You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

92 this morning.

Wally, we never used to lose power until a number of years back they came through and updated everything. Perhaps just coincidental...

Looks to be a pretty decent day here neither too warm nor too cold.

I'm gradually putting away handicap things and returning the house to normal. I get tired of having all those reminders plus all the clutter. It'll be awhile yet before I can put the walker away, but I'm getting there.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

Our weather is 63 deg F today with 73% humidity.  This is considerably more comfortable than in recent weeks.  We were able to turn off the A/C and enjoy fresh air in the house.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

73 this morning.  Our temp. remains about the same with a high of 101° yesterday and around the same today.  It still looks like it will be warming up heading into Labor Day.
On the other hand humidity here is around 10% so the swamp cooler is working quite well. 
Tamagno, about 6 years ago the electrical system serving the town had become unable to handle the growth and when air conditioning use, which is really necessary here, was in heavy use there were lots of blackouts.  Our supplier, Southern California Edison made a major upgrade to the local system and since we have had pretty good service.  any areas in Southern California aren't as lucky and when there is a heat wave they have rolling blackouts and lose power for a couple of hours off and on. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this almost clear blue sky morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is for an even cooler 71°/44°.

Glad to hear you are getting closer to normal Tamagno.

I'm going to be very late posting tomorrow as I have to go up to the hospital and have an MRI of my liver very early in the morning. Not looking forward to getting up early...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on August 30, 2020, 12:39:41 PMI'm going to be very late posting tomorrow as I have to go up to the hospital and have an MRI of my liver very early in the morning. Not looking forward to getting up early...

Wish you the very best with the MRI Barb.
113 today morning. It has been raining quite heavily until last night, let's hope for a drier Monday.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

122 this morning.

Hope all goes well with the MRI, BigSkyGal!

A quite chilly 51 here this morning with highs later on in the mid-70s; feeling like fall.

It's likely my firewood will be delivered and stacked this week. Today I'll call the chimney sweep and get that done as well. I'll have to check, but I probably need to have maintenance done on our heating system and order fuel oil. I'd also like to get my plumber in and have him install a new hot water heater; my current one is ancient and I don't want it going on the fritz in the middle of winter.

I'm really grateful to have assembled various good and trustworthy tradesmen over the years. Not only are they familiar with my house but I always know they'll do a good job at a fair price.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

It is great sleeping weather with a night time temperature of 60 compared to what we had several weeks ago which was 97 at midnight.

Tamagno - Yes, much better to have a new water heater installed now instead of in the middle of a "shower".  That is what happened to us and our last hot water heater.  It went out in the middle of my shower and believe me a cold shower to rinse the soap off is NOT my idea of fun.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

77 this morning.  It got to 101° yesterday but it is going to start warming up and is supposed to get to 111° next weekend so not Fall here yet.  I am noticing that it is darker in the morning and the days are getting shorter.
We are in pretty good shape here.  Our heating is with natural gas and we had a new system installed recently and a new water heater last year so should be good. 
Barbara, hope all comes out good with the MRI. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

115 this rainy morning.

71° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 62°/44° There might be a bit more rain.

Kitty made an appearance this morning! He was very hesitant to come up on the porch, but when I closed the door he did and gobbled up the wet food I put out for him. But when I got back from the Hospital and checked his dish it was completely empty! I opened up the door to call Kitty and the other gray cat bolted across the yard and up my driveway! I know it wasn't Kitty because he can barely get up the 4 steps from the ground. So I guess I have 2 visitors now.    ~ cat ~  ~ cat ~

MRI went fine, I just dislike being in that loud tube with a weight strapped across my stomach for 30 minutes. My mask was creeping up to my eyes and was very uncomfortable. Results will take a few days. Thanks for all the well wishes.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Yeah, I'm happy for you that Kitty has returned and maybe brought a friend.

Hope your results from the MRI come back good.  That test is definitely not my favorite because of the noise.

We are getting a 'teeny, tiny' bit of rain this afternoon/evening.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

You cannot view this attachment.

This is my Meow Kitty.

[attachment deleted by admin]

skb

118 today.

Things have dried up a bit with a sunny Monday.
Another skirmish on the India-China border. This time it is the Indians who took some proactive steps it is said.  :-X
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

169 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I'm glad to hear that Kitty's back and that she's brought a friend. Also, I'm sure you're happy to have the MRI done - praying for a good report!

SKB, doubtless China makes for an anxiety inducing neighbor. The complexities of dealing with that are difficult and often unpredictable.

Grammabear

105 this morning.

It is 63 deg F this morning and was a beautiful sleeping night.

Barbara - Your Kitty is beautiful.  I can see why you may be concerned by his disappearance.  Really glad he is back.

I have an appointment with the GP for a diabetic check up this morning.  Not really looking forward to it as it will be the first appointment in person at her office since Covid started.  Plus she really doesn't act interested in my bg numbers or the Dexcom system.  Oh well.....
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  Another 101° yesterday and a cool 69° this morning but it is going to start warming up this week.
That is a nice looking cat Barbara, hope it stays around.
I'm sure you are glad to have the MRI over with.  I can't have an MRI because of my heart valve and that doesn't hurt my feelings. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024