You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

104 this cold clear morning.

28° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 34°/19°. I guess we have just skipped over Fall and moved into Winter early!

Glad you are finally able to get in to your Audiologist Grammabear. I hope it is something that can be easily fixed. Sorry to hear about your neighbor, that's sad.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Barbara - I guess we don't realize what we 'have' until we lose it.  My trip to the Audiologist was exceptionally gratifying.  I watched as she took the hearing aid apart and there laid so many tiny pieces on her desk.  Then as she replaced various components and placed them back together and installed the battery - it worked !!!  I am so happy to hear again.  No, my hearing will never be perfect, but I can hear the birds outside, the noise of traffic past our place and now my hubby doesn't have to shout.

We will indeed miss our neighbor's smile and her sense of humor.  She always had kind words to say about someone.  We feel frustrated because we can't comfort her husband on account of Covid.  Darn virus anyway.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

136 today morning.

The high is a result of the exercise that I did last evening. It is a rush of the glycogen reserve coming from my liver. In the long run it is going to be helpful but high for now.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

99 today's reading but a few days ago I was as low as 89. The new meter I have got says very low numbers.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

55 this morning.

Grammabear, I'm sorry to hear of your neighbor's passing. All too often I hear about cancer deaths; such a terrible scourge and at this point you can't even bring her husband food or anything - must be pretty rough for him.

I am glad, however, that your audiologist got your hearing aids fixed!

I'm taking my wife for colonoscopy/endoscopy this morning. Her family has a big history of colon cancer so she's got to stay on top of these things.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

I never realized just how much being able to hear has affected my balance.  I had gone for several walks during the days before the hearing aid was repaired, and found it most distressing to be 'way off balance' while walking down the roadway.  The audiologist explained to me that vision, hearing and the balance organ in our middle ear all work together to keep us humans in an upright position while walking.  When one of those three elements is off kilter, we feel strange and I surely did.

Tamagno - Good Wishes to your wife for her tests.  May she have a good outcome.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  We had an overnight low of 29° so it does feel like Winter now.  High today is supposed to be 51° but starting to warm up and should be around 70° on the weekend. 
Yeah Grammabear, we do take a lot of things for granted until we lose them.  So glad you got your hearing back.
I'm off to the Dentist in a while because I broke part of on of my teeth.  Not a major break but still needs to be fixed. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this lightly snowing morning.

Another 28° for a high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/23° with snow showers.

Yay Grammabear! So glad you got your hearing aid fixed!!

Tamagno, I hope all goes well with your wife's tests.

I now appear to have 4 feral cats that visit. Three gray ones and an orange one that only comes once in a while. I have 2 feeding stations set up to keep them somewhat separated. Meow Kitty still gets the best of the food. Other Kitty has tried to get in the house a couple of times it is really bold.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on November 10, 2020, 08:45:47 AMThe audiologist explained to me that vision, hearing and the balance organ in our middle ear all work together to keep us humans in an upright position while walking.  When one of those three elements is off kilter, we feel strange and I surely did.

That is very true.

We're in the Diwali week. That's our New Year and the most important festival of India. The eating is going to be bad the next few days and so I won't be checking.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

37 this morning.

At least that hypo this morning means I get granola with banana in my morning coffee - a real treat.

Enjoy Diwali, SKB! Judging by the recipes I'm seeing for the holiday, you're going to find it nearly impossible to avoid carbs; might as well have a good time and get back on track later.

Grammabear, that's really fascinating about your balance and how it relates to hearing. It's something I hadn't considered at all, but makes sense. Our bipedal preference has long interested me as it's so very peculiar; if you think of it from an evolutionary standpoint it seems absurd and unstable. Makes me wonder how in the world that could ever come to be.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 this morning.

We are grateful to have a home this morning after a sudden thunderstorm yesterday.  The storm started with a few dark clouds and wind.  The intensity of the wind increased, the clouds got much darker and all heck broke loose in a matter of minutes.  The storm produced hail too and we were really shook up.  A nearby auto assembly plant, located just over a mile away, had more than 30 feet of roofing absolutely lifted and disappeared.  And this all happened November 10, 2020.

skb - Enjoy the holiday, it only happens once a year and you can always get right back on the bandwagon later to be low carb again.

Barbara - the 'word' must have passed around within the feral kitty community about the smorgasbord at your place.  At least you know that the main Kitty is still ok.  You might have to increase your stock of kitty food when you grocery shop.

Wally - If I did not thank you, then I shall do so now for providing the link for Ez-Sweetz.  It tastes very good and I think it will become a regular item in our pantry.  I like the taste in my morning coffee.  :)))
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  It is warming up each day with a high of 61° yesterday and predicted to get to 65° today and around 70° on the weekend.  There is no moisture in sight for the next few days.
I got my tooth fixed yesterday.  I don't know what I did but I broke the tip of one of my front teeth and it left a spike which my tongue just could not stay away from.  Easy fix and all good now.
SKB, enjoy the Diwali week and yeah, it is probably a good idea to not test until it is over.
Grammabear, that sounds quite scary.  Glad you are OK.  Also glad you like the Ez-Sweetz.  Some people don't like it for some reason but it has always been good to me.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this cloudy morning.

38° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/18°. Had about 1.5". of new snow overnight.

skb, enjoy Diwali week and after you can get back on the wagon.

Grammabear, that sounds frightening! I hate the wind! Yes, I think I have some sort of cat marking on my house that is attracting them! Yesterday I saw a new all black one across the irrigation ditch behind me, I expect it will find its way here eventually.  ~ cat ~  LOL, I just got a 16# bag of dried food and a 24 can case if wet cat food from Amazon....

skb

Thank you all. Yes the bandwagon is always there but i don't want to get very far out. 129 today morning. As such, not a very bad number but considering that I was hitting the low 80s consistently it is scary. Let me not lose sight of the bandwagon.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

43 this morning.

Glad you're okay, Grammabear! We had heavy rain yesterday, but nothing nearly so devastating.

Wally, I don't know how many times I've resisted the temptation to get out my Dremel Mototool and try to grind down an offending tooth like that myself. Doesn't take much for your tongue to find it.

We're scheduled to have a huge ash tree taken down today, but I don't know if it'll be too wet or not. I sure wouldn't want to be doing that work in even light rain.

BigSkyGal, my father-in law claimed to hate cats but when the community of feral cats at his place grew, he constructed the most solid cat house for them I've ever seen - it was exceptionally well insulated to help protect them in cold weather and was situated right outside the kitchen door so he could easily feed them in the winter.