You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Tamagno, you are warming up to the 70s and we are cooling down from the 90s and may get to the 70s next week.  It still seems too early for snow but there it is. 
Grammabear, you don't have to be brave to have scallops they are very good.  I like them on a skewer and grilled on the BBQ but there are many ways to cook them.  I like to get the largest I can find fresh at the market.  Canned scallops I would probably stay away from. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

110 this cold, white morning. About 1.5" of snow overnight and temp right now is 23°. brrr!

49° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/16°. It is too soon for these temps!!

Yeah Wally the tinned scallops were not good... I too buy the largest ones I can find, but I buy them frozen as there are no fresh fish markets around here. That way I always have them on hand.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

108 today morning.

Weather here is getting warmer, now that the rains have gone and before it starts to cool a bit.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

117 today's reading on BG and 114 yesterday.
Feeling a bit sick with some cough. Getting scared and hoping I am safe. I was out at work yesterday for some time.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Grammabear, the actual flavor of scallops is subtle, so it's seasoning/sauces and how they're cooked that really make them.

It's warm again here this morning. While I doubt we'll get into the 70s, it's sill pretty warm for this time of year.

I went and had a CAT scan for my oncologist yesterday. As is often the case, I spent a lot of time beforehand doing paperwork/calls, etc. but the scan was over quickly. I'll get results next week.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

65 this morning.

Not warm here today at 41 deg F and "raining".  Yesterday we got 1" of rain, so maybe Mother Nature is making up for what we did not get the entire month of August.

Since it is getting colder the weather is making one feel cold in the evening, I am crocheting my husband a pair of slippers for his feet which are always cold.  I haven't made slippers in a good long while.  Hope they turn out ok.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

71 this morning.  It's starting to cool down here with a high of 87° yesterday, well, not cool but cooler.  We are supposed to be heading to around 70° next week  so a little more Fall like.
Tamagno, hope the CAT scan comes out OK and helps.
Sweety, hope you are feeling better.  It is scary now days with this darn virus going around.
Barbara, I said fresh scallops but I am pretty sure they were previously frozen but they are in the meat department and sure look good.  Also you can kind of pick and choose to get the largest and those are the best to grill on the BBQ.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 this frosty morning. Another Winter Weather Advisory for later today and overnight. I need to go out and run some errands before it gets bad.

36° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/21°. Apparently Winter is here already...

The Aurelia's Spanish Chorizo is delicious and the Sera Pickled Mixed Vegetables in Brine are good too. I will order both again.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

118 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

110 today's readings.

I am not having fever and my throat is better today. I gargled with hot salt water.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

96 this morning.

Warm here this morning but getting much colder overnight.

BigSkyGal, I've already got that chorizo in my Amazon cart. I'll collect a few things there and then order. Some of these things actually show up in our little, local grocery (which I've not set foot in in months). I'll be happy when I can go there again and see what's there. I'd like to make a small tuna salad but boost it some with chorizo and spices. It'd be great if I could find some little bay scallops and some crab meat to add to it as well.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

72 this morning.

We got a really nice head of cabbage from Aldis yesterday when we ordered on groceries delivered.  So...of course last night we had "Crack Slaw" (Shanny's recipe).  It was so good and the cabbage head was very large, so we have leftovers.

Our little local grocery store is doing okay, but I hope it survives this "Covid" thing since our county has had an increase in positive cases for the past two weeks.  Our esteemed governor has imposed yet more sanctions or rules.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

70 this morning.  Still cooling down and Monday it is supposed to get down to 68° and a low of 36° which is the coolest we have seen but then heading back up and it looks like we will be around 80° for the rest of the month.
Sweety, glad you are feeling better.
Grammabear, I am lazy and just buy bags of angel hair cabbage for my Crack Slaw.  I used to shred a head of cabbage but the already shredded bags are so much easier.  ;D
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

92 this wintery morning. About 7" of new snow...don't know if my back can take much shoveling.

30° was the high yesterday, the snow started just after I got home from my errands around 4PM. It snow steadily the rest of the day and then stopped a bit but snowed again overnight. Today's forecast is 21°/0° with periods of snow. Argghh it is way too early for this kind of weather!

I shoveled a patch by the back door and the steps up to the deck so Meow Kitty could get to his food. After he finished, Other Kitty came and cleaned up the leftovers.  The other day an orange kitty showed up to clean up the dish. I've become a little old cat lady!!  ~ cat ~  ~ cat ~  ~ cat ~

The birds are on their own until I can shovel a path to their food.

skb

117 today morning.

Shovelling season has started for you guys. It's warm here, like always.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club