You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

110 is my reading today.

One of my distant relative expired today because of Covid. He was old and having heart trouble.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

72 this morning.

Sweetie, condolences on your loss; regardless of age it's never easy for the family. Stay well!

One good thing about Apple products is that you really can't do a lot of damage by experimenting with all the settings and most of what's there is pretty easy to learn.

Grammabear, I got a call from Dexcom who got pre-approval for my upgrade to G6; I don't know when it's coming, but fairly soon, I think. Also no word from them regarding who the distributor will be.

A busy day yesterday with doctors and my oncologist wants a new CAT scan (labs came back with screwy results again). The rest of October and November look increasingly busy.

Wally, my Versa 2 came yesterday and I was able to do the basic set up quickly and easily. I'll be playing with it more and am particularly curious to see how well it plays with Alexa.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Sweety - My condolences on the loss of your relative.  So sorry.

It is predicted for a "frost warning" here tonight/tomorrow morning. I guess that means the end of the growing season for the garden.  I shall miss fresh tomatoes with my eggs/bacon each morning.

Tamagno - Good Luck with your medical tests.  I hope for a positive outcome.  Also, I hope your G6 comes quickly.  And I hope you like it too.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Sorry for your loss Sweety.

Quote from: bigskygal on October 14, 2020, 11:53:36 PMI only had the choice to set up a passcode when I got my iPhone 7 or a fingerprint which took forever to do so went with the passcode. I think it was about 2 years ago. It is all a mystery to me...I just do what I have to to be able to access my phone/iPad/computer.

There is a choice to skip that step and use the device without passcode or finger print. You can still switch that setting off if you go to Settings/Touch ID & Passcode.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  No frost warnings here, we are going to be in the mid 90s through the weekend then cooling down next week down to the mid 80s.   :)
Yeah, like SKB said you can just go to settings and then touch ID & passcode and make any changes you want.  You can have it use your passcode , fingerprint or both or nothing if you don't want the phone locked.  I have the fingerprint set up on mine and I find it really easy to use.  I have it set up so I can use my thumb on either hand so it is easier depending on how I am holding the phone.  I have credit card info and my banking app on my phone so I need it locked but it is never a problem.  Like Tamagno said, it is never a problem to experiment with the settings to see what works best for you.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

112 this partly cloudy morning.

Sweety, so sorry for your loss.

52° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 50°/32°. By the end of next week the overnight temps are predicted to be in the mid 20's. brrr

I caught a glimpse of Other Kitty twice now. It comes around mid evening so for the last 2 nights I put fresh food out for it and it gets gobbled up. Kitty bolts away if it catches sight of me. It is going to be a long time before it is comfortable with me.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

112 today morning.

I had grilled chicken last night and there were veggies on the side. I think the potatoes are responsible for that.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

I am so careful most of the time, and yet sometimes the numbers just don't make sense...our bodies are so different and respond to things so differently at different times...who can say for sure what did what???

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

I saw a photo from a sister-in law in Colorado of wild fires that evidently have been burning there for some time - scary stuff as they've got high winds and are now having to evacuate.

Grammabear, my G66 is due to arrive Monday. I'm thinking I may continue with G5 awhile just so I stay ahead of the supply reordering curve.

Odd weather prediction in that the high for the day is early morning and getting continually colder as the day progresses.

Wally, I'm having fun with Versa 2. I've got the Alexa connection running causing me to feel like dick Tracy as I speak Alexa commands into my watch. Still waiting to see if battery life works as promised...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

It froze here last night, so I guess that means the unofficial end of the Summer growing season.

Blood sugars are all over the place here, not sure what's going on just yet.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  I had a bit of potato last night also so a bit higher but not too bad.  I agree, most of the time I know when my numbers are higher than usual it is because of what I had eaten but there are times when there seems to be no reason.  Sometimes I guess you just have to  accept what is and go on from there.
Wow Grammabear, freezing already.  Here we are still in the 90s during the day and overnight lows around 60° so Winter is a ways away.
Tamagno, glad you are having fun with the Fitbit Versa.  I have had pretty good luck so far with the battery life but I still charge it every 2-3 days.  I don't really know if it will actually go for the 5 days as advertised. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this windy, mostly cloudy morning.

51° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 59°/43° with periods of wind.

Wow Grammabear that is an early freeze. We haven't had a hard freeze here yet. There is a 50% chance of snow for Sunday.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on October 15, 2020, 11:31:52 PMI am so careful most of the time, and yet sometimes the numbers just don't make sense...our bodies are so different and respond to things so differently at different times...who can say for sure what did what???

Very true Barbara. What is certain though, that the extra carbs are going to get stored and will come back to hit you sometime. Take my 105 today morning for instance. Last night's dinner was even worse than day before, yet my number is much lower today. But I know for sure that my glycogen reserves have gone up and I will have to work at getting them out.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

52 this morning.

I'd have checked in about a half hour earlier, but I managed to spill an entire storage container of granola on the rug in the kitchen; I hate making extra work like that!

Sadly, we've already had a couple of hard frosts up here, but that's not uncommon in New England. This morning feels chilly, but it's still in the 40s - not terrible.

Glucose control is a little different with an insulin pump and sometimes obscures the relationship between diet and glucose levels. Many foods obviously raise glucose, but since there's always insulin being supplied via the pump just to maintain a baseline, the exact causes of either highs or lows can be hard to sort out. No good reason for me to be only 52 this morning, for example, as there was no change in diet last night.

Grammabear

114 this morning.

My visit with the Nephrologist was confusing.  He ordered a whole panel of blood work.  Some of the tests came back ANA positive.  I have no clue whether he looked at the rest of my chart and knows I am Type 1 diabetic and also hypothyroid.  Anyway, now I am being referred to a rheumatologist.  These doctors scare me to pieces when they don't explain the reason for all these tests or what they hope to learn from them?

The blood sugars have been all over the place and I don't know if it is stress from the doctor visits, or another reason.

Think I will take a long nap......
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021