You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

74 this morning.  Wildfires are still the big news around here :

More than 7,900 wildfires have burned more than 5,300 square miles (13,727 square kilometers) in California this year, including many since a mid-August barrage of dry lightning ignited parched vegetation.

One fire that started on the slopes just above Pasadena has gone all the way up the mountain and back down the other side and is now nearing the desert on this side of the mountains.  It is still only about 20% contained and high winds are making it very hard to fight.   This is the closest fire to here right now but still about 75-80 miles away and the wind is taking the smoke East so not bad here. 

I just stay away from fruit.  I can't manage to deal with any so I just decided to avoid it a long time ago.  I tried some different kinds like blue berries with no luck so I just gave up.

I have had high liver levels also and I have had more tests and an abdominal ultrasound with no reason discovered.  I just wonder what the readings really mean.  Are the "normal" levels correct ? 

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

125 this rainy, smoky morning. Little dietary indiscretion last evening, I didn't get away with it either Tamagno.

Yesterday's high was 65°, today's forecast is 58°/46° with rain. They say the air may clear tomorrow, I sure hope so.

I have wondered the same thing Wally. My levels have been high for about as long as I can remember with no symptoms. I too have had many ultrasounds, MRIs and assorted blood work with no real answers for why. I think I just run high and it is normal for me...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

186 this morning.

My Fitbit display is yet another reason to take some labs and glucose readings a bit less seriously, vis, my Fitbit says I slept 28 minutes last night. Similarly, lab findings vary some (okay, maybe not quite so extreme) and it's important to keep that in mind.

One of the nice features about my oncologists website is that you can view lab results over time. When something is newly out of range it starts to be a concern. What drives me up the wall is not grasping interrelationships between tests and so I can't tell what's a problem and what is ameliorated by another test.

It's downright cold here this morning in the low 30s. Don't usually start up the wood stoves until at least October, but we may want them earlier this year.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

We had a lovely time celebrating our 50th anniversary yesterday with our two sons and families.  We did the cookout and except for dessert, we pretty much stayed keto.  Both my sons follow low carb although they are not diabetic.

Our weather was 50 deg here this morning and certainly makes me wish I had an electric blanket or at the very least a mattress warmer. Love to sleep with the window open - have to find my winter blankets.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

77 this morning.  Weather here is quite nice and although I can see a big wall of smoke to the South it has not come this far and hopefully it will stay away.
Tamagno, I am kind of surprised because my Fitbit seems to keep a very good track of my sleep.  I know pretty close the time I go to sleep and when I wake up and it is right on the mark most of the time.  Once in a while it will miss when I start sleep or when I wake up but it is rare. 
Grammabear, glad you were able to do the cookout and congratulations on your 50th !   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

115 this cloudy morning. Yay the smoke is gone, for now, it is just cloudy and I can see my mountains again!

It only got to 55° yesterday and it rained most of the day. Today's forecast is 64°/39°.

DD is at it again. Now she wants me to come out and visit them. She mentioned Halloween or a weekend in Nov or one in Dec. She said her oldest daughter would be so excited to see me. Thing is I am just not comfortable yet with traveling to CA (they live in the Bay Area). And especially not comfortable with flying. I'm barely comfortable going to the grocery store here! I didn't say yes for sure, just that I would look at flights and see what I could find. But as soon as I finished texting her I realized, I couldn't do it... man she is going to be upset with me!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

133 today. Still reeling from the party at the range.

Quote from: Grammabear on September 20, 2020, 09:20:50 AMWe had a lovely time celebrating our 50th anniversary yesterday with our two sons and families.  We did the cookout and except for dessert, we pretty much stayed keto.  Both my sons follow low carb although they are not diabetic.

~cng~

My children also follow the better carb lifestyle if not LCHF and they have benefitted in terms of desirable weight etc etc.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Yes many congratulations on the day! You are both truly blessed to have all those years together. I wish for you both many more!!

Tamagno

99 this morning.

Congratulations, Grammabear! Sounds like all went well and that it was a memorable event!

Wally, my Fitbit seems to have been much more accurate lately - don't know why I'm getting some wacky sleep numbers.

I still have one more electric blanket to pull out and our nights keep getting colder.

BigSkyGal, I'm with you on flying; too many people too close and then there are the airports. I wouldn't have made that flight regardless of the flu.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

83 this morning.

Thank you to all of you for the good wishes for our anniversary.  Our sons gave us a picture taken of both of them together outside our home.  Our grandson took the picture, his Dad sent the picture via phone app to WalMart, an hour later picked up the picture in a frame and brought it home and presented it to us.  Neither of my boys live in the same state and they don't get together very often.  So, to have a picture of them as adults is something my husband and I will always treasure.

Can someone educate me on duvet covers and/or electric blankets?  It has been years since we purchased new covers and Tamagno's talk about electric blankets sounds so comforting and warm.  We like to sleep with the window open until the temperature reaches a certain point.

Barbara - You are at the point in life where you can be "true to yourself" and if you are not comfortable flying - then relax at home.  Your home sounds peaceful and I would be staying home too if I were you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  One of the largest fires going right now is the "Bobcat Fire" that started in the foothills near Pasadena on the coast side of the mountains and burned all the way up the mountains and back down the other side to the desert.  It is now over 160 square miles and with the winds and low humidity it is expected to not have full containment until the end of October.  It's not going to go far in the desert but there is a lot of forest to the East and that is where it is heading.
Tamagno, my Fitbit does miss once in a while and it either doesn't get when I start to sleep or sometimes when I wake up.  It doesn't happen often and when it does I edit that period since I know pretty well when I started sleep or when I wake up.  The interesting thing is that when I edit the start or end of my sleep it has recorded the sleep activity during that time.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

102 this mostly sunny morning. It is so nice to see blue sky again!

62° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 73°/42°. There is just a faint haze in the air, I hope it stays clear for a while it is nice to see the sun and sky. Errands today glad I waited for the clear skies.

Yeah, I am going to have to tell DD I just can't come out this year. I hope things settle down by next Summer so I will feel safe to fly.

skb

144 wake-up call received today.
After a party I did expect a rise, but this one was not expected.
Anyways, back to the grind.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

165 this morning.

Grammabear, I can't see how a duvet cover would get in the way of an electric blanket. When I was buying them, I looked all around to see if there was some extra-good brand of blankets, but have never found one. So, I buy mine straight from Walmart and they seem okay and were pretty cheap.

Wally, somewhere along the line, Fitbit has gotten their sleep sensors and algorithms so it now often adds naps to my daily sleep time. Generally, it's improved quite a lot in the Versa, but I do often puzzle over its accuracy.

Yet more cold here this morning...

Grammabear

134 this morning.

My ancient Fitbit One went through the laundry yesterday via being in the pocket of my jeans.  Fortunately it didn't get to the dryer but the really strange thing is that it still works!

I am clueless where duvets are concerned.  I see a wide array of styles and prices, so I guess I need to do more research.  I would like a mattress warmer that goes under the fitted sheet and I guess an electric blanket fits that bill.  Now I have to figure out if I can plug it into the sparse electrical outlets in our bedroom.  When our house was built many, many years ago, they were not generous in the placement of electrical outlets.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021