You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We are going to be in the mid 90s for highs here but over the mountains on the coastal side and northern California there is a heat wave and it will be hotter than here in the desert and windy so fire conditions are not good.  The existing fires are close to full containment so hopefully nothing new starts.
Amazon Prime day starts today, well, Prime two days, but I doubt that I will buy anything that is offered.  It would be fun to look though.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy/drizzly morning.

52° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is again 54°/39° with rain showers.

Caught sight of Other Kitty last night, it was cleaning up what food Meow Kitty left in his dish. This kitty is fast and took iff the minute it saw me.

I may look around at the Prime Day stuff, but I really don't need any more gadgets or do-dads.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

My hubby and I were scheduled for the flu shot at our GPs office this afternoon.  When we arrived a few minutes early, it was utter chaos there.  Babies crying, people waiting in line outside to enter the building and so much noise.  When we finally made it to the head of the line to even enter the building, there was some confusion on the part of the registration person.  It is darn near impossible for me to hear under these conditions.

Then the registration lady said "Oh, you have to call the main registration office on your cell phone to be pre registered before I can talk to you."  Duh...........What do they do if you didn't have a cell phone.  Needless to say we were so glad to finally get out of there.  Oh..I should mention that my blood sugar dropped like a rock from the stress that I was having.  When it got down to 62 I started having symptoms of a low, everyone was talking to me and no one seemed to be able to help.  Anyway I am very GLAD to be home.  :-X
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Sorry you had such a bad experience Grammabear! I haven't gotten a flu shot in well over 20 years and will pass again this year even though my pcp said this year I should. I am a hermit even more-so these days... not going to do it.

OK you techie guys out there, I have a question for you. I just noticed today on my iPhone 7 a small padlock with a circle around it next to the battery life left icon. Is this something from the newest update? I can barely see it and for some reason my phone won't rotate like it used to do when I turned it on its side. Do I need to change some setting? I haven't found anything that seems related. Even with a magnifying glass I can hardly see what the icon is. It is some kind of lock but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Major winds blowing through here...some up to 50mph glad my trees are down, but still don't like the wind!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Barbara - On my iphone 7, I swipe up from the bottom and see a battery icon about half way up that screen.  Mine is an unlocked battery and yours is probably a locked battery icon if your screen orientation is locked.  Just tap the locked battery icon, I think, and it should unlock.  This happened to me also.  You're cool.  It should be ok.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

104 today.

You accidently seem to have set the Rotation lock "on" to portrait mode. As Kathy says, swipe the the screen from Bottom to Top to get the Control Center and you will see the Padlock sign there. If locked, it would be red. Tap that and unlock your setting.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

106 today's reading.

I am having some trouble with my mouse. Again I made duplicate entry in BG Tracker but was able to save it to another date as suggested. Thanks.
Diabetic ?

bigskygal

Thanks everyone, I have no idea how. I got there, but with your help I am now back where I want want & can get the tilt screen again!!

OK another question. I have AT&T apparently lately they have gone to 5g whatever... when my power went out the last two times I couldn't get online when usually I get a LTE signal and can get online on my phone or iPad both these last times I haven't been able to get online. Do I have to get a new device because of this upgrade?

Tamagno

90 this morning.

Thanks for sharing your upgrade experience, Grammabear. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

I found a way in the accessibility section of my iPad settings to put a "virtual" home button on my screen; this allows me to use all manner of controls including volume, screen lock, access to camera and other settings directly. Very handy.

BigSkyGal, I don't think that 5G phone designation will be meaningful until you're in an area that uses it. Presumably, it dramatically increases speed, but is requiring a whole new infrastructure of very small cell "towers." Unless you're in a city, there's little chance you'll actually use that capacity.

Okay, I did splurge some with Prime day sales and ordered a new Fitbit Versa 2. The sale price is around $50 off which is significant. I like it as it's got built in Alexa making control of those devices from the Watch possible, plus a number of other features I like. It'll arrive in a couple of days.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 14, 2020, 06:30:27 AMI found a way in the accessibility section of my iPad settings to put a "virtual" home button on my screen; this allows me to use all manner of controls including volume, screen lock, access to camera and other settings directly. Very handy.

yes that feature is available on all iDevices.

Bigskygal, I don't think it is your devices that were the problem. Probably, when you lost power, even the cell tower also lost power, and depending on back-up position of the tower, it may switch off data, and keep resources handy for phone calls only.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

134 this morning.  Don't know where that came from except from yesterday's debacle and two rounds of "lows" afterwards.

I live almost in the middle of a 5G area with cell towers all around.  The only thing I notice is when the weather is severe outside as in thunderstorm or blizzards, the phone service is much slower or non existent.  But Mother Nature rules, so we hope for the best.

The new iphone software upgrade made it impossible for me to have my phone unlocked, so now I have to use Touch ID or the passcode - which isn't all bad.

Tamagno - Tandem placed my request for a new X2 pump with a 'distributor' who also happens to be where I get my infusion sets and Dexcom sensors, Edwards Health Care Services.  So far, they have already sent me 'online' paperwork to fill out and "sign" online.  Never, ever tried signing my name with my computer mouse (looks like a small child or a very drunk person signed the name).  We shall see how the insurance plays out.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Yeah Barbara, like SKB said, it is likely that when your power went out the cell towers also lost power.  You don't have a phone that can receive 5G and even if you did there are very few areas that have that capability right now.  Mainly in cities and higher populated areas right now.  I am not expecting to see 5G around here for a long time.
Tamagno, I have been using the Fitbit Versa 2 for a while now and I like it, hope you find it useful.  I got it from Fitbit on a sale at $50 off also.  They claim you can swim with it but I still take it off to shower, old habits I guess.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this cloudy, windy morning.

50° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 48°/34°.

So far I have managed not to take advantage of Prime Day, but I may go poke around and see if any grocery items are included that may be interesting...

skb

95 today morning.

Quote from: Grammabear on October 14, 2020, 10:23:05 AMThe new iphone software upgrade made it impossible for me to have my phone unlocked, so now I have to use Touch ID or the passcode - which isn't all bad.

Can you not go back into Settings and revert to Settings that you like.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

I only had the choice to set up a passcode when I got my iPhone 7 or a fingerprint which took forever to do so went with the passcode. I think it was about 2 years ago. It is all a mystery to me...I just do what I have to to be able to access my phone/iPad/computer.