You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Yesterday was as beautiful a day weather-wise as the day before was frightening.  I guess it is a wise thing to be always watching the sky and the colors there.  Sometimes the dark clouds settle in very quickly.

Bigskygal - Maybe the word travels quickly that your place has the best "treats".  It does make one wonder how the animals came to be 'feral'?  We once had a cat that came to our back door as a young kitten, cried so pitifully that we could not turn her away.  We took her in, fed her and gave her a blanket just "for the night" that ended up being 15 years.

Tamagno - When they take the tree down for you, are they also going to split and stack it for you too as firewood (unless it isn't a good wood to burn)?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  We are warming up a bit each day and on the weekend we are supposed to be around 70° and Monday we are supposed to be at 76° so quite a change.
Yeah Tamagno, I can understand the temptation to get the Dremel out but I really prefer to let the dentist do the job.  In addition to grinding the spike she filled the hole with porcelain and I couldn't do that.  It is amazing how the tongue just can't seem to stay away from something like that. 
Barbara, sounds like you have quite a following there. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

109 this mostly sunny morning.

38° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/19°. Possibly snow tomorrow. I guess I had better run my errands today...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

124 today morning. Yesterday was a better day food wise.

Meanwhile, I share some pictures of the minimal decorations at home for Diwali.

You cannot view this attachment.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

115 this morning.

SKB, great photos! It's always fun to see pictures of people's homes (if not themselves) that frequent this site. Life in India remains mysterious to me and I'm always happy to learn. Judging by Diwali recipes I'm seeing around, it looks like lots of sweets. It's my impression that food and dining are taken very seriously there.

Wally, I expect that's the smarter choice - I'd be wanting to fill cavities with epoxy or something.

Grammabear, while I'd love to have the firewood and not too many years ago would have split and stacked it myself, hiring someone to do it is crazy expensive so I had this guy haul it away. As it turned out (this was a new arborist we were auditioning), this outfit with a crew and equipment had the tree down, mess in the yard all cleaned up and was gone in a couple hours. Good job.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

124 this morning.

skb - What beautiful decorations you have.  They look peaceful and elegant.

Tamagno - It sounds like the new arborist has a good work ethic and is someone you might recommend to others needing that type of work.

Wally - Its always good to have dental issues taken care of quickly.  I'm glad your dentist fixed your problem. 

Barbara - It is no heat wave here today either at 28 deg F.  I think our 60 and 70 deg days are gone until next year.  Be safe and warm.

Almost forgot - since it is getting colder, does anyone have a favorite soup recipe to share or a link to said recipe?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  I had an early appointment with my Dermatologist this morning so posting late.  Had a lump on my ear removed but it is probably benign but glad to have it gone.
Happy Friday the 13th everyone.   ~wsl~
Weather here is warming up yet and I am looking forward to temps in the mid 70s next week.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this cloudy, windy morning.

38° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 37°/28° with rain/snow showers. It is pretty stormy outside right now...I didn't go out yesterday, now I'm wishing I did! I think now I'll wait until tomorrow...

Nice photos skb! The decorations do look so peaceful and lovely.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

126 today.

Diwali is big festival all across India but this year has been very low key because of covid. I can hardly hear any fire-crackers going off. People are not meeting each other. Very strange Diwali but to be expected.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Quote from: skb on November 13, 2020, 08:15:35 PM126 today.

Diwali is big festival all across India but this year has been very low key because of covid. I can hardly hear any fire-crackers going off. People are not meeting each other. Very strange Diwali but to be expected.

I expect the Holiday season is going to be very different everywhere this year. Sad, but true with the soaring number of cases of Covid. With all the deaths, it feels hard to celebrate...

Tamagno

57 this morning.

I don't eat much soup, but this recipe is one I like:

https://www.copymethat.com/r/fWXV1jl/ultimate-cream-of-tomato-soup/

When I make that, I usually make it thicker using cornstarch or flour and keep it around to use as a condiment. When I eat it as soup, I usually add little scallops, shrimp or anything similar (I sauté them in butter first, and add them off heat).

Cold weather headed our way tonight - may be time to start up the wood stove.

I'm sure Thanksgiving will be just my wife and I. In her practice, my wife has already encountered a patient whose parents came up from the south, and one of them had to be hospitalized with COVID almost immediately plus the new case numbers around here keep rising. Best to stay isolated for now, I think.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

94 this morning.

Tamagno - Thank you for sharing the link for Tomato soup.  It is one of my favorites, and yet I have never been what I would call "successful" in creating something that tasted as good as what my Mother made when we were children.

My family is already considering 'pros and cons' of whether we should have a meal together for the Thanksgiving holiday.  It feels so sad just considering not having our traditional time.  It is the only time we have together all year as both of our sons do not live in the same town/state as we do.  :(((
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We had a high of 72° yesterday so pretty nice and heading to the high 70s next week then cooling down again the week of Thanksgiving.
Yeah, covid is making holiday travel a problem.  I don't have any problem mixing with family but my brother lives in Washington state and I don't want to travel that far.  Before the virus started I had planed to make the trip but it will just have to wait.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

112 this breezy partly cloudy morning.

39° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 36°/27°.

It will just be me for Thanksgiving and Christmas too. I'm hoping to find a turkey thigh when I go to the store today, that is enough meat for me.

Found another new hot sauce on Amazon. Texas Pete, it is not very hot at all and very vinegary. It will be great for wings!

Grammabear

Barbara - How do you fix the turkey thigh?  I've never seen that particular cut of turkey offered for sale here.  It sounds like the perfect amount of meat for one or two people. 

We decided to cancel our Thanksgiving meal with our sons as the neighbor whose wife just passed away has also tested positive for Covid.  We feel it is better to stay apart from our family for a while.  My heart is sad though.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021