You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2020

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

105 today (early) morning.

Sweetie you are doing great. 106 is a very good number for fasting. Keep it up.

I'm opening another topic for "LCHF and Covid" as it is a big one to be merged with the fasting one. Do post your thoughts there.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Sweety

97 yeterday's reading and 99 today.

Thank you for the comfort everyone.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

82 this morning.

I'm a great fan of 19th century travelogues from which much fascinating information can be gleaned. For example, one explorer of the northeastern-most reaches of Russia reports on people who lived exclusively on reindeer; I suppose a sort of ultimate LCHF diet (plus unintentionally amusing when describing living conditions). Can't say I've run across any that are exclusively vegetarian.

Personally, I seem always to have had quirky eating habits having gone through extended periods of eating nothing but ice cream, another eating nothing but raw tofu, another eating only rice and another eating only grapes - there have been others, but that's enough. Very generally speaking I can report that in every case the common thread is that they don't end well. Best to have variety when possible.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

102 this morning.

It is cold at 28 deg F today but the sun in shinning brightly, so all is good.

Growing up as a child, my diet depended on what my parents could afford.  Mostly it was very plain food with vegetables, a little meat and occasionally sweet food.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  e got to 73° yesterday but now it is going to cool down a bit and be in the mid to low 60s.  Not cold but cooler. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

92 this cold cloudy morning.

34° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 37°/27° with the possibility of rain/snow showers.

Same situation when I was growing up Grammabear. We ate what we could afford, no frills, nothing fancy.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

104 today morning.

We are what could be defined as a largely "vegetarian" society. Until I started somewhat LCHF which was at age 52, we ate either chicken or meat (goat mutton) only for dinner on Sundays, and that qualified as non-vegetarian.

After joining up on my first forum, I started to eat eggs, fish, mutton, beef all 3 times in the day until the government banned the sale of beef. Now I eat 2 meals a day, mostly eggs and ham for breakfast, and chicken or mutton for dinner, mixed with some rice. I avoid wheat like the plague.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

94 today's fasting reading.

We also eat fish or chicken about 2-3 times a week. I grew up in a strictly vegetarian family but after my marriage I have started eating because my husband loves fish.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

47 this morning.

I guess as a child, what I ate depended on whether I was with my parents or my grandparents. The latter ate what they'd grown or shot (no grocery stores for them) while my mother had a somewhat more varied diet on hand.

When I left home all that changed as I tried to figure out what in the world was going on with food in Manhattan, which is to say I had pretty much no idea what I was doing.

Now it seems like I eat constantly, but only a few bites at a time.

Pretty chilly here today with highs barely in the 40s.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Our diet as adults is more varied, but usually limited to chicken, fish or pork.  Beef is getting very expensive per pound in the U.S. so we don't eat that as often.  We have vegetables at every meal.  My husband grows potatoes because he loves them, and also green beans, sweet peppers and sometimes onions.  Garden grown green beans have much better flavor than store bought beans.  We try to put excess vegetables from the garden in our freezer.  We are still eating fresh tomatoes from our garden.

We woke up to snow today, maybe a inch or so, but everything is white now.  Temperature is 33 deg F.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

85 this morning. We had a high yesterday of 69° and it looks like we will be in the 60s for the rest of the month at least.
I agree Grammabear, the home grown vegies do have a lot more flavor.  The local grocery store has a pretty nice selection of produce and while it is not the same as home grown but still not bad. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this mostly sunny morning.

34° was the high yesterday, today's forecast is 39°/27°.

I totally agree home grown is the best, but I have too much wildlife to even try. Fortunately there is a pretty good farmer's market in town in the Summer.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

106 today morning.

It's soothing to read of the chill and the snow. Since we're also slightly North of the equator (19oN) it is officially winter but the Sun beats down a lot more harshly here than up there. We're in the 70o-90o F range for the 24 hours.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Sweety

Today's reading is 99. Managed to not cross the century line.
Diabetic ?

Tamagno

119 this morning.

SKB, I hadn't thought of your home in terms of proximity to the equator, but it seems helpful to me in understanding the climate there. Hmm, so do drains just south of you run in the opposite direction?

I had a weird experience last night which is cautionary. I for some years now been using large diameter glass straws in drinks and the one I keep next to my bed last night actually broke in the drink (you can imagine my confusion attempting to take a sip in the dark and finding no straw). I got these several years ago before they got to be a fad, so perhaps they've improved and I think mine were at the time sold as lab pipettes, but I think I'll switch to stainless steel.