You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Weather here remains quite nice and what serves as Fall for here in the high 80s.  It would be nice for it to last for a while before it turns cold and it looks like it will for a couple of weeks at least.
Pretty easy to dress for though, still mostly T-shirt and shorts.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

115 this cold morning. Up early for me...just before 9AM. Temp outside was 32° brrr!

Yesterday's high was 69°, today's forecast is 64°/39°. I really need to go run errands, but think I will wait until it warms up some.

Grammabear, I expect Amazon is the easiest place to find the Red Boat salt. If you like anchovies, you will like it, it is pungent and smells very fishy but that disappears in the food and you just get the umami flavor.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

101 today morning.

Wally, have the fires reduced a bit with the change in weather ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

99 this morning.

Ditto what Bigskygal said about that salt, Grammabear.

I'll be curious to hear how you do with the update Grammabear. Its about the time of year I start trying to upgrade Dexcom to G6 so I think I'll also start a similar process with Tandem.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

87 this morning.

It is a cloudy 55 deg F here this morning.  We had sunshine yesterday but today it is gone.  :(

We had 36 new cases of Covid yesterday and now I expect our esteemed governor will impose further restrictions on our comings and goings.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Yes SKB, the fires are being much more contained and full containment is expected around the end of the month.  That is hoping that conditions don't get any worse.  Boy, 2020 has been a bad year for a lot of reasons.  Hopefully things get better.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this drizzly morning.

60° was the high yesterday, today is much cooler with forecast of 52°/41° with occasional rain.

I got another one of those phishing emails about my Amazon account being frozen, I forwarded to Amazon and then logged into Amazon from here and placed a small order with no problems. I'm trying a couple of the tinned seafood from Spain, razor clams and tiny scallops plus a jar of Basque pickled peppers.

I tried out the stick on nose clip on my cloth mask yesterday and it worked pretty well. I hand washed the mask when I got home and it is still sticking so good deal.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

100 today morning.

Bigskygal, I'd be interested in knowing Amamzon's response to you. I wonder what they can tell you, "just be more careful and never share your credentials".
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

115 this morning.

BigSkyGal, sounds like that box from Amazon will be loaded with treats. Please let us know what you think of them.

Grammabear, our flu cases continue to rise, even as restaurants are opening indoor tables (almost certain to become disease vectors on many counts). As usual in this state, there's a huge divide between rural counties and those on the coast with cities. The counties with cities have the loudest voices in state government while the rural ones much less so. Understandably, the city restaurants are desperate for income, but have patrons from everywhere who then come out here to shop, buy produce and look around the "quaint" villages. Inevitably, they bring with them all manner of infectious processes. Not a good time to be dining out or even buying food "to go."

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

149 this morning (after my stupid 3 a.m. adventure).

There are again 35 new cases of Covid yesterday and who knows when these people would be interested in perhaps following the rules about masks.  I know the masks are not foolproof, but right now, it is all we have to protect ourselves when we must go out.

Today I must go to have those 15 blood tests done, have no choice, but I am sure not going to dilly around that office any longer than necessary.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  It looks like it will warm up a bit this week and highs around the mid 90s then cooling down next week. 
Fortunately around here people are quite good about wearing masks and keeping distance and our case count has stayed low.  In the more populated parts of the county cases are much higher.  Because of the precautions taken I am comfortable going to the store or the doctors and that is a good thing. 
There is not much Amazon can do to stop a pishing scam and I get them from scammers trying to imitate Netflix, PayPal, Amazon and more and all of them want you to click on a link in the email and that is where they have you.  It is sad but necessary to be vigilant these days.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

117 this rainy morning.

50° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 54°/39°. Fresh snow on the mountains behind my house.

Covid cases here have skyrocketed. We were in the 700's new cases statewide for 4-5 days last week. Yesterday's count was 423 new cases with 7 new in my county. I'd say 50% of people don't wear masks which makes me really uncomfortable going out. And I have to go out again today to mail my bills and go to the grocery store...

Amazon just sends a form letter thanking for the information and saying they will forward to their fraud department and that there will probably be no further contact on the issue.

Yeah Tamagno, I'm looking forward to my treats! I'll let you know how they are.

skb

136 today all thanks to some sweet corn chicken soup that i had last night. Turns out the soup had some corn syrup  :o

Covid cases in India have come down from a daily case load of 97K to 53K. Though they say that the number of tests has not reduced, I have my serious doubts about that. While outside, everything is limping back to the normal. On the 15th cinemas will be reopening with a 50% capacity imposed limit. Now all that remains to open up is the local train network which is a very very, very crowded means of travel.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

83 this morning.

SKB, I used to hate the crowded New York City subways; I can barely comprehend the packed trains of India...

Significant increases in flu cases here as well. Grammabear, I went for labs yesterday for my endocrinologist; thankfully, the joint was pretty quiet, though I wore both mask and gloves.

Also, Grammabear, I started the now apparently arduous process of reordering Dexcom supplies. I'm going to try again to upgrade to G6 as well as change Tandem suppliers and upgrade that as well. So far, things look complicated...

Grammabear

108 this morning.

Brrrr....It is 43 deg F here so far this morning and compared to yesterday, that feels really cold.  My long sleeve sweatshirt feels comfy.

Tamagno - Switching from G5 to G6 was not a big deal for me, however it did take time (as everything these days seems to do).  Prior to the process of switching, I had also changed "suppliers".  The new company was anxious, I think, to make a positive impression, so maybe that had something to do with it.  My GP was the one who signed the paperwork.  The same is holding true for my application to switch from the Tslim original to the Tslim X2 CIQ pump system.

The same day that Tandem called me about questions I had about their new system, my pump warranty expired.  So the lady I spoke with started the paperwork process.  The date was October 8th, so we shall see just how 'long' it takes to actually have the new system in place.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021