You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

87 this morning.

That's good news about your ear drops, Grammabear; I hope they're also effective!

In the early days of CGMs, they were prescribed mostly for people who are not sensitive to hypos. The more you have them, the less aware you are and it can be troublesome. Before I got my CGM I recall once coming in from doing yard work and found my glucose was 20, while I felt no ill effect.

I confess I'm not quite sure what the fascination is with turkey other than their size and tradition. I've never noticed that much flavor difference compared to chicken. If I could find fresh goose at a reasonable price, I think I'd have that; it's all dark meat, fatty and delicious. Otherwise, BigSkyGal, that duck sounds pretty good to me and I'd also prefer that to turkey.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

140 this morning.

Our Thanksgiving meal will be anything but 'traditional' as we decided to purchase a Atlantic Salmon piece.  We like fish, it is easy to fix and is friendly to the bg.

Sweety - Your numbers are really good.  You must be pleased with the improvement.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  It looks like we will be in the mid 70s through the weekend and then cooling down a bit. Any storm activity is stating further North and they are getting more snow in the mountains so ski resorts are open and in full swing. 
My Thanksgiving dinner is going to be grilled Beef Tenderloin.  I like turkey OK and it used to be the traditional meal we always had but I have switched to what ever sounds good at the time. 
I haven't seen any hoarding in the stores around here yet but the news is showing empty shelves in stores like Costco in the Los Angeles area and people around here will probably follow suit.  Reminds me of Lemmings.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

102 this sunny morning.

40° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/23° and clear.

Yeah, the duck is up for Thanksgiving. I really don't want to go out in search of a turkey thigh. I did buy some fresh cranberries and I have some sugar free mandarin orange cups so I will cook them together, that and some mashed cauliflower will be just fine for me...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

126 today morning.

India did a slow downward march in the covid daily tally for the past 2 months, but now the numbers in some places have started going up again. We came down from 100K to 24k and today we're at 46k. What is the ground situation in the US ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

My today's reading is 106. Just when I was getting happier about my numbers.  :(  :(
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

89 this morning.

I've been watching your numbers Sweetie, and you're doing great; whatever you're doing, keep at it!

Sounds like everybody has terrific plans for food on Thanksgiving. My wife generally cooks our meal but I don't know what she's got planned. Seems silly to roast a whole turkey for just the two of us, but if she does, there'll be tons of leftovers as well as a lot of turkey stock - both can be frozen and will be welcome later on.

SKB, my wife keeps close track of virus cases here and gives me a daily report (plus what I glean from here and family in other states). The upshot is that confirmed cases are on the rise fairly dramatically - my wife knows how to do statistical analysis and could tell you things like number of tests vs. actual cases, but I don't remember those. Mostly what's happening is family or friends from out of state come visit and within a couple of days one or more ends up in hospital. I hear this not only from our area but also down home in West Virginia (an entire family infected) as well as Atlanta and parts of Alabama. Also, interestingly, basically no cases from area private schools or public elementary schools, but lots from area public high schools. No end in sight at present.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

120 this morning.

The Covid cases in the county where I live in IL are rising about 15% daily.  Our governor has started once again a 'tier 3' restrictions which means no indoor dining, no large indoor gatherings publicly, no things like pubs, taverns, bowling alleys etc.  He wants people to stay home unless you are going for food or medical care.  The cases continue to rise in spite of obvious precautions and the news reports are not specifying which age group seems to be having more cases.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  We only got to 68° yesterday.  It is supposed to get to 73° today so we will see  how that goes. 
The case count for most of the USA is going up and California is seeing a large increase.  I think since it is getting colder people are spending more time indoors which health officials have been worrying about and also people have gotten tired of dealing with it and have gotten more lax.  Here in the desert there is not nearly the rise in cases seen in other areas. 
Sweety, 106 is not a bad number at all.  You are doing quite well so just keep doing what you are.

A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this mostly sunny morning.

40° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 43°/18°.

Covid cases here in MT have gone way up. My small county had 91 new cases yesterday. Statewide there were 1280 new cases yesterday. I am getting more and more nervous about going out.

Sweety I concur, your numbers are looking good just keep doing what you are doing. Numbers can fluctuate for all kinds of reasons, many unknown. As long as you stick with the plan, you will mostly see good numbers.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

125 today.

I'm just curious to know if anyone has heard of a covid case on LCHF ? It just might be, that this WoE also keeps immunity at very high.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

168 this morning.

Sweetie, ditto what others said; keep at it, you're doing great!

SKB, that's an interesting conjecture. I haven't seen anything about LCHF boosting immunity, but it might. Just now, even though there are tons of "keto" recipes around, LCHF is also under fire as the politically preferred diet is now mostly vegetarian with emphasis on various beans, grains, vegetables, fruits, etc. and the eating of meat discouraged (except, for some reason, salmon). The party line for diabetic diets still "limits" carbs to 150-200 per meal!?! It would take a brave and well-connected researcher to take an interest in your question and get funding.

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Are there any countries in the world who are mostly vegetarian?  It would be interesting to know if avoiding meat also boosts our immunity?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We got to 70° yesterday and it looks like the same today and then in the mid to low 60s next week.
I don't know of anyone, other than on the forum, that uses a LCHF diet but I think it would take a large group study to determine if there was any effect on immunity.  One of the factors is that those on a LCHF diet may be more conscious of their health and take more precautions to prevent exposure. 
I don't know enough about other countries diets to know if there are any that are mostly vegetarian but I don't believe in avoiding meat.  I believe that we are omnivores not herbivores and we evolved eating both vegetable and meat.  Also, I like meat !
I went to my local Walmart yesterday and sure enough the toilet paper aisle was almost empty.  Other items were sometimes gone or in short supply.  I honestly don't know what motivates people to go nuts but I guess it is human nature to run with the herd.  I think that videos of empty shelves in the news and social media causes people to panic.
On the plus side people around here are really good at wearing masks and I don't feel worried shopping.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

112 this sunny morning.

41° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 39°/23°.

Interesting thought skb, that would be an extra bonus to lc/hf.