You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

79 this morning.

Barbara - I hope your DD does understand your reasons.  I know you kind of dreaded telling her.  Maybe you could look into having "Zoom" visits using the Zoom app.  It does work on the iphone7 as that is what I have.  My younger son and I have used it.

Tamagno - So sorry that the UTI bug has bothered you.  It is most miserable, but very glad you got a shot to help you recover.  However hearing you folks are getting snow is not particularly encouraging.  I will agree relaxing in the house watching it snow 'outside' is calming.  Be warm and safe.

My new X2 pump with CIQ technology is supposed to be delivered today.  Since my current Dexcom G6 sensor session doesn't expire until Thursday, I will have all week to read the owner's manual (if there is one).  Tamagno - Do you have any trouble seeing the icons on the X2 pump?  I am guessing everything is a little smaller than on the original Tslim pump like I have currently.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We are going to be in the mid 80s through Thursday and then it drops a lot and we are supposed to be in the 50s next week.  Finally getting into the Fall like weather, not cold but a lot cooler. 
Barbara, I think you are right to put travel off.  It may not be something you want to do but I think it is wise to not tempt fate.
Tamagno, sorry you had to go through that, hope you are better now.
Grammabear, I hope your new pump works out well.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this blue sky morning.

48° was the high yesterday,  today's forecast is 59°/30° seriously doubt it will get that warm.

Tamagno, hope you are on the mend now. Doesn't sound like a very fun day...

I kind of laid most of the reason for not traveling on the weather and worrying about frozen pipes, which is a real issue and why I don't travel in the Winter. I also told her I wasn't comfortable flying right now. She sort of understands but is sad that I'm not coming and I am too but it just isn't smart/safe to do so right now.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

121 today morning. I have some idea where that came from and will be careful.

If I am right, the US votes today. The outcome would have a big impact on how we proceed with the uneasiness on our northern borders. And therefore, we watch, with interest.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

Today the fasting reading is 95.

I don't know if numbers have dropped or the new meter reads low.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

166 this morning.

First stop this morning is voting. The UTI is still around, so I'm hoping to get in and out fast.

Grammabear, I haven't yet used either G6 or the companion Dexcom stuffs I'm fuzzy on details. From what documentation I've read it should be fairly easy.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

After having a hard "freeze" our temperatures are supposed to reach the upper 60s or even 70 deg F by the week's end.  That is ok to have a reprieve from cloudy grey skies to sunny and cheerful sky.

Tamagno - Since you already have the X2 pump, there is a software update that would give you the CIQ on your present pump along with the Dexcom G6.  That way you only have to carry one device - the pump.  Perhaps your Endo can explain it better than I can if you're interested.

Bigskygal - Frozen pipes are a very real concern in the winter months where you and I live.  We watch the nighttime temperatures very closely when it gets down to freezing or below.  Most times we leave the cupboard door open and also leave a trickle of water flowing.  We had frozen pipes once at our place and it is not pleasant.

Yes, election day is today.  Hubby and I already voted via mail in ballot.  Our county has had an upsurge of covid cases in the past two weeks, so we took advantage of mail in ballots.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  We are in the mid 80s for the next couple of days but it drips starting Friday and we are supposed to be in the mid 50s next week.  Not as cols as some of you but quite a change for here.  Since it is November I would say it's about time.
Yes today is voting day and I sent my ballot in by mail a couple of weeks ago.  Glad that there was that option.  I have voted by mail for the last few years.  I started when I lived up on the mountain and it was a 90 mile round trip to vote at a polling place and have stayed with it.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Sweety, 95 here this morning too!

50° was yesterday's high, today's forecast is 61°/34°, again I doubt we will see that high.

Yeah Grammabear, frozen pipes are a real problem in the Winter here too. I do the same thing you do, under sink cupboards open and a pencil wide stream of water running overnight. In one bathroom where there is no furnace vent, I run a small portable heater aimed at the pipes when it is really cold.

And re your comment yesterday about Zoom, DD and I FaceTime frequently on the computer. It is something at least.

Wally, I have voted Absentee for years it is just easier all around and this year a really good thing.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on November 03, 2020, 01:34:50 PMWally, I have voted Absentee for years it is just easier all around and this year a really good thing.

We have something called a NOTA (None of the Above). If that option has the highest votes, the constituency goes into a revote. Nothing of that sort has ever happened or will but it is there.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

92 today morning's reading.
Diabetic ?

Grammabear

98 this morning.

Our temperature today is 48 deg up to a high of 72 deg.  Most unusual for a day in November here.  It's a beautiful sunny day.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

186 this morning.

At my polling place, a worker saw me about to stand with walker and offered to bring the ballot to my car - ended up being easy.

I'll be breaking in a new GP today. Sure am hoping she's got ideas to help me get rid of this UTI...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  Weather is nice here right now but there is a storm coming out of the North this weekend and temps will drop.  Only a 10% chance of rain here but closer to the coast they are expecting some rain.
Tamagno, hope your new GP is able to help.  I have an appointment with my GP this morning also but just a routine check.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on November 04, 2020, 09:37:01 AM186 this morning.

At my polling place, a worker saw me about to stand with walker and offered to bring the ballot to my car - ended up being easy.

I'll be breaking in a new GP today. Sure am hoping she's got ideas to help me get rid of this UTI...

Tamagno - For whatever it may be worth, when I had chronic UTIs, after it was treated with antibiotic injections at the Dr office, the nurse suggested I take cranberry capsules daily.  I found a brand on Amazon that seems to be working well for me.  I only offer this suggestion because cranberry juice, although very good, does a number on my blood sugar.  The capsules are reasonable in price and work for me. I did clear the capsules with my Dr prior to using them.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Bounty-Strength-Cranberry-Softgels/dp/B00TYMVY46/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=cranberry+capsules+25%2C000&qid=1604504220&sr=8-11
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021