You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweety

114 today fasting reading.

Covid cases coming down rapidly in India. I hope we don't get a second wave like many other nations.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

90 this morning.

Thanks for the warning about the scallops, BigSkyGal. I'd imagine the chorizo will be better.

My big news is that my endocrinologist told me yesterday that I'm severely hypothyroid. That, at least helps to explain some of my terrible fatigue plus a few other things. I took the first dose of the med this morning and am hopeful, though I suppose it may take a while to kick in.

Thanks for G6 tip, Grammabear. My G6 arrived yesterday so today I'll unpack everything and start familiarizing myself with it. Should be fun...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Tamagno - My GP once told me quite a while ago that if you have one autoimmune disease, chances are you have more than one during your lifetime.  In my case I had hypothyroid since age 10, my T1 diabetes came along much later.  If blood tests are to be believed, apparently the Nephrologist thinks I have another.  The rheumatologist might be able to tell me which one.

There was 15 new cases of Covid in our county yesterday and 44 the day before that.  It does not seem to be slowing down here.

Sweety - Your numbers are doing well, I am happy for you.

Wally - Your meal from the Traeger sounds wonderful.  What do you season that mixture with and do you make enough so you can enjoy "left-overs" another day?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  It looks like today and tomorrow will be our last days over 90° and we will be in the 80s and maybe even in the 70s by next week.  We are getting toward the end of October so it should be getting cooler !
Tamagno, at least there is something that can be treated, hope the med helps. Good luck with the G6.
Grammabear, Yes, we make a lot and there is enough for a couple of more meals.  I use a Teriyaki sauce I get on Netrition that is sugar free and it tastes good to me and is kind to my bg.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

89 this partly cloudy morning.

52° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 52°/39°. At least it isn't raining today and the sun is out a bit.

Yeah Tamagno, the scallops were a risk, not everything I try food wise turns out to be good. I have found some winners though. I love scallops, I buy the huge ones and have gotten pretty good at cooking them. I still have a tin of cockles in sea salt brine to try. I think they will be better than the scallops.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

105 today.

Quote from: Grammabear on October 20, 2020, 09:44:10 AMTamagno - My GP once told me quite a while ago that if you have one autoimmune disease, chances are you have more than one during your lifetime.

That is why I asked about Hashimoto's. Next time you do your blood panel, you might want to add the antibody test as well. Dr. B says that he has noticed a 45+% incidence of hypothyroidism in diabetic patients.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

I am back to 121. Maybe the eating because of festival season.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

61 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I used to make a wonderful tomato soup that had heavy cream and cognac into which I'd add scallops - really good. Sadly, it also calls for quite a bit of brown sugar.

When I lived in Manhattan, there was a restaurant quite close that specialized in Maryland crabs (a meal that can only be described as ferocious). My wife and I used to go there and sit at the bar sipping excellent frozen margaritas and eating scallops in a delicious white wine sauce, sopped up with terrific French bread. Ah, youth!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on October 20, 2020, 11:17:34 PM105 today.

Quote from: Grammabear on October 20, 2020, 09:44:10 AMTamagno - My GP once told me quite a while ago that if you have one autoimmune disease, chances are you have more than one during your lifetime.

That is why I asked about Hashimoto's. Next time you do your blood panel, you might want to add the antibody test as well. Dr. B says that he has noticed a 45+% incidence of hypothyroidism in diabetic patients.

134 this morning, after a low of 60 at 2:30 a.m.

skb - What is the difference between Hashimoto's and hypothyroid?  Sorry for my ignorance, but since I've had low thyroid most of my life, I have never heard that word before.  But then, no one ever explained much of anything about what was wrong with me as a child either.  I always just never had much energy.

This business of seeing a rheumatologist sounds ominous to me.  No one ever explained to me that there was a difference in T1 and T2 diabetes.  I found out the hard way after I lost 40 pounds in about a month and felt like rubbish during that time.  Once I saw an endocrinologist who did explain the difference and put me on insulin, there was a world of improvement.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Weather here is supposed to start cooling down tomorrow but I see that some in the Midwest are seeing snow already and I think that may include Barbara.   ~shvr~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 21, 2020, 10:38:56 AM91 this morning.  Weather here is supposed to start cooling down tomorrow but I see that some in the Midwest are seeing snow already and I think that may include Barbara.   ~shvr~

Yes indeed, some in the Midwest are seeing that "white stuff".  After we returned to our car after grocery shopping, imagine our shock to find it was covered in about a half inch of SNOW.  Not particularly happy to start Winter this early !!
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

108  this partly cloudy morning.

52° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/18°. Winter weather advisory for tonight and tomorrow morning with snow overnight. The lows for the weekend are predicted to be Sat -6° and Sun -4° a big   ~shvr~   I've got the pump guy coming tomorrow to make sure it is buttoned up for the Winter.

I'm with you Grammabear, it is too early for Winter weather!

Tamagno, that all sounds delicious! I like my scallops seared in butter with either a lemon or white wine sauce.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

105 today morning.

Quote from: Grammabear on October 21, 2020, 08:53:36 AMskb - What is the difference between Hashimoto's and hypothyroid?  Sorry for my ignorance, but since I've had low thyroid most of my life, I have never heard that word before.  But then, no one ever explained much of anything about what was wrong with me as a child either.  I always just never had much energy.

Maybe this will help in understanding the condition better.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

115 this morning.

So far it's unseasonably warm up here today with morning temperatures in the 60s and going up to the 70s. I don't want any of that snow heading my way!

I'm off this morning to have a CAT scan for my oncologist. To be honest, I can't recall exactly what's going on that caused her to order it, but I guess I'll find out...

Grammabear

71 this morning.

Barbara - I have to admit I have never had scallops ever.  I do like fish so maybe I will get brave and try them.

The snow we got earlier this week has already melted.  Last night it rained, so the weather is warmer for at least a few days.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021