You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

122 today morning.

Quote from: Tamagno on September 14, 2020, 05:35:17 AMSKB, I'd think that monsoon season would be hard on infrastructure things like electrical wires and roads, etc. Of course, India's had monsoons for thousands of years so I guess things have been built to accommodate that.

The power distribution is all through underground cables and that is well taken care of, but the roads are a mess especially during the rains. Small potholes start appearing and then growing, but to be fair, the authorities do attend to them as soon as is possible. The quality of the roads in our city is pretty bad when compared to the rest of the world. That is an area that needs a lot of work.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I wasn't in India during the monsoon season, but a couple of the hotels our group stayed in had watermarks on the walls of the halls at least a foot+ up which was amazing and kind of scary. Is that normal or was it an unusual time? I was there in 2000.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

158 this morning.

As a kid, the river in town (Ohio River) flooded every year like clockwork. It was an awful mess for people who lived in town with mud having to be cleaned out everywhere. My grandfather used it as an opportunity to go out in his rowboat and replace any broken or burned out bulbs in the street lamps on the Main Street. Everyone just accepted it until it finally was fixed with a series of levies.

In my backyard, my trout stream floods once a year or so. My house is high enough above it that it's never gotten to the house, however when it recedes it's worthwhile to go out and collect the small trout that ended up in my yard. Perhaps the easiest method of catching trout "brookies" I know of.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on September 15, 2020, 02:43:45 AMI wasn't in India during the monsoon season, but a couple of the hotels our group stayed in had watermarks on the walls of the halls at least a foot+ up which was amazing and kind of scary. Is that normal or was it an unusual time? I was there in 2000.

Which place or area was this. That happened once in areas adjoining Mumbai because of a cloudburst and a dam breaking down. But this is not a regular feature, I can assure you.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

68 this morning - after a low of 50 around 4:30 a.m.

We have had almost 5 inches of rain in the past week.  This is more than we received all of June and July and most of August.  They don't call it the monsoon season, but if this pattern continues, they just might start doing so.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

78 this morning.  It looks like we will be under 100° for a few days at least and maybe longer.  It doesn't exactly feel like Fall but it is nice.
Since we don't get a lot of rain here we don't have a very robust storm drain system in this town so when there is a substantial downpour the streets can become flooded but not to the point that property will be affected.  That doesn't happen very often.
Off in a bit to the dentist for a couple of fillings.  Not cavities or decay but just replacing worn enamel so no drilling and pretty easy.  I have had this done on a couple of teeth before. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 15, 2020, 10:34:38 AM78 this morning.  It looks like we will be under 100° for a few days at least and maybe longer.  It doesn't exactly feel like Fall but it is nice.
Since we don't get a lot of rain here we don't have a very robust storm drain system in this town so when there is a substantial downpour the streets can become flooded but not to the point that property will be affected.  That doesn't happen very often.
Off in a bit to the dentist for a couple of fillings.  Not cavities or decay but just replacing worn enamel so no drilling and pretty easy.  I have had this done on a couple of teeth before. 

Wally - Do I understand you that you are having worn enamel replaced at the dentist office?  The hygienist mentioned that to me at my last visit, but she said nothing about how it was done or the cost as we don't have insurance.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

103 this smoky morning.

It only got up to 68° yesterday, a far cry from the predicted 87°. Today's forecast is 82°/42°. I'd be surprised if it gets there with the heavy smoke cover we have.

skb, I don't remember what city it was that I saw the watermarks, we were all over India and it was 20 years ago. I just remember the impression it made on me.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on September 15, 2020, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 15, 2020, 10:34:38 AM78 this morning.  It looks like we will be under 100° for a few days at least and maybe longer.  It doesn't exactly feel like Fall but it is nice.

Wally - Do I understand you that you are having worn enamel replaced at the dentist office?  The hygienist mentioned that to me at my last visit, but she said nothing about how it was done or the cost as we don't have insurance.

Yes, that is exactly what I had done.  It is a pretty simple procedure and you don't need to be numbed as there is no drilling.  There is a bit of "roughing up" the area  but it doesn't take long.  I don't know the cost as I do have insurance so my co-pay was just $20 for the two but I don't think it would be too expensive.  I have an exam twice a year and the dentist made the call that it should be done.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

112 today.

The storm water drainage for the city has been very well designed and made starting from the British times. Population explosion though hampers that.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

skb, please, I don't fault anything in your infrastructure, I was just amazed/floored at the watermarks on the walls that the locals attributed to the monsoons. Maybe they were covering their failures?...

Sweety

122 fasting reading today.

With the metformin and some diet control the readings are creeping back into the older normal again.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

71 this morning.

Decidedly chilly here this morning and while we should get up to nearly 70 today, it sure doesn't feel very warm.

I've taken to roasting those small cheese slices you can get in the oven just on parchment paper. You wind up with a very tasty snack that's crunchy but with no more carbs than whatever is in the cheese. You have to watch it closely so it doesn't burn, but as it bubbles it becomes lacy and an interesting texture. I was surprised to find that the pepper jack I tried seemed spicier after roasting than before.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

86 this morning.

Tamagno - I've never tried 'roasting' cheese slices.  Do you use a certain oven temperature?

We are hoping to have a BBQ cookout this weekend with both our sons and grandson if the weather permits.  It seems that time has passed quickly and we are approaching our 50th wedding anniversay.  Neither of us are interested in a big celebration, so a cookout is what we came up with.  Just hoping it doesn't rain.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  I am enjoying the weather here right now although I'm sure most of you would find it too hot at 99° for here it is nice and good for cooking outside.
You're doing good Sweety, keep it up.
Tamagno, I like pepper jack but never thought to try to roast it.  I have done that with cheddar and like it.
Grammabear, hope you have great weather for the cook out.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024