You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

113 this partly cloudy morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/49°.

Yes, Kitty is quite handsome, the other cat looks very similar to him only darker. It may be it is his baby. I have only seen that cat 3 times and when it saw me it ran away at high speed. I think it might be the one cleaning out Kitty's food dish overnight.

Yes, I am really glad to have the MRI behind me. I don't know how people that are claustrophobic can get through one.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

104 today morning.

Yesterday I was home for the whole day after a long time, so I think today is going to be a busy day. Thankfully it is not raining.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

101 this morning.

Cool and rainy here today. Hope we have clear skies for a few days as my firewood comes tomorrow and the guy who stacks on Saturday.

Good day to stay in...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

91 this morning.

I had a pleasant visit at the GPs office for my 3 month diabetic check up.  The nurse's aide needs to learn how to take blood pressure though.  I was seated and she made me extend my arm straight out from the shoulder while she applied the 'automatic cuff'.  And she told me to keep the arm extended while the cuff inflated and finished working.  Predictably the final result was also "inflated" at 175/90.  When Doctor took it at the end of my visit, she used a manual cuff and we got 125/75.  Why these people they hire to work in an medical clinic cannot even do the simplest of tasks?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Just at 100° for a high yesterday but it is going to start warming up.  Higher temps are in store for all of Southern California as well as Nevada and Arizona through labor Dat.  It is supposed to be around 111° here on Monday but it is supposed to be 115° in the San Fernando Valley which is part of Los Angeles.  We are used to it but they are not.
I agree Grammabear, there doesn't seem to be much consistency from one person to another when taking blood pressure. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this breezy morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/51°. Warming trend through Labor Day.

I have about 4 boxes coming today from Amazon. It will be like Christmas!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 02, 2020, 10:34:38 AM81 this morning.  Just at 100° for a high yesterday but it is going to start warming up.  Higher temps are in store for all of Southern California as well as Nevada and Arizona through labor Dat.  It is supposed to be around 111° here on Monday but it is supposed to be 115° in the San Fernando Valley which is part of Los Angeles.  We are used to it but they are not.
I agree Grammabear, there doesn't seem to be much consistency from one person to another when taking blood pressure. 

I am always somewhat concerned when the nurses's aide writes down an especially elevated BP number.  I already take 3 medications for blood pressure and I have zero desire to take yet another.  If the Dr had not taken the BP with a manual cuff, she might have just prescribed yet another pill.  It really annoys me when the workers just don't care what they're doing.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 02, 2020, 02:07:32 PM105 this breezy morning.

79° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 82°/51°. Warming trend through Labor Day.

I have about 4 boxes coming today from Amazon. It will be like Christmas!

I had a 'combined' shipment over the last week that arrived last Saturday.  I had ordered some printer paper as I was almost out.  Silly me, I should have paid better attention to the terminology when describing the amount of paper.  I ended up with a really heavy Amazon box because there was a whole ream of printer paper.  Sigh....

Enjoy your boxes and I hope some of it might have been food for that lovely Kitty that comes to eat at your place.  :)  .... just kidding.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on September 02, 2020, 03:03:09 PMEnjoy your boxes and I hope some of it might have been food for that lovely Kitty that comes to eat at your place.  :)  .... just kidding.

Not this time, bird seed for the birdies I feed, but next order will be another case of Friskies wet food for Kitty and friend.  ~ cat ~

skb

94 today morning.

Your Amazon boxes mean a lot to us Barb.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I shop as much as I can on Amazon for just that reason. I want to support this site as much as I can. I just hope we can bring in some new blood to keep us going into the future.

skb have you heard anything lately from Shanny's son? I miss her so much!

Tamagno

108 this morning.

The chimney sweep is coming this afternoon for our annual cleaning. One more thing off the list.

Grammabear, I did something akin to your huge paper order. A number of years back I ordered what I thought were a couple boxes of sterile towelettes. Turned out to be a couple cases and I now have a lifetime supply.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

105 this morning.

The only issue I have with ordering a 'case' of most anything is the space in which to store said item.  I also did the 'towelette' thing by ordering a case.  Did not realize just how much space they occupy.

Has anyone noticed that prices of anything on Amazon can vary greatly, depending on where the seller lives?  I was looking for a particular item which I had ordered in the past but could not find this time.  I finally found it, but the seller lives in China and the lead time on said item was 6-8 weeks.  I declined and will find a more budget friendly item elsewhere on Amazon.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  It is warming up as predicted with a high of 105° yesterday and probably around 108° today.  It is supposed to start cooling down after Labor Day and then we may even get below 100° !
I print a lot so I usually order a case of printer paper at a time but I have been surprised before when I placed an order without looking carefully and receiving a lot more than I expected.  It does pay to take a little more time and make sure you are getting what you think you are ordering but sometimes I am guilty of just clicking on buy.
I usually only order items that are stocked and shipped by Amazon if I can.  Buying from a third party that is also shipping the item has no guarantee when you will get it and returns are much easier if it is shipped by Amazon. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 03, 2020, 10:53:39 AM99 this morning.  It is warming up as predicted with a high of 105° yesterday and probably around 108° today.  It is supposed to start cooling down after Labor Day and then we may even get below 100° !
I print a lot so I usually order a case of printer paper at a time but I have been surprised before when I placed an order without looking carefully and receiving a lot more than I expected.  It does pay to take a little more time and make sure you are getting what you think you are ordering but sometimes I am guilty of just clicking on buy.
I usually only order items that are stocked and shipped by Amazon if I can.  Buying from a third party that is also shipping the item has no guarantee when you will get it and returns are much easier if it is shipped by Amazon. 

Wally - Please excuse my ignorance as I am relatively new to Amazon shopping starting mostly this year, but does it always state that it is stocked and/or sold by Amazon?  I sometimes read "Amazon Choice" and never knew exactly what that means.  I would like to order more food items however there isn't that option in the area in which we live.  Some food items are available, but not others.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021