You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

143 today morning. Diwali showing up in my Blood Glucose  :D

Like the Chinese say, 'Every journey begins with a single step'. Now I have to take mine.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

Logging in after a break for Diwali.

96 today's reading.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

56 this morning.

The Diwali dish you posted looks interesting, SKB; Wally's right about portion control, I think I might get away with a single bite.

Yesterday I made sweets of my own - a mixture of sugar-free lemon jello and vanilla pudding mixed with mandarin oranges (labeled sugar free). To this I folded in some homemade whipped cream (very easy with an immersion blender and heavy cream) to which I added sucralose, orange extract and cinnamon plus I drained the mandarin oranges, dried them and added sucralose before mixing into the pudding. Pretty tasty really, and for something that sweet pretty low carb.

Grammabear, I've managed to go a step further and ask Alexa what day it is - seems foolish to me, but it can be handy for that.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning ~ That is what I get for 'indulging' in Macadamia nuts.

Tamagno - Your creation sounds delicious.  I will have to try it as I love mandarin oranges (and they really aren't too bad for blood sugar either).
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

84 this morning.  We had a high of 77° yesterday and now it is supposed to cool down a bit but still in the low 70s and next week in the high 60s.  There is apparently a La Niña that is going to be in place through the winter and it may be quite dry in this area.  Not good for Southern California.
Tamagno, that sounds really good and worth trying. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this mostly cloudy morning.

43° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 45°/32°.

That sounds like a tasty snack Tamagno. I think I will be adding a couple items to my shopping list.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

110 today morning.

Tamagno that dish is worth a try. I may need to switch mandarins for something else. Maybe sweet lime.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Our decision to be 'safe' and celebrate Thanksgiving alone was met with unhappiness on the part of our offspring.  I guess they think we enjoy being alone.  :(

I saw the ENT yesterday for a follow up visit for my ear.  It turns out I have an infection and was prescribed steroid ear drops.  It should not affect BG she said!!  What she forgets is that I have a ruptured eardrum and the drops go directly into body tissue which most definitely affects BG. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Weather here is going to be pretty consistent for the next few days and be in the low 70s to the high 60s.  No rain in sight but there is more snow in the mountains, just not getting down this far.
I see people have started "panic buying"  again and toilet paper is disappearing from store shelves.  I don't get it.
Hope you are able to get rid of the infection Grammabear.  The EMT may not remember every detail about every patient but I can't help wondering why you didn't remind her and see if there was a different solution that would not affect your bg.  If not it may just be something you have to deal with but getting rid of the infection is probably most important.
Missing Tamagno this morning. Hope he is OK.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 19, 2020, 10:47:10 AM95 this morning.  Weather here is going to be pretty consistent for the next few days and be in the low 70s to the high 60s.  No rain in sight but there is more snow in the mountains, just not getting down this far.
I see people have started "panic buying"  again and toilet paper is disappearing from store shelves.  I don't get it.
Hope you are able to get rid of the infection Grammabear.  The EMT may not remember every detail about every patient but I can't help wondering why you didn't remind her and see if there was a different solution that would not affect your bg.  If not it may just be something you have to deal with but getting rid of the infection is probably most important.
Missing Tamagno this morning. Hope he is OK.

Wally - Are you folks noticing the 'shortage' of paper towels also?  We went to a warehouse style grocery store and there were just '2' rolls of paper towels left on shelves designed to hold "many" rolls of paper towels.  There was an equal shortage of toilet paper at the same store.

I am not even sure why I got an infection in the first place.  When I go there to have the mastoid cavity cleaned, that process really affects my balance.  Quite often the room "spins" while she is working on the ear.  Not a pleasant process, but it has to be done.  My ear no longer has the ability to clean itself as a regular healthy ear does when it produces wax. 

Also missing Tamagno and noticed his BGs have been low the past few days.  Hope he is ok too.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

43 this morning.

One of those lost mornings, I'm afraid. I overate last night and spent much of the night just feeling awful - in those situations, I feel like vomiting, but since I can't, I just wind up waiting for the extra food to digest. It's a lousy feeling and it left me sleeping late. Oh well...

Grammabear, I often wonder how closely docs listen or if they just assume we're all idiots - maybe both. Much too often I find docs not reading charts and prescribing meds and courses of treatment that are inappropriate. I've no idea what to do about it.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

bigskygal

101 this rainy morning.

42° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 41°/27° with showers. Ugh, my road is going to be a giant mud hole!

Sorry you had such a tough night Tamagno. I am worried about your low bg #'s can you get it up safely?

Grammabear, yesterday when I was shopping I didn't see any signs of shortages in my local market. Paper product shelves were all full. I didn't find any turkey parts unfortunately so I guess Thanksgiving will be the duck drumstick and thigh from the freezer. Sorry about the ear infection.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Tamagno - Glad to know you are almost ok and at least feeling better.  Do take care.  :)

This afternoon I went to the pharmacy to pick up the new ear drops the Dr prescribed for me.  Turns out that the ones I had at home were expired.  They were 'on hand' just in case I had an ear infection and could not reach the doctor - like on a weekend.  Anyway - the new ear drops are a different class of antibiotic that is non steroidal.  So they will be much kinder to my bg I hope. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on November 19, 2020, 03:02:17 PMSorry you had such a tough night Tamagno. I am worried about your low bg #'s can you get it up safely?

Yup. I wonder what would happen to me if I touched 43 or thereabouts. I remember shaking and trembling at 73 when I had just been diagnosed and had started on of those metformin combo tablets. At that time of course my 'normal' must have been 200+
Lately, I've touched 68 in a non-medicated state and didn't notice anything amiss.

98 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

90 today's reading. Very excited to see this number after a long time.
Diabetic ?