You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

85 this morning.

Up early this morning and eating as that fasting number is likely going down if I don't. At this point, I figured I might as well get up for the day.

This morning I've got to get labs for my oncologist who's concerned over rising liver levels - of course, I don't drink so I'm not sure why that would be. Maybe they'll have settled down this time.

Grammabear, I hope your tests come back okay. It's amazing how we can be hanging around not doing anything outrageous and then something pops up seemingly out of nowhere. Clearly, lifestyles aren't the only things affecting health.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

107 this morning.

There were 27 new cases of Covid in our county yesterday.  It seems to be making a comeback, if it ever receded a little? 

Yes, Tamagno things do seem to pop up out of nowhere.  My blood sugar numbers are going nuts.  Yesterday for breakfast all I had was 2 scrambled eggs with maybe 2 link sausages and my post prandial blood sugar was 190, and it started pre prandial at 95.  Go figure.  I know these tests really have me concerned. 

Todays weather is going to be perfect, sunny and a high of 72.  Have an orthotic shoe appointment because they need adjusting.  Very sore spot on the side of my foot.  Have a good day all.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  It continues to cool down a little bit each day and for me highs around the mid 90s is nice.  May even get into the 80s by the weekend.

Grammabear, I hope the tests come out OK for you.  It can be kind of worrying before you get any answers but the sooner that something is discovered the sooner something can be done to correct it. 
Our county has about 60-70 new cases of covid a day right now which is actually down a bit but then it is a population of 900,000.  In this town the new cases are around 1 to none each day and the population is 34,000 so not too bad.  The county health department reports by zip code and our town is all the same zip code.  No deaths reported for our town so far.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this hazy morning.

69° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 73°/39°.

Grammabear, hoping you get your results quickly and nothing serious is found.

Statewide here we had the highest day ever of new cases with 733 new cases yesterday. No new ones in my county but my county total is now up to 180. Feels like we are in the middle of the second wave. Scary.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

101 today.

Good luck with the tests Kathy.

Covid numbers (national) are dropping, but it is coming closer every day. Some of the close family members are down but recovering/recovered.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Warning alert..I got an email from" Amazon" that someone tried to log into my account. They wanted me to reply with my billing name and registered phone number to my registered address. Thing is I had another email from Amazon right after that, it it said "Hi Barbara, your shipment should arrive today" this one said Hello Customer...big flag. Sent the email to Amazon. Don't reply to this email if you get it. I am getting somewhat savvy on these schemes. Look at the message if they don't know your name is a big flag!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 08, 2020, 11:44:54 PMWarning alert..I got an email from" Amazon" that someone tried to log into my account. They wanted me to reply with my billing name and registered phone number to my registered address.

Didn't really quite follow you, but is it really a mail from Amazon or an amazon-like email ID. Never share your details. Suggest you login to your amazon account and change password immediately.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

114 today reading.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

94 this morning.

There were 39 new cases of Covid in our county yesterday, an 11.1% increase.  Scary indeed.

We are supposed to hit 80 deg F today which is awesome for this time of year.  I can see the Autumn colors starting in the trees too.  Love the beauty of this time of year.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

44 this morning.

Slept very soundly last night so I'm late getting here.

Grammabear, if I were having those numbers, I'd suspect either I'd gotten some "hidden" carbs somewhere or that I had an infection someplace, most likely a UTI, if everything is ok pump wise.

Looks like a beautiful day up here although not terribly warm. It was so dark and dreary seeming early this morning which is one reason I slept late.

BigSkyGal, seems there's hardly a day goes by I don't get a similar e-mail from sites that look like Amazon or several other places. Couldn't tell you just how I managed it, but mostly those show up already in my "Junk" mailbox. I always just delete them.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  It is supposed to get to a high of 88° today and that would be the first time we got under 90° for a long time.  It looks like we will be in the mid to high 80s for the rest of the month.  The chance of rain that was hoped for to help with the fires has not happened and next week there is probably going to be higher temps and wind so fire risk will be high again.
Yeah, I get a lot of these "pishing" emails that sometimes look very real but never click on the link ! They want you to either give them information so they can steal from you or download malware.  If in doubt, log in to your account from the actual website and check it out. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

118 this partly cloudy morning.

71° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 73°/37°.

Yeah I knew it was a phising email right away, I just wanted to let everyone know to be on the lookout for it. I used to get those kind of emails regularly when I used PayPal. I forwarded it to stop-spoofing@amazon.com

bigskygal

Oh dear, I've really fallen down a rabbit hole on Amazon.

Tamagno, your Red Ship salt is funkilicioius!! Smells funky but delicious in measured amounts in food. It is awesome! I started looking around at tinned seafood, reminiscent of the Portugese sardines... got hooked into tinned fish from Galicia Spain. Razor clams, oysters, mussels, cockles, scallops... OMG yum!

The funny thing is Galicia Spain is referred to in one of my favorite episodes of Criminal Minds "Demonology" a murder in Galicia Spain seems to trigger other murders... I know, too much time on my hands... but I love the salt!! :)

Tamagno

157 this morning.

Perhaps it's too much time on your hands, BigSkyGal, but it's also great to have so much energy!

Neither hot nor cold here the next few days; the sort of thing that's hard to dress for.

Otherwise, pretty quiet here so far this weekend.

Grammabear

102 this morning.

We are enjoying sunny Autumn weather and it does make dressing more challenging.  One doesn't know whether to add clothes or remove them.

This Red Salt Barbara and Tamagno speak of, is it just available on Amazon?  It sounds yummy.

I had a discussion with Tandem about my pump shenanigans.  It seems that the 'code' associated with the events means that the pump only occluded one time and stopped.  They offered to replace the pump, but since my pump expired this week, I opted to apply for the new pump system.  We shall see what transpires.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021