You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Tamagno, sounds like you could write a book that would be quite entertaining.   :)
Sweety, that looks good, keep up the good work.
Grammabear, I hope you are able to get this resolved. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this partly cloudy morning.

51° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 55°/30° with a chance of rain.

Tamagno, Wally is right I bet you could write a really interesting book!

Grammabear, I hope you get a resolution to this problem quickly.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

100 today morning.

Quote from: Tamagno on October 30, 2020, 06:24:12 AMI should perhaps add that our arrival in that town was the subject of a great deal of hoopla in the press as I was at the time pretty famous in the world of opera. The locals found it hugely entertaining that such a "star" was living among them and was accessible by simply knocking on the door - many did.

Being from the other part of the world, I don't know much about opera except for what we see in the movies, but I'd love to see/hear some of your work. I think some of that is on the internet somewhere. Could you please share a link.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

106 today's reading. Back above 100  :(  :(
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

55 this morning.

Well, there used to be a YouTube link. If I can find it, I'll copy it for you all. Quite a different time of my life!

It's cold up here this morning. Yesterday we got some snow, but enough of the day was over freezing so it didn't stick.

The next couple of weeks will be busy with doctor appointments and related tests none of which I'm looking forward to. I suspect there's a fairly large number of people who have decided that it's far easier to see a doctor via video or phone and that electronic visits are far less time consuming - especially this time of year when the weather can get pretty bad quickly any time and people don't like going out anyway.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.

Our weather is also cold at 30 deg F.  However we are 'supposed' to have a high of 57 deg F which isn't a heat wave but we will appreciate it anyway.

I received email notice that my application for Tandem's new system, the CIQ, was approved and I will be receiving a refurbished pump sometime next week. CIQ stands for Control IQ and it is supposed to increase "time in range".  I understand from what I've read online from other people who have this system that it takes a intense amount of programming in the beginning.  We shall see.

There has been no word from the Audiologist office as to their response to my web portal message or my letter I wrote.  My next attempt will be a letter to the CEO of this medical system, not that it will do any good but I can try.  It will be a week on Monday without the hearing aid.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  We are going to be in the mid 80s through next week and then it is supposed to get down to the mid 60s which is not as cold as a lot of you are seeing but quite a change for here.
Today is Halloween and last night there was a Blue Moon, second full moon in the same month.  I understand there is some controversy for the real meaning of a Blue Moon but the 2 full moons in a month seems to be accepted now days.
Tomorrow we will change from daylight savings time and "fall back" to standard time.  It is not as much of a change for me now that I am retired but still takes a few days to adjust to.  I wish they would finally stop stalling an make daylight savings all year long.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this sunny morning.

Yesterday's high was 55°, today's forecast is 52°/28°. The snow is mostly gone and none in the forecast thank goodness!

Grammabear that is just appalling that the Audiologist hasn't gotten back to you! Can your DH call them on Monday and talk to someone for you?

I'm with you Wally I wish they would get rid of the time changes! I just don't see the point in it any more.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

98 this morning.

Tamagno, would love to see your work.

We use a single time across the country but the width of the country is around 3000 kms and that does cause some problems in the East where the sun sets at 4:30 at times. But if lockdowns and work from home is going to be the new norm then time would become irrelevant.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

110 this morning.

I agree with you all about the time change.  This is the pits!!  Just walking around the house remembering to change all our time pieces, clocks etc. is a job all by itself to say nothing of trying to remember 'how' to do it with the car.

Barbara - It is ridiculous that the audiologist office hasn't bothered to answer my web portal message.  My DH doesn't like to use the phone and make appointments, but it has become necessary now in my opinion.  We shall see what transpires Monday.

It is really cold here and the wind is 25mph also.  Not a great day to be outside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Weather here remains pretty nice and it looks like it will continue for a while.
Some of the clocks I have reset themselves as they use the radio signal and of course the computer and anything connected to the internet like my Fitbit reset but I still have several clocks that have to be set manually.  Wow, there are a lot of clocks here !  It's not too hard to adjust to gaining an hour but I feel that I am behind and that it is later than it is. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

96 this cold blue sky morning. It is just 35° right now.

The high yesterday was 48°, today's forecast is 55°/28°.

Finally told my DD that I'm not coming out there this year. I just can't fly yet. Now our virus numbers are very high so I just want to stay inside as much as possible.

skb

100 today morning.

Quote from: bigskygal on November 01, 2020, 12:45:53 PMFinally told my DD that I'm not coming out there this year. I just can't fly yet. Now our virus numbers are very high so I just want to stay inside as much as possible.

I hope she took it well and understands your reasons.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

100 yesterday's reading
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

175 this morning.

I'm sorry to have missed you all yesterday.

I'd been all night trying to deal with a UTI. Anyway, somewhere around lunch she decided I'd best get to the ER.

Fortunately, I know most of the staff by now and they know what's likely going on. At least they took  urine to be cultured, gave me a bolus of Rocefin which has finally kicked in.

Postscript: just as I've been writing, I'm sitting in my favorite spot in our three-season room and watching it snow.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost