You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Sure enough, covid has disrupted a lot of things. Diwali, the biggest festival of India, was celebrated in a subdued manner. However, the festival of lights, needs some lights. Here's my next door high rise.

You cannot view this attachment.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

64 this morning.

I suppose it's safest to eat/celebrate in private - I hear all sorts of things about traveling now plus I know up here reported cases are growing in number every week.

I didn't realize you were a city dweller, SKB. That's quite a building next to you - no doubt seeing that spectacle there and in person is really something.

Looks like we're getting some seriously cold weather next week with predictions down in the teens. We've had plenty of precipitation over the summer and fall so I'm hoping the cold doesn't bring snow along with it.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

118 this morning.

Weather here is most unpleasant at 32 deg with drizzly rain and winds at 25mph.  Excellent day to stay indoors.

skb - We did enjoy your picture of the building next to you.  The lights are special to us in that we rarely see colored lights except at Christmas time.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

76 this morning.  Weather here is quite nice right now and will be in the mid to high 70s for a few days.  It is going to cool down a bit the week of Thanksgiving but still be in the 60s so cool but not cols yet.  No rain in sight and that would be nice to get.  They did get enough snow in the mountains for some of the ski resorts to open and that is a good thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

100 this cloudy morning.

39° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 48°/30°. It is breezy and I just don't like that!

Grammabear, I usually roast the turkey thigh in the oven, but in the days when I used my barbeque I grilled it once or twice. I didn't go to the grocery store yesterday, I'll go tomorrow. I was too nervous to go on the weekend.

skb, that building certainly looks festive!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on November 15, 2020, 07:09:23 AMI didn't realize you were a city dweller, SKB. That's quite a building next to you - no doubt seeing that spectacle there and in person is really something.

Born and brought up in Mumbai (erstwhile Bombay). Though I moved to where I live in 1985 because it was a green zone and my house is almost bordering a National Park and a 3500 acre dairy complex. All that is now history. I've posted these images before, but here I go again. First one is sat image from 1999-2000 and the other one is recent.

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

36 this morning.

I must have gotten confused with the green zone, national park and cattle farm, SKB. Nevertheless, it's a great place to be if you've got to be in a city.

Lots of recipes for turkey parts around as people will be having much smaller scale gatherings. I always pretend a turkey is just a large chicken and proceed with whatever recipe. Resting after roasting seems the most important to keep it juicy.

Feels like winter is settling in now with cold and dark days becoming the rule.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

89 this morning.

Our weather today is forecast for 48 deg F with a low tonight of 27 deg F.  It sure does get dark much earlier than necessary.  At least the wind is quiet today compared to 25mph of yesterday.

I know it is 'wishful' thinking on my part, but what dessert do you miss a lot since being diagnosed with diabetes?  My Gram used to back the best German Sweet Chocolate Cake and I sure miss that once in a while.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  We are supposed to get to 77° for a high today and 79° tomorrow so warm weather for now.  Cooling down a bit net week but in the mid 60s so not cold.
I know turkey is traditional for Thanksgiving but I don't plan to follow that.  I will be putting a beef tenderloin on the BBQ and that will be quite enjoyable. 
When I was younger dessert was a big thing and I enjoyed them all but I am not really missing not having any these days.  I do have some low carb items from time to time. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

111 this mostly cloudy morning.

Yesterday's high was 48°, today's forecast is 45°/28°. Not feeling like going out today, think I'll wait until tomorrow or Wednesday to grocery shop.

I never was much of a dessert person, nowadays if I feel like something sweet after a meal, I'll eat a few berries.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

127 today.

Grammabear, I don't know if you have ever had these, but you should try them, and hot.

Indian Dessert
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

51 this morning.

Before dx I ate anything and everything I wanted. The best was my nightly huge bowl of ice cream covered with chocolate sauce and whipped cream and I miss that the most.

Cold here continues. Good grief, not only am I getting confused over which day it is, but also which season; I keep thinking spring will be so nice...

Grammabear

120 this morning.

skb - I have never had the India dessert you linked to in an above post.  It looks very interesting.  Now, I am on a quest for a source or a recipe.  :)  Thank You.

Tamagno - It is the same at our house.  One day blends into the next, especially if we don't have an appointment to attend.  We have to check our phone to see what day it is, and going outside tells us that winter is approaching.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We got to a high of 76° yesterday so it doesn't feel like Winter here yet but it is supposed to cool down a bit next week.  There are a couple of storms coming from the North but they are not supposed to get down this far.  We will probably just get wind.
I do have sweets now and then but I try for the lowest carb I can find.  There are cookies made by High Key on Amazon that are low carb and I do fine with them but you have to limit the amount to keep from going too high.  I also make my own "candy" which is actually a fat bomb using baking chocolate and coconut oil.  The hardest part of getting by with sweet things is portion control.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

99 this cloudy morning.

46° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 46°/36° with possibility of rain overnight. Darn, our dirt road is a muddy mess as it is, don't need more water! I almost got stuck taking the garbage up to the road yesterday.

That treat look delicious skb!