You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Weather is consistent right now and pretty nice.  Today is the autumnal equinox for the Northern Hemisphere so I guess it is officially Autumn.  It looks like we will have some nice weather for a bit before it turns cold.
Wow Grammabear, I am surprised the Fitbit came out of the washer and still works.  That is one for the books !
Yeah Tamagno, I rarely take a nap during the day but when I have I noticed that the Fitbit adds the time to your sleep total.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this cloudy morning.

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 67°/42°. Fall is definitely in the air.

I was going to run errands yesterday, but somehow just couldn't make myself go out. So I told myself, I'll go Tuesday...it will be Wed now. sigh

On a lighter note, Other Kitty came around late yesterday afternoon and cleaned up the rest of Meow Kitty's food. So it is hanging around in the background.  ~ cat ~

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

135 on a slow recovery slope.

It's been raining heavily here for the past two days.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

128 this morning.

Washing your Fitbit and having it survive is pretty amazing, Grammabear! On my bed I have just a mattress cover, then the electric blanket, then a fitted sheet and over that a light quilt. Between that and an oil filled, radiator-style space heater I stay plenty warm.

Over the years, our electrician has done a lot of work on our wiring starting with 200 amp service as the house came with below-standard 100 amp. Since then he's added quite a few outlets in different places and so far I've always been able to find ways of safely plugging in things like blankets and space heaters. Trying to map which fixtures are on which circuit breakers has proven nearly impossible, however, without actually rewiring the whole house (not a bad idea).

Of course, our weather is now predicting temperatures in the low 80s by the weekend, so that'll be a little reprieve from the current cold.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Today we are supposed to reach 80 deg F and that's just fine with me.  I love the Fall weather when we can have windows open at night for sleeping.

Several days ago the owner of the field behind our house harvested his soybeans.  The combine machine which did the harvest, kicked up a cloud of dust so thick you couldn't see the machine as it passed by our house and all the other homes in our neighborhood.  I think that tells us just how dry this past Summer has really been.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Weather here remains kind of stuck at about 98° for a daily high and probably for the next week.  The wind has shifted though and now we are getting a lot of smoke and some ashes from the fires. 
Since I moved to town going out and running errands is much easier.  It's only a mile to the Walmart and the grocery instead of 30 miles and if it requires a trip all the way across town it is 3 miles so not much of a big deal now. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this partly cloudy morning. The smoke is starting to come back in, ugh.

64° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 75°/46°.

The Gastroenterologist's office called yesterday, there were no changes in my MRI from the last one done a year ago. That is good news.

I did go out today after all. It is supposed to rain Thurs and Fri and I didn't want to go out then. In the grocery store a huge group of teenagers from the high school came in 20-25 kids and only one had a mask on! I quickly got the last few items I needed and got out of there as fast as I could! Note to self don't go to grocery store around lunch time.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

102 today morning. Coming down slowly but surely.

Thankfully, it is not raining this morning. The monsoons should be out anytime now, but they are surely giving a hell of a parting kick.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

My reading was 129 yesterday and 122 today morning. So I am holding strong.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

79 this morning.

Still a cool morning, but maybe a few degrees warmer than yesterday.

BigSkyGal, I'm thinking of going to CVS today and will do so early when it's quiet. Stores around here (with one exception) are growing lax and seeing people out and about without a mask is common. Reported cases continue to increase significantly in this area, so I'm being careful.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

134 this morning.

My husband and I also went to the grocery store yesterday.  There were people there without a mask in spite of a sign on the entry door requiring one when you enter.  I try to avoid being near them, but it is not easy.  Glad I don't have a lot of errands.

Barbara - Pleased you received good news from your test. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Weather here is nice but it is smoky and there is a bit of ash in the air.  That will probably be so for a while as the fire South West of here is not expected to be fully contained until the end of October.
People around here have been very good about wearing a mask and keeping distance so it is not too bad going to the store or pharmacy.  Our case count is quite low with 110 cases recorded since they started counting and 57 of those known recovered.  I am not aware of any deaths in this town so far and the population is 34,000. 
I haven't said anything about my 3D printer for a while because I broke it a while back.  In my "If it ain't broken, keep fixing it until it is" way of doing things I was trying to add a sensor for automatic bed leveling and somehow I managed to cause the main controller board to fail.  I worked for a while to finally determine that the board was the cause and I don't know how I did it but I have now installed a new main board and a nice touch screen display and it works quite well now.  Fortunately the parts are not very expensive and it gives me something to do.  Right now I am printing a new case for the display since it is different than the stock one.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

100 this cloudy windy morning.

70° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 62°/39° with rain showers.

Statewide, cases of the virus are going way up. My county isn't among the worst, but there are a few new cases every day. 2 people in my county have died. We do have a mandate to wear a mask in public. Those kids yesterday just really irritated me! And all the grown ups that don't wear a mask too.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 24, 2020, 10:48:35 AMI haven't said anything about my 3D printer for a while because I broke it a while back.  In my "If it ain't broken, keep fixing it until it is" way of doing things I was trying to add a sensor for automatic bed leveling and somehow I managed to cause the main controller board to fail.  I worked for a while to finally determine that the board was the cause and I don't know how I did it but I have now installed a new main board and a nice touch screen display and it works quite well now.  Fortunately the parts are not very expensive and it gives me something to do.  Right now I am printing a new case for the display since it is different than the stock one.

Oops. It's nice that you got that resolved. Theoretically, it should be possible to make another 3D printer with the 3D printer, right ?

111 today.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

118 today reading.

In our country the covid is growing everyday. Near to 1 lakh cases everyday.
Diabetic ?