You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning.

51° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 57°/37° with a slight chance of light showers.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Saw my new GP yesterday who seemed fine, took a lot of history, etc. Interestingly, she's not sure my current UTI is actually an infection and is investigating with some of my other docs. She did give me a course of Cipro, however, and already I'm feeling better.

Grammabear, I'm going to try the cranberry tabs you mention. I'm inclined to take them awhile and then when feeling good at some point stop taking them. I really need to clean up my regime as far as that goes.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

110 this morning.

Today I start programming my new Tandem x2 pump with the CIQ system.  It should be interesting, I hope.

Weather here is 52 deg with a high of 72 deg.  It is also sunny, so very good day to do last minute outside chores.

Tamagno - Is your new Doc going to have you return as she finishes 'consulting' with other Docs?  My GP also brought up that theory when I had 11 UTIs in one year.  For me they only came up with the theory that diabetics, especially women, are prone to them.  Now, since my albumin/creatinine ratio has gone off the charts, I wonder if all those UTIs weren't something else to begin with?  The cranberry capsules seem to help though.  Every week when I place medications in my pill box, I also add the cranberry capsules.  I should add that I haven't had a UTI in over a year since I started taking the cranberry capsules.  We also had a bidet installed at the same time hoping it would also help avoid UTI infections.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  No surprise here as I had some fried chicken for dinner and ate some of the battered skin. 
We had a high of 86° yesterday and it is supposed to be the same today and tomorrow but Saturday we are going to see a dramatic drop to the mid 50s and even a chance of some rain.  Two storm systems coming from the North and even snow in the mountains.

Interesting about the cranberry capsules.  I haven't had a UTI for quite a while I never considered cranberry juice because of the effect on bg but the capsules could help if I do have one. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this breezy partly cloudy morning.

55° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 70°/36° a nice day but for the wind...

Don't think I have ever had a UTI and don't want to have one!! Back in the pre diabetes days I used to drink a lot of cranberry juice, maybe that is why I never had a UTI...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

104 today.

Quote from: Grammabear on November 05, 2020, 08:28:04 AMMy GP also brought up that theory when I had 11 UTIs in one year.  For me they only came up with the theory that diabetics, especially women, are prone to them.

My wife is not a diabetic and she is prone to them. I'll ask her to give the Cranberry capsules a try as well. I think I did have a UTI once but I think that it did get resolved very quickly.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on November 05, 2020, 12:42:18 PMDon't think I have ever had a UTI and don't want to have one!! Back in the pre diabetes days I used to drink a lot of cranberry juice, maybe that is why I never had a UTI...

If I never have another UTI, it will be TOO soon.  There is absolutely no doubt if you have one as once you get symptoms - you just KNOW something 'ain't right' here.  I used to drink cranberry juice because I love cranberries, but then diabetes came along.  Now I cook fresh cranberries, add a bit of Swerve and make my own cranberry sauce.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Sweety

My today's reading is 95.

I would like to know more about this cranberry. I suffer from UTI from time to time.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

181 this morning.

Haven't yet gotten the cranberry capsules, but I know Cipro works, thankfully. Two doses into the course of Cipro and things have already calmed down. Sometime back, my good and trusted GP explained to me why cranberry juice is effective, but I've forgotten - the reasoning sounded legit to me, though.

How do you like Swerve, Grammabear? I got some but haven't yet decided if I like it or not. Mine is granulated which means it can only be used in hot things otherwise it doesn't dissolve well and leaves a gritty after taste. The sweetness seems good, though.

Speaking of hot drinks, I seem to be off coffee. Somehow, I can't taste it and it seems no longer to provide much in the way of wake up. It's odd not drinking it, but it's just not doing anything at the moment. I'll try again at some point, but not for now.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

153 this morning.

Tamagno - I have the same opinion about Swerve in that I am not sure if I like it or not.  Yesterday I made a low carb apple cake using it, and the  taste was ok but nothing "special".  I didn't find it to provide a sweet taste we've come to expect from sugar.  I might try another sweetner called Truvio.  I don't do a lot of baking now, but found some Cortland apples which are my ultimate favorite.  I decided to make a almond flour apple cake.  Cake was good, just not the same taste as sugar provides.

My first night with the new pump was very revealing in that the pump 'suspended' insulin twice during the time frame before I went to bed.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  It is going to get colder now and my weather station is flashing clouds with rain so the pressure is certainly dropping.  I don't expect we will actually get any rain here but some areas probably will and there is a prediction of snow in the mountains which would be great. 
I have had a UTI a couple of times but have been lucky that I was able to get over it without taking anything.  I am not sure why the cranberry helps but my doctor believes in  it and with the capsules O don't think it could hurt.
A wildfire broke out this morning in the mountains just above where I used to live before moving to the desert.  This is just a few miles East of Pasadena.  They are expecting rain there so it could help.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: Sweety on November 06, 2020, 01:27:53 AMMy today's reading is 95.

I would like to know more about this cranberry. I suffer from UTI from time to time.

Sweety - When I was having chronic UTIs, my Doctor suggested I could take cranberry capsules if I wanted to.  She said honestly she did not know if they would help, but was quite sure they would not interfere with any of my other medications or my diabetes.  She did also suggest watching my blood glucose more closely as to avoid any extra glucose in the body, which in turn feeds the bacteria that comes with UTIs.  The only thing I can say  is that my UTIs seem to be well controlled while taking the extra strength cranberry capsules.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning. Woke up with a sore throat hope I'm not coming down with something. No temperature though.

68° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 54°/36°. There is a Winter Storm watch for Saturday evening through Sunday evening with possibly 4-7" of snow. ugh!

skb

106 today morning.

I had a sore throat some days ago and with this Covid thing doing the rounds the mind immediately goes there. And I have been pretty much active since June, attending to work almost everyday, meeting people and all of that. So naturally it was a concern, but fizzled out in a day or two.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

61 this morning.

Glad you're okay, SKB! I'd imagine taking precautions in your business could be very difficult.

Grammabear, I'm trying Swerve again this morning in coffee (I spent yesterday with no energy so I'm trying coffee again). It seems okay, but as you point out, nothing special. I like things very sweet and find it tricky to get the sweetness I want without bitterness. Interesting to hear about your new pump. It's driving me nuts, but I'm going to use up as many of the G5 supplies as I can before I switch to the G6 I've already gotten so that I stay ahead of the reordering process. I guess Dexcom will no longer be selling/supporting G5 by the end of the year, so there's a built-in deadline.