of hanging on the gantry of the printer and takes weight off of the printer.  I am going to use my CAD program to make a replacement handle for the one that broke on my shower so I will see how that goes. 
It's amazing what is being done with industrial 3D printers.  They are using them to print with metal !
Good point Grammabear, also another reason to try to keep bg as close to normal as you can.
Tamagno, I check my internet speed once in a while and it is normally quite good.  The problem here is that it just drops out completely for a bit then comes back on.  This system was installed about 25 years ago and sold to Mediacom a few years ago.  They have not really done anything to upgrade it and there are problems that don't seem to bother them as long as they are getting paid.  Unfortunately there isn't any other option except satellite or DSL which are both not a very good replacement.  Right now it is working just fine so I hope it will continue.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

106 this almost clear sky morning. Late to post got out early to run my errands.

72° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/51°. It was fairly clear this morning, but the wind changed and now the smoke is pouring back in.