You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

107 this smoky morning.

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is a more reasonable 78°/42°.

Tamagno, I haven't done that with cheese in a long time. Thanks for reminding me, I used to do it a lot with cheddar and also parmesan.

Grammabear, Congratulations! I hope you have good weather for your celebration.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

112 again today morning.

Sweety that is indeed great progress. If you keep up with the plan I'm sure the numbers will improve more.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

211 this morning.

I'm late posting as I was reluctant to get out of bed - I knew my CGM sensor had literally fallen off just as I was going to bed and that I'd also need to change my insertion set first thing. Not that either is so onerous, I was just being lazy.

A family cookout for your 50th anniversary sounds great, Grammabear. Even if you don't have quite 80 degree weather, it'll still be great fun.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

86 this morning.

Tamagno - I know the 'feeling' about not wanting to get out of bed.  My CGM sensor which I just inserted yesterday, decided to alarm at around 4 a.m. with a low of 55 and a down arrow.  Duh....I reluctantly got up, checked my blood glucose only to find the CGM was about 40 points off.  I calibrated and went back to bed albeit a little disgruntled.  Cgm's are good when they work correctly most of the time and absolutely horrid when they don't.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Weather wise it is same today as yesterday and same tomorrow as today, in other words, nothing new.  There is still some smoke here and the sun looks orange again but not as bad as it could be.  I understand that smoke from the West Coast fires has reached the East Coast now.  We have one fire near Pasadena that is at 80 square miles now and only 3% contained.  Hoping that weather will help the effort to contain these beasts.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

120 this smoky morning. Boy, I sure hope CA gets some rain soon to help put out those fires! I haven't seen the mountains around my house for days! Air Quality still Unhealthy...

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 78°/46°.

Tomorrow is errand day, not looking forward to being out in the smoke...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

115 today morning.

No cookouts this side of the world. It's raining on and off the whole day long. The grass (more like weed) is all over. So stay put at home, quiet dinners, and then some Netflix or other channels. Which reminds me that, when Pink Floyd came out with "The Wall" we were amazed at the line "I've got 14 channels of $hit to choose from", since we had just the one B&W govt channel. And now ??? Is there any count ? 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

127 today morning. In the same bracket but slightly up.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

156 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I'm wondering if you ever got to the bottom of your elevated liver levels. My oncologist is now telling me the same thing, but I can't imagine why that would be coming up now; more tests, naturally.

Grammabear, so much for never having to calibrate G6, right? Always have been suspicious of that claim.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

74 this morning.

Tamagno - G6 usually doesn't have to be calibrated or at least not as often.  However I find the occasional sensor that is SO off the mark so to speak, that I am more comfortable doing a calibration.  This happens most often during the first 24-48 hours.

Today is 54 deg F and sunshine.  Typical temperatures and weather for the Autumn season.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Weather looks good for the rest of the month with highs in the mid to low 90s.  Now if the smoke would clear out it would be great.  Rain would be great but there is none in sight for southern California.
Barbara, I think you are getting more smoke than we are here. Two large fires are only about 70-75 miles from here.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this smoky morning. This smoke is really getting me down. Not going out today for errands, it is just too smoky.

68° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 75°/51° with a chance of rain late night. I hope so, maybe it will drive the smoke away for a while.

Tamagno, my liver levels have been high for years and years. No real explanation, the drs say things that might happen, but I've never had any symptom they said. No news re the MRI so I guess nothing serious found.

skb

105 this morning.

After a long time our Shooting Range has opened up and we are going to meet with old friends today. Not for shooting but just a get-together.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

High this morning (the result of indulging in fruit in my overnight smoothie).

BigSkyGal, I'll let you know if I find out anything about my high liver levels - I'm quite sure I never have alcohol, so I don't get it.

The fruit I had in my smoothie yesterday, especially the banana, was wonderfully delicious. Haven't eaten any real fruit in many years and somehow thought I might get away with it; no such luck, sadly. Back to my original recipe today, I suppose.

Grammabear

77 this morning.

Tamagno - The only way I get by with eating a banana is if they are a tad green as far as ripeness goes.  Otherwise I am like you and my meter gives me 'nasty' readings.  I sometimes try frozen berries in my smoothie as well as protein powder.  Its hard to find things low carb that work well in a smoothie.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021