You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

119 today morning.

4 million acres is a huge area, 16000+ sq kms. Wish that the rains come in sooner than next weekend and this thing stops.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

51 this morning.

I debated with myself over whether to go ahead and get up and eat breakfast as it's pretty early. Obviously, I decided to just get up.

Wally, I suspect most of us have little perspective about the real size of California which is really huge. Still, when we hear of millions of acres burning it's pretty alarming; more so to those living there.

BigSkyGal, the salt I'm referring to is called Red Boat Salt (I'll just join you in that rabbit hole a bit). At $20 for nine ounces it ain't cheap, but then a tiny bit goes a long way. I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

I was taught in Boy Scouts that "anything's edible once" and have taken it to heart as I'll at least try most anything. I do draw the line at tripe (though I have eaten it once) and I can't imagine eating chitlins. Don't know what I'd do if faced with Durian or insects as well as a whole panoply of foods that might be encountered in much of Asia.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Sweety

My readings were 114 today morning and 119 yesterday morning.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

109 this morning.

Sweety - You are doing well with your numbers.  It is not easy, but you will benefit from good numbers.  Happy for you.

It is 46 deg F this morning and a low of 39 deg F for this evening.  It looks like Autumn is here and that 'other' season isn't far behind.  Time for warmer clothing and cup of coffee along with that.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

75 this morning.  Weather same/same this weekend but it is supposed to start cooling down a bit next week.  I really wouldn't mind more Fall like weather.
Yes, California is pretty big but 4 million acres is a lot, about the size of the state of Connecticut.  There is still a lot of forest land untouched but I think this is a record. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this cool smoky morning. It is really smoky out again.

69° was the high yesterday. It was 40° when I got up at 9:15, today's forecast is 73°/40°.

Thanks for the name of the brand Tamagno! I'm going down the rabbit hole again. I love anchovies, I have some in a jar in oil and a tube of the paste that I use frequently, can't wait to try the salt.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

120 today morning.

We've been having thundershowers since 6 pm last evening and all the way into the early morning today. It's a lot cooler today as a result of all the rain.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

48 this morning.

Wally, I sure didn't realize you all's fires were that big - while Connecticut's considered a small state, that's still a huge area. Hope it gets under control.

BigSkyGal, I use anchovies a lot just to add their "umami" to various dishes. People eating my cooking aren't even aware they're there, but they add so much. I don't think I've ever had fresh caught anchovy (if I have, it would have been in Italy) but I'd love to try them. Next time you're in that grocery aisle, you might try a can of mackerel which is also good.

It's downright cold here this morning with lows this morning in the mid-30s. Looks like it might be a nice day, but not very warm.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

The temperature here this morning is 41 deg F which is not exactly a heat wave.  We took our AC units out of the windows, closed the windows and turned on the heat for the first time this Fall season.  It feels pretty cozy in here so far.

We bought a package of fresh pork chops and the butcher packaged them with some kind of special juice which sounded like au jous (have no clue what that is but boy was it delicious after I cooked them).  It was our first time trying something different and it was a really nice surprise.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  I had a burger last night with the bun so a bit higher than usual but still OK.  Another 100° day yesterday but it is supposed to start cooling down a bit now.  They are predicting that we will be at 80° next weekend.
Yeah, California is pretty large and there is a lot of forest land but still 4 million acres is a lot.  I checked the conversion and that is equal to 6250 square miles or 16,187 square Kilometers.  They are still burning but much more contained so hopefully things will get better.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this cool smoky morning. 40° again when I got up.

68° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 75°/39°. The geese are starting their escape from the North.

I'll look for mackerel when I go to the grocery store next time. I acquired a taste for canned sardines when we were in Portugal and went into shops that sold nothing but tinned sardines in all sorts of flavors. DH hated all kinds of fish so they were all mine.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

118 today morning.

We had a drier Sunday. Looks like it is going to stay that way.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

Thank you grammabear. Today my reading was 115  :)
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

130 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I bet that Portuguese canned fish was delicious - I doubt much finds its way here, but I've been seeing a fair bit about it in various cooking blogs.

I don't know if any of you are paying very close attention to Apple's latest update, iOS 14, but I'm now using it and it seems fine. A caveat, however, there's a lot of hype surrounding putting widgets on your Home Screen, but after much frustration, I discover two things about it: you have to be using the small icon setting and the big one is that only those apps who've updated their software to iOS 14 standards can be put there. So, your Dexcom Follow/Share can't be there, Microsoft ToDoist can't be there, Fitbit can't be there, etc., etc. Any apps that can be used can be altered interestingly, but I've set it aside until it's more widely adapted by developers.

Grammabear

84 this morning.

I started having trouble with the Fitbit app long before I tried downloading and installing iOS 14.  The fitbit app would tell me I should be meditating, practicing memory exercises, and increasing my sleep time.  I have a cpap machine so I know just exactly how much time I spent sleeping.  I got so upset with the Fitbit app I deleted it from my phone completely.

It is downright cold at our place today at 39 deg F.  The sun is shinning though and that is always a good thing.

My pump had an occlusion last night, so it stopped insulin delivery.  This is the second time in the last month it has done that.  I wish it would not do it, it causes me all manner of distress.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021