You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

140 this morning - after pump suspended delivery earlier.  I'm still learning my way around this pump.

Tamagno - I also heard that Dexcom will no longer support the G5, but instead is focusing on the G6 and maybe the G7 by 2021.  The new pump is a 'learning curve' so far.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Windy and cooler here today and closer to the coast they are getting rain and snow in the mountains.  Mammoth Mountain Ski Area had 15 inches of snow overnight so that is nice.  Of course as usual in the areas where the wildfires took out all of the vegetation they are worrying about mudslides.
SKB, glad you are OK and yes, now days it is always a worry when you feel anything like a cold or flu that it may be the dreaded covid. 
I have always used Ez-Sweetz sucralose and I find it just fine for my taste.  I used to drink bullet proof coffee each morning but I have gone to just black coffee and I have a 20 ounce mug that I fill so that is what I usually have.  During the day I drink iced tea with a splash of lemon juice and the Ez-Sweetz so I guess I get plenty of caffeine each day but I don't feel any boost from it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

114 this cloudy morning. Still feel a little off but better than yesterday.

Yesterday's high was 55°, today's forecast is 46°/25°. Still under Winter Storm watch for tonight through Sunday night.

I lost my taste for coffee a couple of years ago. I used to drink the bullet proof coffee, then switched to just black and then finally to tea. I don't use sweetener in it but sometimes some lemon juice.

Grammabear, is your pump supposed to be suspending delivery? That sounds kind of scary.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on November 07, 2020, 03:25:11 PMGrammabear, is your pump supposed to be suspending delivery? That sounds kind of scary.

Barbara - Yes, pump is supposed to suspend basal delivery when you are trending 'low'.  Last night my glucose was 70 and trending slowly downward SO pump suspended basal delivery until I could eat some glucose tablets and the number started to recover.  70 is a "default" number that cannot be changed by altering setting on the pump.  This helps keep people safe especially at night time when you are sleeping.

Be safe if you have a winter storm.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Quote from: Grammabear on November 07, 2020, 04:02:23 PM
Quote from: bigskygal on November 07, 2020, 03:25:11 PMGrammabear, is your pump supposed to be suspending delivery? That sounds kind of scary.

Barbara - Yes, pump is supposed to suspend basal delivery when you are trending 'low'.  Last night my glucose was 70 and trending slowly downward SO pump suspended basal delivery until I could eat some glucose tablets and the number started to recover.  70 is a "default" number that cannot be changed by altering setting on the pump.  This helps keep people safe especially at night time when you are sleeping.

Be safe if you have a winter storm.

Thanks for the info, I know nothing about pumps. That makes perfect sense.

I don't plan on going anywhere until maybe Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully I don't get much snow.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

106 today morning.

So finally the US election has drawn to a close with a very complicated counting process. But at least it's done and dusted.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

107 this morning.

This is the first election in many years I simply didn't followed at all as I found the whole thing too ugly politically and too corrupt. I didn't miss it (yes, I did know enough to vote in an informed way).

Still on the warm side up here, but I suppose snow out west will find it's way east eventually.

Grammabear, I'm looking forward to getting G6 up and running and I'm anticipating a substantial learning process. If it helps eliminate those middle-of the night lows, it'll be great.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

The weather here is 54 deg and sunny with a high of 74 today.  I have a feeling that this beautiful weather will not last for long.

Tamagno - The G6 is just a little different in that the 'applicator' appears big and bulky.  In reality the actual process of inserting the sensor is almost painless.  I let the applicator rest on the site for a few seconds until I hear a soft click.  Then I lift the applicator and voila' the sensor is inserted and ready for the transmitter.  When does your current X2 pump warranty expire?  If the warranty is almost up, you could upgrade to the CIQ system if desired.  Last night was the first night I had no "middle of the night lows" in a very long time.

Wally - Where do you order the Ez-Sweetz product you use?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  We actually got some rain yesterday, not a lot but it got everything wet.  It is definitely getting cooler and we are supposed to have overnight lows starting tonight around 28°-30° for the rest of the week.  It is snowing in the mountains and yes Tamagno, I expect this will head East as usual.
Grammabear, I get the Ez-Sweetz at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Sweetz-2-0oz-Sweetener-Servings-Original/dp/B078HW47YW?pd_rd_w=Xu91r&pf_rd_p=a92e0124-cfa8-4f1e-82b5-a4a348d97008&pf_rd_r=M0QTBAK1V8GWZPYVSD96&pd_rd_r=fa40383a-81c6-4d29-b91b-a46ee7f157a7&pd_rd_wg=43OAf&pd_rd_i=B078HW47YW&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_15_t

This is for a two bottle package and it last for a long time.  One drop = a tsp. of sugar.  There are single bottles and smaller ones also if you just want to try it.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 08, 2020, 10:27:43 AM76 this morning.  We actually got some rain yesterday, not a lot but it got everything wet.  It is definitely getting cooler and we are supposed to have overnight lows starting tonight around 28°-30° for the rest of the week.  It is snowing in the mountains and yes Tamagno, I expect this will head East as usual.

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Sweetz-2-0oz-Sweetener-Servings-Original/dp/B078HW47YW?pd_rd_w=Xu91r&pf_rd_p=a92e0124-cfa8-4f1e-82b5-a4a348d97008&pf_rd_r=M0QTBAK1V8GWZPYVSD96&pd_rd_r=fa40383a-81c6-4d29-b91b-a46ee7f157a7&pd_rd_wg=43OAf&pd_rd_i=B078HW47YW&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_15_t

This is for a two bottle package and it last for a long time.  One drop = a tsp. of sugar.  There are single bottles and smaller ones also if you just want to try it.

Wally - Will the rain your area received lessen the chance of new wildfires?

Also, do you happen to know if Ez-Sweetz can be used in simple recipes for low carb treats?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

102 this cold cloudy morning.

46° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 25°/12°. Fortunately only had about an inch of snow overnight with a chance of a little more this afternoon/evening. It is 28° right now and doubt it will get much warmer.

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on November 08, 2020, 02:41:01 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 08, 2020, 10:27:43 AM76 this morning.  We actually got some rain yesterday, not a lot but it got everything wet.  It is definitely getting cooler and we are supposed to have overnight lows starting tonight around 28°-30° for the rest of the week.  It is snowing in the mountains and yes Tamagno, I expect this will head East as usual.

Wally - Will the rain your area received lessen the chance of new wildfires?

Also, do you happen to know if Ez-Sweetz can be used in simple recipes for low carb treats?

Yes, the rain helps a lot with the fire danger but then in the burned areas they have to worry about mud slides but that always happens. 
Yes the Ez-Sweetz can be used in cooking just fine.  It is just liquid Splenda and 1 drop = a teaspoon of sugar. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Tamagno

80 this morning.

Thanks for the G6 tips, Grammabear. I think the pump I currently have can be upgraded to the CIQ system - I'd best find out.

I also use a pure sucralose liquid that seems pretty good and the large bottles last a very long time. From Amazon:

JD Liquid Sucralose 16 fl oz, 25% Concentrated Liquid Sweetener

I've tried a number of liquid sucralose products and this one seems to me the best. I don't quite understand how all these "pure" sucralose liquids can have so much difference in flavor, but they do. You just have to experiment until you hit on one you especially like.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

134 this morning.

I finally have an appointment this afternoon to see if my hearing aids can be fixed.  It only took me two weeks, one handwritten letter to get a chance for them to tell me 'Yes' or 'No' it can/can't be fixed.

Our next neighbor passed away yesterday from lung cancer that had spread to other parts of her body.  We will miss her dearly.

Its another beautiful day in the 70s for us until the rain comes later today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  It did get colder with a high yesterday of 51° and the overnight low of 33° so 1° over freezing.  Snow in the mountains and the ski resorts are going to be opening up, probably this weekend.  It is going to be cool for a while but we can still get warmer weather although probably not much.
I know there are other liquid sucralose offerings out there and probably just as good or maybe even better than the Ez-Sweetz but I haven't noticed a difference in others I have tried and I am kind of a creature of habit so I just order things again a lot of the time. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023