You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

119 this mostly sunny morning.

42° was the high yesterday as predicted. Forecast for today is high of 45° and overnight low of 29°. Mild weather for this time of year...hope I didn't just jinx us.

Grammabear, hope your healing goes quickly.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

68 this morning.

Grammabear, filling those reservoirs is awkward and I'm impressed you could manage it. I'd say it bodes well once everything is healed.

Not much doing up here for now; a state of affairs having much to be said for it. Looks like a good day to make a new batch of tomato soup.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

116 this morning.

It is a good day to stay inside and get caught up on house chores OR a good day to relax in an easy chair.

Any day is a good day for a nap especially if there are no doctor appointments.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Looking forward to a warm weekend but then it cools down a lot Tuesday with a drop in temp. of about 20° although I know some of you would consider that warm right now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this partly cloudy morning.

42° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is a high of 48° with overnight low of 37°.

Yes, for sure, Grammabear, any day without a dr appointment is a great day to relax and take a nap!!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on January 31, 2020, 01:56:42 PM104 this partly cloudy morning.

42° was the high yesterday. Today's forecast is a high of 48° with overnight low of 37°.

Yes, for sure, Grammabear, any day without a dr appointment is a great day to relax and take a nap!!

Barb - I remember when your kitty was with you, that some days you and the kitty would have lap time and that always seemed to me like a very good thing.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on January 31, 2020, 02:32:16 PMBarb - I remember when your kitty was with you, that some days you and the kitty would have lap time and that always seemed to me like a very good thing.

Yeah Grammabear, I really miss those lap times! I didn't get as many steps in, but it was so worth the calm and comfort of lap time. 

Right now I am feeding 2 feral cats that have been hanging around for a while. One used to torment Boo, he hisses at me and won't let me near him. I do feel guilty feeding him. The other is a new arrival, long hair orange cat, don't know sex, is very friendly even tried to bolt into the house the other night. One comes in the morning, one in the evening. I will not be letting them in the house and I do want them to be partly feral and be able to fend for themselves when I go away like to visit the kids/grands.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

Feral cats don't last long around here and I rarely see them. Anyone leaving their pet cat out for long is pretty much just feeding coyotes, I'm afraid.

Napping can be risky - the other day I nodded off with a bunch of carrots roasting in the oven; they may serve for charcoal, but not eating...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

137 this morning.

We have a number of coyotes in this part of the county.  There are so many that farmers are allowed to 'dispatch' them if they come after their dairy or feeder cows.  A coyote killed our neighbor's little dog in her own yard.  That to me is creepy because we see them during the daylight hours too and I don't want to meet up with one of them critters.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Enjoying the weather today and tomorrow but a cold front will be going through starting Sunday night and high winds are expected for all of Southern California but no rain in sight.
We had a lot of coyotes up on the mountain but here in town not so much.  Cats roam without any fear locally and our neighbors across the street have 4 or 5 of them that are outside most of the time.  I'm not aware of any feral cats around here though, they all seem to have homes.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this extremely windy morning.

49 was the high yesterday. When I got up this morning besides it being very windy, it was already 51*. High predicted 59* low 29*.

About a half hour ago the power went out...I expected as much given the wind. Power co has no idea when it will be back on as it is a downed transmission line which is not their equipment.

Re the feral cats, we do have lots of predators here so I am amazed they survive outside. My Boo was strictly an indoor cat. The little gray one has been around for years, I suspect it does have a home but just roams during the day. It is very fearful and hisses at me even as I feed him...pretty sure it is male as it used to spray the kitchen slider when Boo was there. Very sure the orange one has a home, it is sweet and even let me pet it. I think it is just getting a nighttime snack before going home. Gray kitty hasn't showed up today, I think the wind kept him home.

skb

124 this morning.

Quote from: Grammabear on February 01, 2020, 10:11:22 AMThat to me is creepy because we see them during the daylight hours too and I don't want to meet up with one of them critters.

I live in an area which is pretty close to a 3000 acre Dairy complex, which is mostly vast grasslands and some heavily wooded areas. Beyond this lies a 100 sq. km National Park. Both of these are home to around 50 panthers. From ages they have been foraging in areas which have become urbanised. Our housing complex had a nocturnal visit a couple of years ago and I had posted a video grab on DP.

Having been very interested in wild life photography and other forest programs since 1993, I was a regular visitor to the deeper Indian forests in Central India until a few years ago. From first hand experience and from what I have learnt over the years, I can safely say that;

1. All other animals are more afraid of us Homo Sapiens, than we of them.
2. Therefore they do their best to avoid us, rather than confront.
3. With their sharper senses, they see us almost always. We bump into them sometimes.
4. By any chance, in case of a face to face encounter - (a) Don't show fear (b) Don't crouch or cower (c) Maintain eye contact and (d) Retreat slowly while facing them. Give them a chance and they will be the first to disappear.   
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I have a lynx that  comes through here about 2 or 3 times a year. Pretty scary, not to mention the bears that do come down into the valley. I shudder to think what I would do if I came upon one while outside.

When I lived in the Sierras in CA one night there was a loud noise and I asked DH was it him...night owl here, he was in bed watching an old movie on TV...he said no...I went to the cabin door and on the other side of the porch railing was a big ole bear! It was about 3 feet from me through the glass door...Yikes!...but like skb said, I guess when I turned on the lights and he saw me he scampered off...that could have gone so wrong in so many ways...

Tamagno

181 this morning.

Coyotes and foxes don't scare me - I've yelled many away and the same with small bears (as long as they're not momma and cub. What I don't like are mountain lions and wolves.

Some years back, SKB, I had a bobcat nesting in the back of my property and the big thing I noticed was the incredibly acrid stench. I wonder if panthers are the same as it'd make them easier to track should one care to.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 02, 2020, 06:48:21 AMSome years back, SKB, I had a bobcat nesting in the back of my property and the big thing I noticed was the incredibly acrid stench. I wonder if panthers are the same as it'd make them easier to track should one care to.

Yes, if you get too close to their staying quarters, there's bound to be a stench from all the leftovers, plus, all animals do "stink" for us, as a much well-kempt species.

In the summer of 1998 I was responsible for conducting the animal census in one of our larger Tiger reserves. In all we were 5+20 forest staffers handling a 600+ sq. km park, completely locked in. Nobody comes in and no one goes out, for a week, unless in an emergency.

One night we heard Deer alarm calls in close proximity to where we were located and went to check out that area at first light. True enough, an old male tiger who was resident in the area had killed a Sambar (a Swamp Deer) and eaten part of it. I decided to park myself (with 2 others) on a tree-top overlooking the kill for the next night. A tiger continues to feast on a kill for a week to 10 days, until other scavengers get the better of him.

We built a small make shift machan on a fork of a tree right above the Deer carcass. I had a video camera which worked pretty well in the low light conditions and was hopeful of some breath-taking footage. The poor tiger made an appearance 3 times during the night but did not come to eat because of our presence. That made us feel pretty guilty, but the stench from the dead deer was so terrible, that we could not shake it off for the next few days.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH