You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

114 this sunny calm morning. The wind was blowing all day yesterday, I really don[t like the wind!!

Yesterday's high was 79°, today's forecast is 87°/49°.

Yeah, I've done the over order thing too. I guess it is just something that happens. Right now I am still waiting for an item I ordered on Aug 17. It is a silicon hand sanitizer refillable wristband dispenser in purple. I think it may have been shipped from China or maybe Singapore. Shipper is YunExpress. All the tracking says is "Shipped Aug 19. Nothing after that. It isn't marked Out for Delivery but it say it will arrive today. I won't be holding my breath on that.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on September 03, 2020, 01:56:12 PMWally - Please excuse my ignorance as I am relatively new to Amazon shopping starting mostly this year, but does it always state that it is stocked and/or sold by Amazon?  I sometimes read "Amazon Choice" and never knew exactly what that means.  I would like to order more food items however there isn't that option in the area in which we live.  Some food items are available, but not others.

Grammabear, on the far right column on the item listing just below the yellow Set Up Now button it says in small print either or both "Fullfilled by Amazon" "Sold by Amazon". Fullfilled it the thing you want as much as possible.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

walkerwally1

Yeah, just like Barbara said you have to look at that square on the right to see if it is going to ship from Amazon or the third party seller.
You cannot view this attachment.

In this case it is sold by a third party seller but it is shipping from an Amazon warehouse.

You cannot view this attachment.

In this case it is being sold and shipping from a third party seller.  The problem here is that you have no idea where the seller is shipping from or how long it will take.  This one may not be too bad because it is prime and delivery is stated but many don't have that. 

I usually look for "fulfilled by Amazon" or "ships from Amazon" if I can.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Wow  ;) I never knew all those tips about ordering from Amazon.  Thank You both, Barbara and Wally, for your patience in explaining the 'obvious' to me.   ;D
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on September 03, 2020, 07:36:58 PMWow  ;) I never knew all those tips about ordering from Amazon.  Thank You both, Barbara and Wally, for your patience in explaining the 'obvious' to me.   ;D

It is not so "obvious" it comes from years of buying on Amazon and the sum total of your bad experiences.

It appears my hand sanitizer wrist band is "lost" so tomorrow I will be applying for a refund. This happened with hand wipes I bought early on in the Covid days...they never came.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on September 02, 2020, 11:58:20 PMskb have you heard anything lately from Shanny's son? I miss her so much!

Not since I last posted in the other thread. I will send him another message on FB and get updates if any.

96 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

164 this morning.

Overseas shipping can be problematic whether it's from Europe or Asia. In both cases I've had interminable waits; occasionally, I've stumbled on something that's extremely well made and useful and times I've gotten junk. In any case, it's easier and more reliable to order the "ships from" stuff.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

81 this morning.

Ordering from Amazon seems to be a learning experience both good and not so good.  Earlier this year I ordered Cetaphil body wash and waited a long time before I got notice that it was not coming and I would be issued a refund.  Then about two days later, the postman delivered it.  Go figure.  I have noticed that the USPS is delivering a good bit of Amazon's orders for me.  Even though the item may be eligible for PRIME, it still comes USPS.

Weather here is 55 deg F here today so far.  Very pleasant weather to paint - which is what my husband is doing.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Weather wise, hotter today than yesterday and hotter tomorrow than today.  It is supposed to start cooling down after Monday.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 again this blue sky morning.

80° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 94°/55°. It is supposed to be even warmer tomorrow then will cool down with the possibility of....Snow! on Monday night. Yup snow, it will probably only be in the mountains though.

I went to cancel my Amazon order and it wouldn't let me as there is now a new delivery date Sept 4 to 9. Again, I won't be holding my breath.

I had to go out to the PO to pick up my strips so made a quick run into the grocery store. I was appalled at the number of people not wearing masks! None of the clerks or store staff had masks on and the vast majority of customers were maskless too.  What is wrong with people? Do they think that because it is the start of a holiday weekend they don't have to follow the rules?

skb

98 as fasting to day morning.

We buy a lot from Amazon. It is a pity that our site's account cannot be linked to multiple Amazon sites and that our own purchases do not qualify. Surprisingly Amazon has refunded our purchases a couple of times, while at the same time delivering the items. The amount goes to Amazon Pay balance and can be used for other purchases.  ;)
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

OK, I have to vent/rant... my DD that I love to the world and beyond is turning the screws about the move she wants me to make. Yesterday she texts me she wants to FaceTime once a week to go through boxes to help decide what to off load. *? Make no mistake, I love my DD forever, but I am not feeble in need of help and this just hurts my heart. Why does she think she needs to help me go through my things? i have no answer. I know she loves me but I am hurt by this push to get rid of my things and move where she wants me to. Arrrrggg

Tamagno

142 this morning.

BigSkyGal, it's been my experience that even those closest to us sometimes want to help in ways unwanted or unneeded. Depending on how insistent they become it can definitely be problematic.

A busy day here today as firewood is being delivered plus guys are coming to stack it. Yesterday I had a new hot water heater installed (my old one was 30+ years old) so things are moving along toward being ready for winter...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Bigskygal - Perhaps ask your DD "why do you feel the need to remove my freedom of choice before it is time"?  You may have to tell her you 'like' it where you are living.

Tamagno - I hope you are enjoying your new water heater.  Have you found it heats faster than the old one?  That was one thing we noticed when we replaced the old with the new.  The speed at which the hot water faucet gave us hot water was very nice.

Wally - Hopefully the weather that is coming to your area will be cooler and more pleasant.  How are the wildfires now?

skb - Have you noticed that Amazon deliveries have slowed because of the Covid virus?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We got to 109° yesterday and it should be the same today and tomorrow band Monday but then we will see a cooldown.  Not cold, but maybe under 100°.  I see that the Jet Stream is going to drop starting Tuesday for some states around the Rockies, like where Barbara lives, and temps could drop 70° in one day and some areas may see up to a foot of snow !   
Grammabear, there are two large fires still burning out of control but most are contained.  This weekend there is a significant danger because of the extreme heat and high winds in some areas.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024